Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new to the sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new to the sport

hi i have looked at this sport/hobby alot i once got a free R/C car from my dads work and i loved it. i was too young to really get into it but now i can see how they are fun. anyways me and a friend want to get some on street racers and use them to race and have fun with.We wont really be going to real races with them. We want to get ones that are decent but cheap. We also kinda of are leaning towards not buying ready to race because we think we wanna build them because it would be more fun. What is a good not rtr street car that is custimizable afterwards as well.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Tamiya TA05,
Tamiya makes the finest electric car kits in the world. the instructions are very good, the parts fit perfectly. the bodies are very detailed and there are plenty of hop ups.

this car handles and is very fast, it will keep up and beat many of the other high priced cars.

I have a TA05R it is stock except for the sway bars. no need for any hop ups other than for looks.

Xray makes a good car also, but parts aren't as readily available everywhere.
Associate TC5 is good also but cost more. From my experience with Asoociated and Losi Cars their parts do not fit together perfectly and have to be grinded or drilled to fit.

Check with your local hobby shop to see what they stock, this should hellp when you need parts or want hop ups.

I used to work at a hobby shop and always recommended Tamiya electric cars for the first purchase. their customer service is second to none, you can order directly from tamiya and get parts within a couple of days.

have fun and have a great time with what ever you purchase.

Wayne
Old 08-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It depends on what your local hobby shop carries and supports. I have no problem getting x-ray parts. Any of the entry level cars will work for you. There are tons of them, pick the one that you can get parts for easily and that you like.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

i would recommend a losi xxx-s
Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I would recommend the Hot Bodies Cyclone S. It comes RTR and is a great car to learn on. Also all the parts from the other Cyclone cars (ie. Black, Hara and, WCE) fit with no modifications to the Hot Bodies Cyclone S so you are capable to hopup as necessary.

But like was said earlier, go with what your hobby shop can get parts for.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I would recommend the Hot Bodies Cyclone S. It comes RTR and is a great car to learn on. Also all the parts from the other Cyclone cars (ie. Black, Hara and, WCE) fit with no modifications to the Hot Bodies Cyclone S so you are capable to hopup as necessary.

But like was said earlier, go with what your hobby shop can get parts for.
He said non rtr

But theres a non rtr cyclone s, an has all the upgradability to make it a moore speed, or hara etc
Old 08-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

anyone have any links for some good online store that have these ones you are suggesting?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cyproz
anyone have any links for some good online store that have these ones you are suggesting?
This is the Cyclone S I was talking about
Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

im sure youll find great on-line places to make your purchase , but i would recomend seeking out your local hobby shops , find several , and see what customer support they provide , they can be alot of help after the sale , ray
Old 08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

this is my shop wats a good one on here i like that price of 170-180 that black gave me
Old 08-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

sry forgot the link lol

http://h1072056.hobbyshopnow.com/
Old 08-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

cyproz, my guess is that you don't have an interest in buying a car, because you have the same post in the off road forum, only for an offroad car.
My bet is you have an affilliate account, and you want people to click on your link and hopefully purchase something, so you can make money.
-
am i wrong??
Old 08-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

no lol i do want a car honest i just wanted to see which cars off road and on road and compare them to decide which i liked more off or on. i dont care where i buy it and you can put any shops link on it, im interested in a car
Old 08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

http://h1072056.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...?prod=HBS66405

Same car, but at ur shop.....I think thats what u asked to do lol