Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattW
It's a little unusual, ususally everything is within the zip file - however, for v13 doesn't seem it is.

However, it is part of the v13.1 download - so you may as well use that!!

http://www.gm-racing.de/rwdownload/index.php?dl=155
Matt your my hero I owe you a pint sir :-)
Old 02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

hi someone could send a file for stock v13 with powerful configuration with turbo

Last edited by fernan10; 02-08-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi i've just had new sensor lead for my 120 firmware 7.2 at full throttle both lights are still on is that right or do I have to reset speedo
Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Hi all
Just got my first gm120 (second hand) it's a 2010 spec and just upgraded to firmware 13.
I now am totally lost as to the settings in the programming menus in the setup software and what they do and how they should be adjusted to suit different motors and tracks. Is there a guide as to settings and what each slider does?
I race 13.5 predominately indoor on carpet with a schumacher mi4 cx/lp but plan on outdoor racing too Thai year. I've read through this forum but still not sure. Do I just follow the instructions in the stock how to and am good to go? I really don't want to fry anything - can't afford it!
Any tips and advice would be great
Cheers
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

This is a good start HOW TO GUIDE
Old 02-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Please tell me about GM75 for 12th modified application.
I have never used GM75, but I would like to get and test GM75 this year.

now I use Advanced Electronics
Black Diamond V2 and LRP SXX V2 with Trinity D3 4.0T, X12 3.5T and 4.0T octa.

1. Software.
When I will buy GM75, I think that ESC, if only, can limited program like as other ESC.
However this might be for stock motor, in modified 1/12th should I buy with USB Link kit?

http://www.graupner.de/en/products/c...6/product.aspx

2. GM 75 needs for sensor mode use Sensor adaptor cable for Reedy/LRP-Motors?

http://www.graupner.de/en/products/c...8/product.aspx
Old 02-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
This is a good start HOW TO GUIDE
Thanks yzfandy it gives a base line but I still don't know what I should be doing to dial it to my driving style/motor/track. Is it a case of just changing one thing at a time and seeing what happens?
Cheers
Old 02-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Mutley
I'll try and give you bit of a guide. Most in stock class work from profile 8/9. 9 is pretty much the upper limits of the controller with regards to timing and power, but the is still more left. Also worth noting that if you do adjust a profile you will modify that profile. You can do a factory reset and get it back to standard if you mess up.
I tend to save a profile, say 9, then set the controller to something i wont use like profile 3. Then load your saved profile 9 and load it into 3. This way you will have two of the same profiles, one in slot 3 and the other in 9. This way you can modify setting in 3 and you always have 9 to go back to.

Once you get things such as your lipo voltage set and few other baseline preferences it really isn't a tricky as it first looks. On a meet to meet bases there are only a few things i change which i would say is only necessary for very fine tuning anyway. Main things you want to be looking at chaging are:-

Start amp- Basically controls power off the line after neutral throttle for a few seconds. You pretty much need two numbers for this, one for carpet one for tarmac. lower number lower power and great for finding traction off the line.

AMP limit. If you have too much punch lower it. If you find you are sluggish on the strait, increase. Very useful for finding corner exit speed. A kind of less power is more benefit.

Switching point rpm. Sets the rpm on when timing comes in. I like not to use this but some of my motors don't and rock on the line so have to use it. But is can also make the throttle more forgiving on slower sections if you use it and increase the number.

High speed timing. Have on
High speed timing from switch point controls if switching point rpm works or not.

Fixed timing. Your main timing control. I start with about 10 Degrees, find the motors sweet point on the gearing then add as much timing as i can until heat becomes and issue. You can set heat shut off point on the other software page so look up your motor suggestion on the HOW TO, set it to that and trust it. You can really push motors hard with this controller without trashing them. Just make sure the safety setting are correct for your motor and it has temp sensors built in.

Max timing. Set it to 1 above your timing. This is a start line feature and will give you a boost if you're starting at the beginning of a long straight.

Variable dependence timing. I always use this as it gives the throttle a very progressive feel. Basically it adds timing as you add the throttle. 1-2-3-4-5---100% throttle will give you 1-2-3-4-5---100% of your selected timing input. This also means you can gear a lot harder than with some other controllers as you're keeping the timing levels down and things cool until you need it for the straights.

That should give you something to play with for the weekend. Braking page can be tricky to get right but the brakes, or the way you can find braking grip with this controller is very impressive. Have a play with them and if you are still struggling get back to me.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
Hi Mutley
I'll try and give you bit of a guide. Most in stock class work from profile 8/9. 9 is pretty much the upper limits of the controller with regards to timing and power, but the is still more left. Also worth noting that if you do adjust a profile you will modify that profile. You can do a factory reset and get it back to standard if you mess up.
I tend to save a profile, say 9, then set the controller to something i wont use like profile 3. Then load your saved profile 9 and load it into 3. This way you will have two of the same profiles, one in slot 3 and the other in 9. This way you can modify setting in 3 and you always have 9 to go back to.

