Wiki Posts
Search

Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I don't make enough on these tires to even care if I ever sell them again.
I'm glad you feel that way because I don't make enough money to buy JACO rubbers every time I race.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jack has just taken me on as a Jaco team driver in the last couple of months even though I am on the other side of the world in New Zealand.
In my first run in 12th scale with the new Prism tires I won the New Zealand championships.
So I have nothing but good things to say about Jaco.
Jack has been nothing but helpful from the moment we started talking. So I am sure that if he says that they are working on the couple of small issues with the rubber tires, they are. I am sure the tires/ rims will be corrected as soon as is humanly possible.
And now I am really looking forward to trying the Rubber tires when I have some rubber tire races coming up later in the year.

Darren Johnston
Jaco
BMI
Express
Harris RC
Old 02-29-2008, 03:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tires

Just be glad we jaco to run ! an let jack work this out. ps: We could have went back to proline S3s LOL
Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for all the comments- both good and bad. Our biggest hurdle with the rubber tires right now is that WE DO NOT MAKE THEM. The fact is, we probably will never make every component that goes into them. We do, however, have the opportunity to make the wheel and insert and do the mounting and glueing in-house. When we do this, it will solve the wheel breakage issues and should limit the glue problems.
I don't want props for coming on here and talking. I just want our customers to know we are on it. I think more manufacturers should be up front about what they sell. I have done this with the foams and Danny has done this with the batteries. We may get brutalized, but in the end, it is better to be honest about your product than to deny there is a problem.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iceman76
Yes im going to bye 5 gallons i think that will do the jobyes Felix wants me to come with him to finish the season Cyclone Attack
Brian,

Like I told you before: the only real way to deal with this bad tire situation for now is just to run the tires, but make sure we re-glue them and hope for the best. Remember MDI traction is very high and is in no way a real gage on the tires...Coral Springs, or Superior will be a much better testing ground, and I guarantee that we wont experience such severe tire ripping and rim cracking/desintegration...I'm sure it will happen to at least a tire or two for everyone, though and we should act as if every tire will become unglued; thats why its best to just re-glue them with CA in precaution. We just gottan ride out the storm....it sucks, but at least we're all having the same poor tire conditions, and its something we all have to be dealing with.

I've been lucky with the one pair of practice tires I got a few weeks back, which actually lasted 8 runs before becoming unglued- I should've reglued them.

At the state series last week , the set i bought did get me one tire unglued- I didnt glue them, and MDIs traction being so strong it does put the tires thru much more than a regular asphalt track. For the Main, I remembered to re-glue them, and I ended the race without them coming unglued. The rubber was ripped, but at least not unglued

We just gotta deal with this problem...

Is it serius? Hell yeah...but Tim and Mike and FSEARA have spoken to Jaco about this and they are aware of the bad quality of their tires, and are working on making sure they have a much better product out soon.

We're stuck and this is the crap we have now, but being able to hang out with all these cool guys from all over FLA and learning from them, meeting and sharing info with shop owners and pro level racers, and racing, makes it all worthwhile (even though it sucks to have to pay $28 for a bad set of tires per state race)

Hopefully things will get fixed ASAP. I know Shawn Palmer/Schumacher USA is soon to release their new spec tire, and we know how good they're gonna be...so, either way, top quality racing tires we're used to will be available soon
Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the comments- both good and bad. Our biggest hurdle with the rubber tires right now is that WE DO NOT MAKE THEM. The fact is, we probably will never make every component that goes into them. We do, however, have the opportunity to make the wheel and insert and do the mounting and glueing in-house. When we do this, it will solve the wheel breakage issues and should limit the glue problems.
I don't want props for coming on here and talking. I just want our customers to know we are on it. I think more manufacturers should be up front about what they sell. I have done this with the foams and Danny has done this with the batteries. We may get brutalized, but in the end, it is better to be honest about your product than to deny there is a problem.
Thanks Jack...its awesome you have taken responsibility and taking hard action to resolve the issue ASAP. I'm sure the next run of tires will be much better, and we'll all benefit from this and it will only improve the overall quality and service and sales and enjoyment of the hobby.

Any time tables as to when will testing begin with the new blues and by when they should be available to us?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seems to me that there is a middle ground here somewhere.

Yes, Jaco has acknowledged the problems, owned them, and are working on them. Thats all well and good but...

It doesn't automatically moot the fact that the problems exist and people are still paying good money for a product thats flawed.

