Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
Quante, I ran a 75 for mod 12th only last week. It kind of depends on what motor you want to run. I prefer to run more motor and not run any timing, so I ran with a 4.0 motor, and in the std mode 2 profile. I don't think you temps are a huge problem, mine ran at 108 and it was no real issue.

Setting the mode does set the radio values, you should always do this with the radio set at 100%, and it should then be fine.
Thx for the answer, but the strange thing is that I thought of it the same.
So I went to another mode just so the esc could get my transmitter values (at 100%) but it didnt change.
I noticed it would give full throttle about halfway the trigger so I started adjusting the EPA and ended up at 65% that the esc saw as full.
Very strange, I'll try again this week and see what comes out.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MattW
Quante, I ran a 75 for mod 12th only last week. It kind of depends on what motor you want to run. I prefer to run more motor and not run any timing, so I ran with a 4.0 motor, and in the std mode 2 profile. I don't think you temps are a huge problem, mine ran at 108 and it was no real issue.

Setting the mode does set the radio values, you should always do this with the radio set at 100%, and it should then be fine.
Hi Matt, do you need to run a lipo booster when running with 1s liops? cheers Aaron
Old 12-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Aaron, Personally I ran with a 6.6V LiFe reciever pack.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Quante
Thx for the answer, but the strange thing is that I thought of it the same.
So I went to another mode just so the esc could get my transmitter values (at 100%) but it didnt change.
I noticed it would give full throttle about halfway the trigger so I started adjusting the EPA and ended up at 65% that the esc saw as full.
Very strange, I'll try again this week and see what comes out.
There's a setting that ignores radio calibration when changing modes, make sure that's not on when you try to change modes.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default 120 problems

Hi
have a strange problem with my 120 speedo , other in our club have same problem with the 75. We run 17,5 blinky. Problem is with gm and also other motors. I run around 4 gearing in a TC on rubber tyres. Problem is when the car starts from stand still. Looks like it will reverse , but just 2-5cm then forward the same , then reverse again , and then suddenly it goes normal. But if you stop on the track it's same problem again. Max timing on motor and in 2 on speedo. Speedo is updated to 13,1. Any ideas ? Sensor cable has been changed many times, no result , many different motors.

Hope you can help

Thanks in advance
Michael
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi
have a strange problem with my 120 speedo , other in our club have same problem with the 75. We run 17,5 blinky. Problem is with gm and also other motors. I run around 4 gearing in a TC on rubber tyres. Problem is when the car starts from stand still. Looks like it will reverse , but just 2-5cm then forward the same , then reverse again , and then suddenly it goes normal. But if you stop on the track it's same problem again. Max timing on motor and in 2 on speedo. Speedo is updated to 13,1. Any ideas ? Sensor cable has been changed many times, no result , many different motors.

Hope you can help

Thanks in advance
Michael
Turn the timing down on the motor a little and it will stop

I had the same issue with a 13.5 Reedy motor

It will still be mega fast as you don't need loads of timing in Blinky just gear it harder :-)

Hope it helps
Old 01-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Turn the timing down on the motor a little and it will stop

I had the same issue with a 13.5 Reedy motor

It will still be mega fast as you don't need loads of timing in Blinky just gear it harder :-)

Hope it helps
Hi
Thanks for your answer , BUT something must be wrong in the speedo , just heard that one of the guys change his GM with a SP speedo , and no problems at all with same motor timing.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default latest generation 13.5 gm motor

hi, im after some info havin just bought one. gear ratio and timing setting etc for a gm 90 with the latest firmware.
http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...or-2012-p-6835
any advice welcome.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by plummers
hi, im after some info havin just bought one. gear ratio and timing setting etc for a gm 90 with the latest firmware.
http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...or-2012-p-6835
any advice welcome.
5.5 ish
Old 01-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Hope you can help

Thanks in advance
Michael
Had exactly the same issues today when running blinky for the first time.

With an X12 motor on minimum timing (4dot) it was fine. With any more motor timing added it would have this jerky getaway, which caused me a slow getaway starting from pole in both final legs, with P3 man almost coming past me each time.

If there are no solutions from GM then this ESC will be coming out. Such a shame as I love it in boosted mode, and it's totally bullet-proof apart from these cogging problems.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleburr

With an X12 motor on minimum timing (4dot) it was fine. With any more motor timing added it would have this jerky getaway, which caused me a slow getaway starting from pole in both final legs, with P3 man almost coming past me each time.

If there are no solutions from GM then this ESC will be coming out. Such a shame as I love it in boosted mode, and it's totally bullet-proof apart from these cogging problems.
Hi

Try to look at GM own forum.

http://forum.gm-racing.de/forum/

Ralf Heilbing is answer at this forum , and keep saying that there are no problems. Today I put in a Tekin RS pro , and same motor and gearing , and in blinky ,and NO problems what so ever. Like I have mentioned , 4 different drivers have now that problem in denmark , and now 3 have tried new speedo.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr

try a couple of clicks of fwd trim on your handset, we used to have a similar issue to this with boosted, so i doubt it's blinky mode.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris_dono
try a couple of clicks of fwd trim on your handset, we used to have a similar issue to this with boosted, so i doubt it's blinky mode.
I don't think it's blinky mode either, as it was fine on minimum motor timing. The issue just happens to come up when running blinky as you tend to add motor timing, which seems to be what causes the issue.

The trim trick was necessary (and worked) on the early 2010 GM120s as they had a bootloader issue. But that happened even on minimum motor timing, and actually caused the car to totally stall and need a push, rather than just cog a bit. This was fixed by the time the GM75 came out (which is what I'm now running), and the issue seems different. I'll give it a try anyway and see if it helps, although it'll likely be a while before we get another dry weekend to try it.

Can some of the other guys with the issue give it a try? Basically you need to move the throttle trim forwards far enough that the ESC is no longer in neutral, but isn't quite far enough forwards to make the car move.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

have the same problem with the GM75 if i resert factory works well on 0 timing but if i starts with timing do the same.
Any help with fdr for a open track 80m straight motor x12 and V131_basic.gd2
thank´s
Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Problem with start

Hi!

v13.1, modified engine, mode 3 without or with messing settings

It looks like, going for start, put car on track, then is 30sec to start,
some idiot find that he must repair carpet, then wait 2 mins and at start,
push th and car is in place ... servo works, but engine doesn't works ...

Sometimes it happens and made me f.....g angry, and same speedo 90 at
friends car and he has same problem ...

Sensor wire was changed, engine was changed ...

Don't know it is go without sensor cable must check it.

Any tip?
m

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.