Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO foam sedan tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ass Toot
Did you TQ and/or win? Stacking the field by giving tires to at least 70% of all mod sedan entries isn't impressive.

Not the new wheel, as I asked about. How about the rest of the 19 turn field? Didn't see you mention that as you proudly did in mod.

Did you TQ and/or win? How about the rest of the stock field? Didn't see you mention that as you proudly did in mod.

Not the new sedan wheel, as I asked about.
Ass Toot- Do you have an axe to grind or are you just baiting me? Our competitors gave out as many tires as we did. Why is it more "impressive" giving tires to stock guys than mod guys? You obviously feel we have somehow "failed" by not winning stock or mod. We won 3 out of 5 foam classes. The majority of A-main drivers ran our tires. The hobby shop sold huge amounts of our product. We are selling every Prism tire we can make. Customer and dealer feedback is incredibly positive. Go ahead and keep telling yourself that is not a good thing.

Last edited by Jack Rimer; 10-08-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by seaball
mr. toot - jacos were sold 10:1, but another tire got 8 of the top 10 spots in stock sedan, and 7/10 in 19t and TQ/WINS in stock and mod foam. not sure who was buying all of the jacos up, but it wasn't the guys in the sedan mains.

- bill jordan -
Years of getting trounced by our tires evidently has led to much pent up frustration.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Ass Toot- Do you have an axe to grind or are you just baiting me? Our competitors gave out as many tires as we did. Why is it more "impressive" giving tires to stock guys than mod guys? You obviously feel we have somehow "failed" by not winning stock or mod. We won 3 out of 4 foam classes. The majority of A-main drivers ran our tires. The hobby shop sold huge amounts of our product. We are selling every Prism tire we can make. Customer and dealer feedback is incredibly positive. Go ahead and keep telling yourself that is not a good thing.
Just trying to get a straight answer when it pertains to the NEW SEDAN WHEEL. I don't care about 1/12, the old 2-stage design, how many the shop sold, or the feedback. You seem to be using all that to divert attention away from the question that I asked.

Ask a straight question, and get a verbose reply with a bunch of irrelevant information. There might be a government job in your future.

From the numbers I've seen posted, it looks like the majority of foam sedan A-Main drivers were on something other than the new Prism wheel. Another brand TQ'd & won Stock and Mod, and the old design TQ'd & won 19 Turn.

Prism sedan wheel at the IIC = 0 TQs, 0 wins, fewer in the foam
sedan A-Mains.

However, if the tables were turned, I'm sure we all would've seen a post in here reporting their dominance on Sunday night, Sept 30th. Correct?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Look....congrats go out to Parma for winning stock and mod TC. We get props for winning 19 turn TC and both 1/12 classes. It's all good.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

I don't care about what tire wins or tq just send me a few if your giving it away I will try and win a race or two with it like the new tire Jack.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not sure what all the hub bub is all about, but did my first run on the Prisms this weekend, and they worked great. And looked just as good as they worked. No mo dish wheels!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Darkseid
No mo dish wheels!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

JACO is the only tire
Old 10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James35
Well fellas,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the JACO 1/12th Prisms flex too much for 1/12th oval. The outer 5 spoke area is fine, but the inner portion of the wheel flexes too much. To my surprise, I discovered that the bottom of the kingpin touches the wheel under compression. The kingpin had worn a groove into the wheel. To confirm this yourself, put a 0.20" spring in, using your thumb, push the tire up, the wheel flexes and the kingpin touches the wheel. (This does not happen with the other 38mm competing manufacturer wheels.)

The Prisms work fine for the other 3 wheels, but currently, I can't use them on the right front (at least when it comes to oval, I have not tested for road course).
It may not be the wheel flexing...I know they do flex a little but if you have your RF shimmed for a 38mm wheel then you may need to add one more shim as the Prizm front's are 37mm. The rears are 38mm. That could be the difference and why they are rubbing.

Just a thought
EA
Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's a good thought, but it's not a shimming issue. Compare side by side to a competing 38mm wheel. Give them a squeeze and notice the difference. The Prisms flex the most. It might be ok for road course, but when running 2.0 degrees camber for oval, the inside of the wheel flexes too much. (I'm running 13.5 brushless speeds.) I estimate it's flexing 2-3mm!
It cut a groove into the inside of the wheel, split the color dot in half. I'm not going to add shims to the the top of the kingpin which would not only compress the spring but lose travel.

