Li-Awesome Vs. Li-sux

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Another 5000...

Comments?

My thoughts? Either Schumacher had a spy or not telling their cell source didn't help.

Lotsa 5000mAh packs coming out at the same time, hmmm.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A lipo with tamiya plugs...are they crazy?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Oh, I see MaxAmps has done their homework. Did they miss the part where the cells are taped to each half of the case, so puffing is MORE noticeable since the case will immediately split apart?

It's nice that they're trying to put the good foot forward, but maybe they could do it without making things up to cast their product in a more positive light. Then again, this is the company that encourages their customers to spam R/C message boards for free shirts.

I didnt know that. Here it is, I am arguing and taking heat for their packs and havent gotten as much as a t-shirt with an oil stain and a hole in it

The latest Caraction has a very nice write up on lipos!

Last edited by bxpitbull; 08-29-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

I want my free t shirt!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JevUK
I want my free t shirt!!
DITTO...Austin, have you been reading lately? Jevuk and I, me maybe more, have caught some serious flak for Maxamps. We want our t-shirts!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bxpitbull

DITTO...Austin, have you been reading lately? Jevuk and I, me maybe more, have caught some serious flak for Maxamps. We want our t-shirts!
Good, if you are wearing their T-shirt it will be easier to identify the target.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kuzo
Good, if you are wearing their T-shirt it will be easier to identify the target.
You know I live for the battle...in the words of Killzone Liberation..."Bring it on, ISA SCUM!"
Old 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MaxAmps said:
"We use a double layer of very thick pvc to cover our packs. It will hold up to pretty much any thing you would throw at it."

Sure. right. Besides, wouldn't the PVC hold heat in too?

MaxAmps said:
"However, I have flown an airplane with one of our packs into the ground at over 100mph and the pack bounced out and was fine."

I have flown A LOT of planes and at 100mph nothing is fine after it hit's the ground.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gezer2u
I have flown A LOT of planes and at 100mph nothing is fine after it hit's the ground.
Well, maybe the landing gear since it didn't get used?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HAHA! landing gear and wheels!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gezer2u
MaxAmps said:
"We use a double layer of very thick pvc to cover our packs. It will hold up to pretty much any thing you would throw at it."

Sure. right. Besides, wouldn't the PVC hold heat in too?

No. The wrap encased the cells, but it isnt a total enclosure, ergo, heat that does build, can escape.

MaxAmps said:
"However, I have flown an airplane with one of our packs into the ground at over 100mph and the pack bounced out and was fine."

I gave many instances where I have crashed doing at least 45mph or when my car got run over, not even the slightest puff from the cells. You know, if I was hating on Orion like this, you dudes would want to crucify me. Wait a minute, gezer, gramps, geriatrics, where the hell did you come from?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

You know, if I was hating on Orion like this, you dudes would want to crucify me.
Yeah but you might get a free shirt for your suffering. You'd look pretty smooth up on your cross in a Maxamps t-shirt.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kuzo
Yeah but you might get a free shirt for your suffering. You'd look pretty smooth up on your cross in a Maxamps t-shirt.
More like on the Soapbox. Notice no one is throwing daggers at the robotronic pack
Old 08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

More like on the Soapbox. Notice no one is throwing daggers at the robotronic pack
Throwing daggers at the pack might make it burst into flames and burn down the message board. And don't hate on the Tamiya plugs ...the Orions come with them also so they must be the best!

Disclaimer... I'm not an Orion hater just thought the Tamiya plug thing was comical.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I should have clarified my Shumacher comment. I was told by the Schumacher guy they were keeping their cell source secret in the announcement thread. I then told him I'll pass on their products until it's discovered and I approve. At this point, it's the same for all packs for me - the Robotronic appears to be another Schumacher imitator and I betcha their cells are unlabeled as well.

Maxamps was on my vocal list last week mostly due to that about us page. Remember most of our talking was about Chinese cells anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.