R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   XRay 12th scale??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/178331-xray-12th-scale.html)

WinnipegRacer 08-22-2007 08:48 PM

XRay 12th scale???

Any rumor, sightings, tidbits of information? With the IIC just a month away could an Xray have another release?

tcian 08-22-2007 09:30 PM

ive not seen any thing about it its not on there website:tire:

SlamMan 08-22-2007 10:28 PM

I predict it looks strikingly similar to the DB12R :eek:

RBLove 08-22-2007 10:39 PM

What I have heard is they are working on a 12th scale, but it has been put on hold or pushed back on the priority list. It will be interesting to see what they do. They seem to have quite a bit of money and an awesome test facility.

BSchorr 08-23-2007 12:37 AM

Ya, I would def wait for an xray 12th scale, would be nice.

_pilot_ 08-23-2007 12:46 AM

1/12

This question has been asked several times on the Xray forum (including by myself) and there was absolutely no response from either the team drivers or the heads at Xray. My experiance with Xray is they are quick to deny anything that is not being designed/tested and very tight lipped about things to come, so in my opinion, although not worth much, there is something in the works and hopefully it will be something completely revolutionary.

HappyHippo 08-23-2007 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by _pilot_ (Post 3607628)
This question has been asked several times on the Xray forum (including by myself) and there was absolutely no response from either the team drivers or the heads at Xray. My experiance with Xray is they are quick to deny anything that is not being designed/tested and very tight lipped about things to come, so in my opinion, although not worth much, there is something in the works and hopefully it will be something completely revolutionary.

Amen:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Marcos.J 08-23-2007 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by SlamMan (Post 3607396)
I predict it looks strikingly similar to the DB12R :eek:

from what i heard is not going to be a t plate car

Apex 08-23-2007 09:49 AM

It'll be interesting to see what they create especially if it's not going to be a T-Bar car. I think it'll be different than a DB12R which is basically like a GenX, but uses fiberglass instead of springs.

Don't stray far from the bar...

BigPapa 08-23-2007 11:52 AM

xray 12 scale

Originally Posted by WinnipegRacer (Post 3607103)
Any rumor, sightings, tidbits of information? With the IIC just a month away could an Xray have another release?

:eek: 12th scale, would be nice.:):)

ttso 08-23-2007 08:08 PM

Jason need to get DB12R L-plate design patented before been copied...

AdrianM 08-23-2007 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Apex (Post 3608641)
It'll be interesting to see what they create especially if it's not going to be a T-Bar car. I think it'll be different than a DB12R which is basically like a GenX, but uses fiberglass instead of springs.

Don't stray far from the bar...

Either you don't know a lot about 1/12th cars or you didnt look at the DB12R very closely. It is not at all like a Gen-X...not even close. The only similarity is that neither car uses a t-bar.

roadbeast 08-23-2007 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by AdrianM (Post 3610600)
Either you don't know a lot about 1/12th cars or you didnt look at the DB12R very closely. It is not at all like a Gen-X...not even close. The only similarity is that neither car uses a t-bar.

I disagree, the use of side bars in fiberglass is much like a link car (like the Gen X). The bars are acting as a combo link and torsion source.

I wouldn't be concerned about a patent, this is nothing new, there have been many cars in the past that have used this dual fiberglass bar design, I think Corally had one not long ago.

AdrianM 08-23-2007 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by roadbeast (Post 3610671)
I disagree, the use of side bars in fiberglass is much like a link car (like the Gen X). The bars are acting as a combo link and torsion source.

I wouldn't be concerned about a patent, this is nothing new, there have been many cars in the past that have used this dual fiberglass bar design, I think Corally had one not long ago.

I have been racing Pan cars for 20 years. Corally never had a fiber link car. Yokomo and Bolink had 1/10 Prototypes that had a U bar (like a T-bar but wrapped around a central battery). They however were solidly attached to the rear lower pod plate. This where the DB12R differs as it has pivot balls at the end of each link and in the center of the chassis. This is what has not been done before.

The DB12R has a MUCH more progressive side to side spring rate than any link car due to the flex links. This feature gives loads of STEERING without compromising rear traction and forward bite.

InspGadgt 08-24-2007 02:44 AM

The Yokomo actually made it to production in 1/10th scale...didn't know Bolink had a prototype like that...would love to see it.