Its a reallly tough situation because while people seem to love spec tire racing, it comes at a cost. The natural thing to do if your unhappy with a product, is to shut up and buy another product. But all the people here who bash the complainers need to realize that this isn't an option in modern day rubber tire racing. If your club only allows one spec tire, and you honestly feel that tire isn't worth your hard earned $35-$40, what are you supposed to do quit???

Right now, R/C seems to be in crisis mode over this tire stuff. Everything from Take Offs to Tamiya tires are becoming nearly impossible to find. And if whats left on the market is either not up to standard, or not allowed by clubs, R/C is going to be in even more trouble than it already is.

So far, I've only gone through one set of the Jaco rubber tires. I'm about middle of the road satisfaction wise. Re-gluing pre-glued tires is annoying, and having one tire out of four over heat and groove for no apparent reason, is really annoying. But overall, the tires work so I haven't had much reason to complain...except for them still being on dish wheels.

But others have not been satisfied, or even middle of the road satisfied. And saying that they should keep quiet and just keep buying a admittedly flawed product until its improved is kinda screwed up. And if the spec tire rules stay the same, thats exactly what tracks and event organizers are telling people to do.

I'm no big fan of spec tire racing, but if thats what the hobby is going to do, the sanctioning bodies, companies, tracks and event organizers are obligated to make sure racers have a good product, or the option to run something else.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just hope Jaco starts making some money on the tires so they have more incentive than a promise to keep selling them. :-)

I don't think anybody would expect you guys to make every aspect of the tire. Assembling them yourself, and making your own rim and insert could be a really good start, though.

With the surge in popularity of rubber tire racing, and the potential to become a "monopoly" since everybody runs spec rubber, it seems like this would be a great opportunity if the profits are there. I bet handing out rubbers to sponsored drivers is more costly, though.

I wonder what would happen if an R/C company tried sponsoring nobody, and instead kept their prices lower since they didn't have to offset all the discounted/free stuff they gave away. Hmm...
Old 02-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I bet handing out rubbers to sponsored drivers is more costly, though.

Cheaper then the baby! Oh wait... tires. Sorry.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

You must keep in mind that not everyone is having issues with the tires. Read some of the posts. Perhaps we need to be running orange tires on these abrasive tracks instead of blues. This is something we are considering.

We had the same problems with our tires at the Coliseum in Maryland when we first introduced them. We absolutely shredded them on Barry Baker's car, but not on Ray's car. That tells me they are setup-critical. Now, everyone has adjusted the cars for the added traction these tires give and they are working well. I think everyone needs to know that you can't throw a CS27 setup on these tires and expect them to work. Paul Lemieux told me that they are more sensitive to setup than the CS or RP tires, but reward you with faster laps when you get them dialed in. I know this doesn't matter if everyone is running the same tire, but he confirms what we found out in Maryland.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just want my Prismed wheeled rubber tires!

After that, as long as they don't completely fall apart when I'm running them, I'll be satisfied!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I just want my Prismed wheeled rubber tires!

After that, as long as they don't completely fall apart when I'm running them, I'll be satisfied!
Here in Florida we are in a very strenius situation, since we're in our Florida State Series racing Season, which will last thru mid summer...almost 40-50 drivers per event, who must use Jaco blues...its a very competitive and reputable series, with many good pro drivers, and most of them are having these tires issues on our outdoor asphalt tracks.

Thank G-d we have exellent Series directors and members who are taking action and working closely with Jaco to quickly resolve the issue...it will get solved and in the mean time we'll have to adapt and practice with other tires(at least in my case, if the jacos keep failing)
Old 02-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Paul Lemieux told me that they are more sensitive to setup than the CS or RP tires, but reward you with faster laps when you get them dialed in.
Hi Jack, what about testing them in asphalt tracks? Send a few orange tires to Tim Potter and he'll let you know how they hold up...if they can handle the super traction at MDI, they'll work well on any asphalt track
Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My only comment is get over it. The guy is working on it. As for the CS27's it ain't going to happen! So get some glue and quit whinning about the problem.
Since no of you were around when we first started Controlled tires you don't know how good we have it now- regardless.Every has to deal with the same problem!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
My only comment is get over it. The guy is working on it. As for the CS27's it ain't going to happen! So get some glue and quit whinning about the problem.
Since no of you were around when we first started Controlled tires you don't know how good we have it now- regardless.Every has to deal with the same problem!
Yep...we have no other option. But things will be interesting when SchumacherUSA releases their new tires in a couple weeks- I know some will be buying them at least for practice & club racing untill the Jaco's get fixed. Better times will be coming for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.