Last edited by James35; 10-08-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would like to know when wannabe's and never will be's that troll all these diferent rc brands of equipment going to figure out that 99% of a-main drivers racing in major events are not winning because of the tire or the car or the motor or the batteries but maybe just maybe it might be the driver's ability.

Let's take Toso for example he won Roar nats with a Serpent 710 and turn around a few weeks later and won Worlds with a Kyosho.

Most all these drivers could race a shoe box and win.

It boils down to who gives and pays what the driver the most bottom line.

I am not saying this to bad mouth JACO because I think that Jack makes the best sedan tires on the market I am saying that all you rctech trolls think that they have to go out any by the a-main winning car from a big event put that drivers setup on it and win yourself. Well it really doesn't work that way.

Now can we go back to asking Jack questions about his tire that he sells
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default buying what winners buy

The old adage is: win on sunday, sell on monday. This is very true in r/c. Like everything else, buy what you want and run what you want.

These subjective arguments about what is the best tire based on who won with what is like a football fan buying a team jersey and thinking they could go onto the field and play in the pros. Good luck.

Although I have to admit, Jack Rimer is one of the only r/c company owners who trades the sh*t with the r/c racers, even when he really doesn't need to or should be.

Last edited by billjacobs; 10-09-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

You guys are right. The best driver usually wins.
The last couple years we put the emphasis on racing and winning to show our 2-stage tire was a legitimate product. While we won most of the races, we realized the average guy buying tires would run wraps at a big race, but didn't care if he had them at the local level. I decided that we needed to address what the average racer wanted in our product and focus on that. While the Prism tires are still more than competitive for racing, they have attributes that everyone can appreciate. Lower price, stylish wheel, durable rim, wide choice of compounds, light weight, trued to a smaller diameter, and they are made in the USA.
The tire market is extremely competitive these days. Foreign competition is difficult to combat. We feel it is the little things that will set our product apart from the others. If anyone has any suggestions on how we can improve our line, I would love to hear them.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
You guys are right. The best driver usually wins.
The last couple years we put the emphasis on racing and winning to show our 2-stage tire was a legitimate product. While we won most of the races, we realized the average guy buying tires would run wraps at a big race, but didn't care if he had them at the local level. I decided that we needed to address what the average racer wanted in our product and focus on that. While the Prism tires are still more than competitive for racing, they have attributes that everyone can appreciate. Lower price, stylish wheel, durable rim, wide choice of compounds, light weight, trued to a smaller diameter, and they are made in the USA.
The tire market is extremely competitive these days. Foreign competition is difficult to combat. We feel it is the little things that will set our product apart from the others. If anyone has any suggestions on how we can improve our line, I would love to hear them.
Suggestions... is it possible to manufacture a tire that is 90-95% of the performance of an "A" main tire to use in club races, and have it be maybe $7.99 to $9.99 a pair instead of $17.50 for a pair ? I mean is it possible to even make a fair profit this way ?

I know nobody likes to erode price points with everything getting more expensive like labor and energy, but ... a lot of club guys have mediocre setup at best, cone tires when they hit stuff and get camber off, break wheels, chunk tires, etc. Many of them don't have truers although we have one at the track sometimes it's hard to get time to use it. Race-thickness foam on a tough rim at a cheap price with good performance for club races, I would think, would sell well. I thought of this on Saturday when I found some older version tires for less than half price and I'm thinking this is a good way to go for most people most of the time. I wish we had a "legitimate" racing tire at half price for the masses, something to run at least until they are contending for an A, B, or C main finish at a big race.

I can also understand if you only want to position your product to the high end mostly. Sometimes people get the wrong idea on your quality when you have both a "Cadillac" and a "Cavalier" version of products.

By the way thanks for answering my earlier post. Sounds like you are saying I can get 90%+ of the way there with DPi (maybe DPiO front) and a different tire choice would only be used if I couldn't get my setup "just right" for a given track. So a club racer stock and/or 19T who occasionally travels could get away with just DPi and DPiO tires in his bag, then if needed at a big event, if he needed something different, just pick it up there.

I also appreciate your explanations of foam tires, construction, etc. it helps me understand much better how all this works and understand why certain setups and tire combinations work better.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

James35

Are you running long front springs ?? The only time i ever get close to the rim when racing is when i try to run 1/10th scale springs for more travel in my 1/12th scale car.. I would be suprised if it was due to the flex of the wheel.. When we use regular 1/12th scale springs .18-.20 on the front in vegas we did not see any of this nor have i seen anything like that so far.....

Maybe there is the reason vs the flex... This is my opinion..

Mike Blackstock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.