Originally Posted by Bluey_74
ok guys, i have afew questions about the '08 im hoping some of You xray diehards can help me with:
1, the 08 no longer includes the multi front diff, correct?
2,can the gear off the front spool be retrofitted to a 007 multidiff?
3, is anyone using a 008 at IIC?
4, are the bearing in the kits any good? Im from Australia, and i hear conflicting stories regarding the quality of the kit bearings.
5, Is the car still sensitive to diff tension?
6,In your opinion, what are the best & most necissary mods for the x ray cars in general.
from a yokomo die hard, (dying slowly)
Seeing as no-one has bothered to answer, I'll do the best with what I know.
1. Correct no multi diff is included with eiter variant, but will be available as an option
2. No. Spool provided with EU chassis is "sort of" a one piece design. Download the instructions and you'll see what I mean.
3. I'd say most likely that the team drivers will have them.
4. I don't know but having to oil the bearings (as per the instructions) is going to slow down the build somewhat.
5. I had problems when I think I had mine on the loose side.
6. None that I'd call neccessary. Battery strap is a convenience thing. Motor guard provides a basic level of protection to the motor. Alloy hubs are just more accurate than the plastic ones. Alloy nuckles just transfer impact energy into the front arms. Graphite upper bumper holder makes the front end a lot stiffer.
New car comes with sway bars and there are three new thickness bars for each end so you can adjust them in 0.1mm increments.
Looks like with the T2'008 there are plastic spacers on the arms where previously they were alloy. That's one thing I'll be changing on mine, given my experience with plastic spacers off road.