Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

nice ride! good choice.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default side note

just a side note
when messing with the car/speedo.
either prop the car up off the wheels or just take the pinion off the motor that way the car doesn't become a runaway. Might break something or mess the car up.

I would think most of us has had the runaway car scenario happen a few times.

Hopefully that is the cause of the problem...i'm sure it's something easy.
try using the one-touch setup for the GTB...it's the easiest way to place it back to default settings.. it's very easy per instructions and place all the settings on the transmitter back to default or base.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default start up motor run

Hello, I have an FK05 with a novak brushless system, I have a problem when turning on the car the motor turns for about 2 seconds and stops. Is there a way to program this out on the esc? I have a spektrum 3.0.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When reading the instructions it says to have the power wires on the esc to be pointed away from other electronics and to have the rcv and antena as far away from the esc as possible as it emits RF noise when throttle is applied, I'm not sure how well you can see it in my pictures but the antena at least is basically right next to the ESC, could this be causing my runaway problem, if you can't see the picture well enough let me know I'll take a better one.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsl6v8
When reading the instructions it says to have the power wires on the esc to be pointed away from other electronics and to have the rcv and antena as far away from the esc as possible as it emits RF noise when throttle is applied, I'm not sure how well you can see it in my pictures but the antena at least is basically right next to the ESC, could this be causing my runaway problem, if you can't see the picture well enough let me know I'll take a better one.
Ironically, all ESC manufacturers will say that, as will chassis and transmitter mfgs. However, when chassis are designed, mfgs pay very little attention to how people are going to adhere to the basic rules for keeping things from glitching. If it is truly a glitching problem, work on routing the power wires away from the reciever, and keep the servo wires (all the small wires going to and from the receiver, servo, and esc (electronic speed controller) away from the big power lines. If this don't work, maybe new crystals are in order (they do go bad).
Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Ok I set or reset or whatever the transmitter to the gtb and its not doing some of the crazy shit it was, won't know if its really fixed till I get out there on the track, I looked at the manual and jazz on the GTB but I didn't see anywhere on there where it mentioned its programability, I know its set as brushless like it is suppose to be as, well the motor is running, but I just wanted to read up on all that jazz, next thing I need to find is how to set the endpoint on this damn thing so I can cut it WAY down.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Alright I have my "runaway" problem mostly fixed, doesn't do it much although sometimes when turning around near one of my neighbors houses the motor torques up for a split second, nothing enough to make me crash or anything but it odd, I wondered at first if maybe its something in his house, he works for some aerospace company down here in orlando can't think of the name for the light of me right now, other than that the only problem is I can't handle the speed and the car pulls slightly to the right and I haven't figured out how to fix alignment yet. For all those hobby shop owners who told me that electric batterys never last long and that I'd get more run time out of a gas powered car. I was out there playing around for well over half an hour maybe as much as an hour, my transmitter batterys gave out before my car's battery did and its a NIMH and none to new by the looks of it. Granted I wasn't flying at to speed but still, I was happy. AS I said I'm not unleashing the beast inside my car yet, but rather got him on a tight leash if I had to guess I've maybe pushed around 30ish mph judging by the cars that every once in a while roll down the street. I just need to find a setup sheet and start tweaking the car now.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

You may be onto something, you may be getting glitches due to the freq your on maybe change crystals! For the pushing right, if you have alot of torque to the rear, your going to almost always have a push one way or the other especially coming off a corner. The front end being so lite. Maybe get some 1/4 ounce weights on the front. Have u checked your shock fluid?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I noticed the shock springs are green. A deep purple will give you a stiifer shock set up, also try moving your shocks to the outer posts. This will give your car a little more stability. Does it have sway bars?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

the colors of the shocks mean something?? I kinda thought it was purely aestetic, umm I'm going to say no on the sway bars as I have no idea what they are :-). By moving the shocks to the outer post I'm guessing you mean adjust that top part of the shock more to the outside? Besides give the car more stability what else does it do?, every positive has a negative. The car doesn't seem unstable it just seems to pull to the right a bit even at slow speeds, so I'm not so sure its torque steering I think its something to do with the alignment. I need to check the shock fluid, probably need to change it the car had a lot of dust on it when I got it, but the shocks seem pretty springy.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

From your pics, I dont see sway bars. The color of the shock springs denotes the "strength" of stiffness of the springs. You can look on the manufacturers website to see what the color codes for that car are. The shock fluids also affect that as well as what shock pistons you use. All of those can effect the way the car handles. I am new to TC so I couldnt tell you how... But it does..
Good Luck!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

lol sounds like you have the same problem I have, in all the research I've done I have yet to see anything that says chaging this will effect this and this and this is how. I mean how am I suppose to know what to change if I don't know what changing it will do? I've looked up some set-up sheets and a lot of them use soft springs but I don't have the slightest clue why you would need soft spring on asphalt.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well I am an off roader who just bought a TC cause a local track just threw down a new surface, and it looks fun! My knowledge base is with rc cars that jump... As far as TC, I could imagine soft springs absorb bumps better and keep the tires on the surface which means more traction... I could be wrong?
I will have to play with my car and see...
Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

btw, good lookin car, I expect that its hella fast with a 5.5 system in it!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well you could run a softer spring with a higher weight of shock fluid. The set up I have right now, and this is on a tight course mind you. I run a purple shock spring in the rear, and a blue spring up front. I have 40 weight shock fluid, with the shocks adjusted at the 4 hole spot. My car handles nicely in the corner, and this is the only set up I could find to keep my azz from getting loose. A softer spring will allow more roll, and a sloppy feeling in the corner. I have an xray shock kit if you'd like I could post the color codes for you. Hey I'm new to this sport to and I'm just trying to weigh in on what little I know. I did the same thing with buying a used xray. So hope this can help a little. The sway bar will help with cornering, and also straightaway speed. The thicker the bar the better your car will track when at full speed. But you will loosen up your front end cornering ability. With a smaller bar your cornering grip will increase, but your car will have less stability in the straights. I hope i explained this right if not someone chime in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.