Wiki Posts
Search

Good websites to buy ESC.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb Good websites to buy ESC.

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knew of any companys that you can order online for some good prices on esc.

mainly novak ones.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2001, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've been happy with Stormer... http://www.stormerhobbies.com

Trips
Old 10-26-2001, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

how much are u looking to spend on an esc Go to Horizon Hobbies and try a GM or LRP
Old 10-26-2001, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Stormer has good prices, but their website just plain sucks!
Old 10-26-2001, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

im looking for a tc2 and know thay are around the 120$ mark but was just wondring if there were any places that were cheaper.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

$120 for a TC2 is pretty good, most of the places I've seen have them for $140. Corally Guy do you really need that many smilies?
Old 10-27-2001, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default hobby places to buy from....

these places have pretty good deals, you will just have to check them out for yourself. towerhobbies,stommerhobbies,ehobbies,speedtechrc,o mnimodels
forget horizonhobbies. their prices are to expensive.about 20-50 dollers over everyone else. but i would check out ebay also, i just bought a lrp quantium competition esc. with the worlds kit included for 160.00 . brand new .....
Old 12-04-2001, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Speedo,

Stormer has good prices, but their website just plain sucks!
What needs to be improved? In what way?

Thanks,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-04-2001 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2001, 11:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Stormer hobby site

Well, Bob...its better then Tower

I was there recently, at your site. The only complaint that I would have is that a link to a product or brand just brings up a search...so its just a list. If you didnt know what you needed that it might be hard. Other then that...more pictures..its nice to have picturs of what you are buying.
Old 12-04-2001, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

A link to a product or brand doesn't bring up a search, it brings up everything in the line, top to bottom, on one easy page.

Hit 'Novak' on the first page and you get Novak. I don't know that we could improve that any.

I would say if anything, it's not intuitive, you generally do need to know what you are looking for. If you mis-spell something it won't come up, that kind of thing.

For example, T-maxx won't bring up everything that fits the T-maxx, only things with 'T-maxx' in the description.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Old 12-05-2001, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default reply to stormer hobbies

the only thig i see a problem with is not every thing has a picture of the product and it would be nice if they did c.o.d. orders for people that don't have a credit card, cause i would rather buy from them than my local hobby shop.our hobby shop sucks they are more worried about action figures and trains and planes ect.,rc car dept. gets put on the back burner. but i guess what should you expect from a hobby town......... so rock on stormer i 'll support ya.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Carpet,

I agree, it would be nice if everything had a picture. But do you really need a picture of associated 30wt shock oil to know what it is? Or a bag of (12) blue 4-40 aluminum nylock nuts?

We, as did others in the industry, used to be a lot more liberal with our COD policy. Courtesy of unblievable abuse, we don't offer it to new customers any more. On the phone, once you've ordered from us successfully, you can order C.O.D. from then on. We don't have the programming ability to make those judgement calls on our website... yet.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Old 12-05-2001, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default reply

i agree on the small stuff but the major stuff thats $$$$, and i can see your point on the cod with people not paying. or being home when its delivered.i work in retail ,so i know where you comming from. but, i was just woundering...
Old 12-05-2001, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Carpet,

If you would like to try and place a COD order with us, just mention to the phone staff that you talked to me on this web forum and I said it was fine.

So you are aware though, all COD orders are for money orders only, UPS won't take cash or personal checks for us.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Old 12-05-2001, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hiya Bob,

IT's great to see you on the forums here.

To anyone thinking about doing business with Stormer Hobbies, all I can say is that I've had nothing but complete satisfaction dealing with Stormer. The folks there are GREAT.

Trips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.