Once you get things such as your lipo voltage set and few other baseline preferences it really isn't a tricky as it first looks. On a meet to meet bases there are only a few things i change which i would say is only necessary for very fine tuning anyway. Main things you want to be looking at chaging are:-

Start amp- Basically controls power off the line after neutral throttle for a few seconds. You pretty much need two numbers for this, one for carpet one for tarmac. lower number lower power and great for finding traction off the line.

AMP limit. If you have too much punch lower it. If you find you are sluggish on the strait, increase. Very useful for finding corner exit speed. A kind of less power is more benefit.

Switching point rpm. Sets the rpm on when timing comes in. I like not to use this but some of my motors don't and rock on the line so have to use it. But is can also make the throttle more forgiving on slower sections if you use it and increase the number.

High speed timing. Have on
High speed timing from switch point controls if switching point rpm works or not.

Fixed timing. Your main timing control. I start with about 10 Degrees, find the motors sweet point on the gearing then add as much timing as i can until heat becomes and issue. You can set heat shut off point on the other software page so look up your motor suggestion on the HOW TO, set it to that and trust it. You can really push motors hard with this controller without trashing them. Just make sure the safety setting are correct for your motor and it has temp sensors built in.

Max timing. Set it to 1 above your timing. This is a start line feature and will give you a boost if you're starting at the beginning of a long straight.

Variable dependence timing. I always use this as it gives the throttle a very progressive feel. Basically it adds timing as you add the throttle. 1-2-3-4-5---100% throttle will give you 1-2-3-4-5---100% of your selected timing input. This also means you can gear a lot harder than with some other controllers as you're keeping the timing levels down and things cool until you need it for the straights.

That should give you something to play with for the weekend. Braking page can be tricky to get right but the brakes, or the way you can find braking grip with this controller is very impressive. Have a play with them and if you are still struggling get back to me.
Superb mate, thanks very much! Just what i needed!
I have my first meeting on Sunday with it and am looking forward to seeing if it's better than my Tekin
Thanks again

Paul
Old 02-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

YZFAndy nice work for the team.

Once you have time give us a help with your method to achieve the motors sweet spot on the gearing and the braking page.

Once again, great work.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

any advice please
I'm running gm75 13.1 firm wear and gm13.5(97303) motor 5.99 overall.
and using mode 7 on the esc.
quite like the feel of this mode but I'm getting slight cogging on the line.
I'm sure that the program wants a little tweek, what do I do? any help guys
Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Need a bit of gearing advice guys.

I'm gonna be running an 8T Delta sensorless this weekend hopefully. I would run it sensored but I'm convinced the sensor board on the motor is dodgy and haven't had time to get a new one yet.

The track is outdoor tarmac and is pretty massive, its used a lot for 1/5th scale. The main straight you can see is shared with a kart track.

http://www.wombwelllargescalechampio....uk/track.html

Not really got a clue where to gear for this track and motor combo, anyone have a good idea where to start?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Sensored is what we've tended to run for a while. However, I did test sensorless with an 8T quite a lot at the start of last summer. At Halifax and Cotswolds I ran in the 6.0 - 6.3 range and it seemed to work out quite well actually. This was with an old spec ESC, but I presume it would be ok with a new one.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattW
Sensored is what we've tended to run for a while. However, I did test sensorless with an 8T quite a lot at the start of last summer. At Halifax and Cotswolds I ran in the 6.0 - 6.3 range and it seemed to work out quite well actually. This was with an old spec ESC, but I presume it would be ok with a new one.

Cheers Matt, just the info I was looking for.

When I get a new sensor board I'll run it sensored with a mild bit of timing, I know it'll be a little faster that way.

Should still be rapid in this config though right? What kind of gearing would I be looking at for indoors, like Ardent? About 8ish?

How much timing might you guys run on a mod both indoors and out?

Sorry for al the questions, just interested in running a little mod with this motor and really have no idea where to start gearing the bugger with and without timing/sensors.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by housey
Need a bit of gearing advice guys.

I'm gonna be running an 8T Delta sensorless this weekend hopefully. I would run it sensored but I'm convinced the sensor board on the motor is dodgy and haven't had time to get a new one yet.

The track is outdoor tarmac and is pretty massive, its used a lot for 1/5th scale. The main straight you can see is shared with a kart track.

Not really got a clue where to gear for this track and motor combo, anyone have a good idea where to start?
Housey, you should look around page 133 in this thread.
My rain car is running an GM 8T Delta. The tips from Martin in this thread, gave the car similar speed as a 4.5t in normal sensored mode.
Which is fast enough for a rain car

J.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.