New JACO foam sedan tires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO foam sedan tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

The only reason we say this is because we get back wheels that obviously were used extensively on the track before "breaking". You should see some of the wheels we get back....wheels with paint on the rim from rubbing/bashing the wall with a letter stating "I didn't hit a thing, they just broke!" Hmmmm.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Is this type of breakage reflect a wheel Jaco would warranty? The tire is 2.150". The CF look has mostly all flaked off due to the break. I realize Jaco has a business to support, and I'm not looking to cheat them out of anything. I'd just like to know if I should save my time and postage, or if I have a legitimate warranty claim. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails New JACO foam sedan tires-pic-0108.jpg   New JACO foam sedan tires-pic-0109.jpg  
Old 11-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Is this type of breakage reflect a wheel Jaco would warranty? The tire is 2.150". The CF look has mostly all flaked off due to the break. I realize Jaco has a business to support, and I'm not looking to cheat them out of anything. I'd just like to know if I should save my time and postage, or if I have a legitimate warranty claim. Thanks!
What kind of hit did you take for that to happen ?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by THeGame
What kind of hit did you take for that to happen ?
I honestly don't know. We are running 4 cell 17.5, so its not all that fast. I hit the boards here and there, but nothing spectacular. I am not even sure when it happened. I went to prep my car for race day and while checking my bearings I couldn't figure out why the wheel was wobbly. I haven't broken anything on the car, and I finished all the aces I have started with it. I prolly was racing with it and didn't know. lol
Old 11-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The cf will flake off anyways. Hit it once with a compressor and most will flake off.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

I have hit my fair share of stuff on the track. To do that to the rim it must have been a nice hit or something. I have yet to have any problems with the Jaco rims or foam…
Old 11-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm thinking about mixing up my tire setup.

I bought a Good-USED TC5 to replace my Xrays and the car came with alot of GRP tires. Enough tires that I didn't need to rush a order from Stormer for Jaco's. Personal I just like Jaco for my Sedan and 1:12, but after running oval all sumer I don't want another tire box! I had a tire box with 6 air tight containers and any given weeked I was lugging 60+ tires to the track to fine tune my Oval Car.

Would Double Pink/ Orange all around work for a car setup? This is just for local club racing and I wanted to reduce my tire inventory to just one compound that is unversial for front and back so I can maximize the use of USED tires.

My logic was that I understand that the Orange outer ring will increase the side bite a little and reduce chunking, and the Double Pink Inner will still give me the forward grip I need. I know all one compound setups work like Magentas, or all the same Rubber compound, but I didn't know if anyone had experience with using dual compounds all around.

On my oval car, I use Dual compounds all the time for the rear and the corner speed seems to improve and I have less issues of the tire failing at the outter edge.

Any thoughts? Am I crazy?

I'll let every know how my experiement worked in two weeks. I am taking next weekend off to go Deer Hunting
Old 11-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

JoelV is very correct in what he says Andrew, regardless of what THeGame says. Hit those suckers with a fairly good amount of compressed air, and it flakes off. No big deal, but it is unsightly.........
Old 11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

ya, Ive seen it happening on the rears. I just mentioned it flaking off since these were a new set and I wanted it to be clear they weren't even old enough to have begun flaking off before I noticed they were craked. Kinda reminds me of the time I had to finish a body with Krylon. First time the body flexed, all the paint flaked off. So y'all think I should send in the wheel for warranty?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailranger
I'm thinking about mixing up my tire setup.

I bought a Good-USED TC5 to replace my Xrays and the car came with alot of GRP tires. Enough tires that I didn't need to rush a order from Stormer for Jaco's. Personal I just like Jaco for my Sedan and 1:12, but after running oval all sumer I don't want another tire box! I had a tire box with 6 air tight containers and any given weeked I was lugging 60+ tires to the track to fine tune my Oval Car.

Would Double Pink/ Orange all around work for a car setup? This is just for local club racing and I wanted to reduce my tire inventory to just one compound that is unversial for front and back so I can maximize the use of USED tires.

My logic was that I understand that the Orange outer ring will increase the side bite a little and reduce chunking, and the Double Pink Inner will still give me the forward grip I need. I know all one compound setups work like Magentas, or all the same Rubber compound, but I didn't know if anyone had experience with using dual compounds all around.

On my oval car, I use Dual compounds all the time for the rear and the corner speed seems to improve and I have less issues of the tire failing at the outter edge.

Any thoughts? Am I crazy?

I'll let every know how my experiement worked in two weeks. I am taking next weekend off to go Deer Hunting
Its much more common to use rear single compound tires all around in TC vs that way, I've mistakenly put the wrong tires on the back and the car just spun out, is it possible to come up with a setup that works, maybe but you'll be alone in that hunt If you want to simply your tires run rubber if your track has a class, you'll only ever need 2 sets and they will probably last you a month each.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Its much more common to use rear single compound tires all around in TC vs that way, I've mistakenly put the wrong tires on the back and the car just spun out, is it possible to come up with a setup that works, maybe but you'll be alone in that hunt If you want to simply your tires run rubber if your track has a class, you'll only ever need 2 sets and they will probably last you a month each.
Don't say "Rubber" Too loud, I may be put back on race probation:Foam only.

I suppose I would have to change my setup, but that will just make me learn a little more about my car and how to tune it. My car is already a little pushy so maybe I'll get lucky and be OK. If I had more than 30 min of drive time on my TC5 I am sure I could have a more nutral setup. In oval racing, dual compounds works for me so I thought I would give it a shot in Sedan. The only difference is that pan cars are soild axles, and sedans have camber gain.

I read that firmer foam gave more side bite, but less forward grip. Softer more forward grip, but less side bite.

The theory was based on sidewall compromise. Too soft and the flex is so great the contact patch is distorted and lifted and foam edge is rolling onto itself reducing grip of chunking a tire. Just right on the firmness and the rubber will still grip unloaded and when the sidewall compromises a little the grip is increased. Too firm and, DUH NO grip from the rubber and no sidewall compromise so NO additional sidebite grip can be gained.

Last weekend was the money race, $$$ , so I take it easy for a few weeks and experiement.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

From what I've tried it is true about the sidewall stiffness, I was lent a set of parma corals to try when the magentas I had been running were "flippy" and the car did lose tendency to traction roll but still had grip. I don't like that the super soft compounds don't last though so I started running either DP/O or cyan fronts. Another option is to run Lilac or purples all around, you can tune the front with CA'ng the sidewalls if you have a bit to much bite and should have good wear.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Jaco tires are by far the best and also excellent customer service