Wiki Posts
Search

Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Have you contacted the manufacturer of the C-hub or upright to complain? Better yet, did you get on their thread and tell them their stuff is crap like some people do on here? I didn't think so.
haha thats great But then again I would expect a c-hub or steering knuckle to break, whereas...i dunno i might be the only one...but I don't expect my wheels to break
Old 03-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can say that I didnt have any major problems with the Jaco tires when I ran them last summer.... I cracked one wheel (a very small crack) from a MASSIVE hit that would have either warped or cracked any other wheel. So in my mind the jaco stuff was just fine for me.

The only gripe I had is the tires wore out a little fast because it was probbaly too hot outside for the blue compound. Other than that, they were awesome!

-Korey
Old 03-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Corally and Losi both definitely heard about it from me when their arms broke too easily. Both acknowledged and fixed the problem. Well, Losi did. Corally's "new" arms still seem to break more easily than most others. Maybe that's by design, something has to give.

Nothing is indestructible, but there seems to be an expectation from the masses on a certain degree of durability. If a part regularly fails to meet that expectation, arbitrary as it may be, people start talking about it.

It's also important to consider that the track itself can expose durability issues, which can lead to some people experiencing it, while others don't. Consider, as an example, the insanely long axles on the Type-R, that could catch and rip the suspension off the car, depending your boards and other track-specific factors.

Again, this isn't intended to be about Jaco, but just an observation about R/C in general.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Jack..You have a PM...
Old 03-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are we going to see the new tires and rims before the Florida State Series is over so we can get some races on them so we do not have this problem next year
Old 03-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I like to see how the Jaco Blues hold up to a abrasive track (Daytona )
Old 03-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iceman76
Are we going to see the new tires and rims before the Florida State Series is over so we can get some races on them so we do not have this problem next year
Chris Tostolini ran 1 set for all 3 rounds on Sat. and 2 rounds on Sunday. That was in MOD. He went to a new set for the last run.

TJ Bradley ran 1 set for all of Sat. and 1 round on Sunday. He also went with a new set for the A-main. (10.5 ).
Old 03-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
People have the right to express their concerns when it comes to not getting what they payed for (weather the vendor agrees or not). There is an old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease)...so get out the lube gun. (sounds like they are). Anyway...sitting back and "dealing with it" at the consumer level just means more of the same.

Just because everyone deals with it doesn't make it OK. If everyone had to rewind their new motor, or re-lube they're new bearings, or re-solder their new ESC would that be OK? By comparison there is little difference IMO.
The old saying says grease.......

The new saying says Sh*tcanned !!

(This has nothing to do with the tyre issue here...)(just a dumb 2c)

jacko
Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
The old saying says grease.......
The new saying says Sh*tcanned !!
(This has nothing to do with the tyre issue here...)(just a dumb 2c)
jacko
Sad but true....the big difference between now and then, is the item today in small print says....
Made in China.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well...in our case-Japan.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
My only comment is get over it. The guy is working on it. As for the CS27's it ain't going to happen! So get some glue and quit whinning about the problem.
Since no of you were around when we first started Controlled tires you don't know how good we have it now- regardless.Every has to deal with the same problem!
I'm all for the dealing with it because we have to, but as for the second part of your comment...

How could you possibly know who was around when controlled tires started??? To make a comment that, on a thread with over 140 post and over 5,000 views, is just asking to be wrong.

From someone who WAS infact around back then, I say whoopty doo... We have control tires now... Am I supposed to believe that has somehow made R/C some magical better place that would collaspe if we all went back to gluing our own tires and using our own wheels and inserts? What point were you trying to make exactly???

I race electric TC (controlled tires), TCS mini (semi-controlled tires), and Nitro TC (no controlled tires) and neither of the classes are made easier or harder because of controlled tires.

So again, your point about being around before controlled tires was???

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-12-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Both my front wheels cracked right where the rim mounts to the hex hub...after 4 runs on carpet, jaco Greens. This is such $hit
Old 03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tmunno
Chris Tostolini ran 1 set for all 3 rounds on Sat. and 2 rounds on Sunday. That was in MOD. He went to a new set for the last run.

TJ Bradley ran 1 set for all of Sat. and 1 round on Sunday. He also went with a new set for the A-main. (10.5 ).
New rims?

Using pro drivers for durability testing is an epic fail.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

You are absolutely right. It's a good thing we didn't do that.
Standard wheel. Handout tire.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
You are absolutely right. It's a good thing we didn't do that.
Standard wheel. Handout tire.
It's good to hear you know that, 'cause you're the one that matters. There's a bunch of people that are quick to say "look, this pro that never hits anything didn't have any trouble, you must suck!"

I eagerly await the new rims. These SpeedMind/Sorex premounts are getting hard to find!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.