Originally posted by Anthony Yuen
Why does it cause a problem ??
The reason it causes a problem is because electricity and magnitizm go hand in hand. You cannot have one without the other.
When electicity flows through a conductor a magnetic field is created surronding the conductor. The oppisite is also true; when a conductor is passed through a magnetic field a current is induced in the conductor. Theese are some of the basic principals that make motors work.
Having your reciever or speedo too close to the batteries or wires will cause the magnetic field arround them to interfere with its opperation.