Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Is Tamiya Volac MS a excellent ESC for racing? >

Is Tamiya Volac MS a excellent ESC for racing?

Is Tamiya Volac MS a excellent ESC for racing?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Is Tamiya Volac MS a excellent ESC for racing?

Is Tamiya Volac MS a good ESC??? I am planning on buying one for my 05MS and will run it with 23t and/or 19t motor... What are its advantages and disadvantages??? Hope to hear from you guys soon about it... or any site that you would recommend that gives full details about it...

here is a picture of it...
http://shop.go2best.com/images/TamiyaMS%20esc.jpg
Old 07-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
Is Tamiya Volac MS a good ESC??? I am planning on buying one for my 05MS and will run it with 23t and/or 19t motor... What are its advantages and disadvantages??? Hope to hear from you guys soon about it... or any site that you would recommend that gives full details about it...

here is a picture of it...
http://shop.go2best.com/images/TamiyaMS%20esc.jpg
It's basically a Tamiya branded Ko Propo VFS ESC and the same also with Hara Twister 2.1 ESC.

Check out the Ko Propo link: http://http://www.shopatron.com/prod...052.1057.0.0.0

I currently have both ESC (Hara Twister 2.1 & Tamiya Volac MS). My Tamiya Volac is still new in the box waiting to be installed when I get a new kit in the near future.

The ESC is a good purchase. One of the best in the RC industry. Alot of factory drivers used it when everybody was still running brushed motors.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe the Volac MS is the same as the KO Propo VFS-1 Pro and the Hara Twister 2.0.
The Hara Twister 2.1 is the VFS-1 Pro Competition (no temp-cut-off, carbon case).

Xanavi, it is a very good Esc (I have a VFS-1 Pro) . It is on the pictures on my TA05 Xenon chassis....
Old 07-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Yes its a great brushed ESC. I am using one right now on my evo V. Make sure you buy the computer cable for it though. That unlocks the other 80% of customability of the ESC.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys for the inputs... but which of the esc branded more better??? the tamiya version, ko propo, hara version or the vfs1 ???
Old 08-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the inputs... but which of the esc branded more better??? the tamiya version, ko propo, hara version or the vfs1 ???
which color do you like the most?? if you don't like any of those, you can also pick the Yokomo MMS (yellow or green) .

they're all the same. only the case and brand changes, all produced by KO Propo.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rampal
which color do you like the most?? if you don't like any of those, you can also pick the Yokomo MMS (yellow or green) .

they're all the same. only the case and brand changes, all produced by KO Propo.
oh I see... hahaha...

Unfortunately, the LHS where I usually buy (Tamiya Shop) doesn't have the Volac MS... Sigh

But will not stop there, will still keep looking for one... hhahah...
Old 08-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Bear in mind that the Tamiya Volac ESC was never updated, unlike the Hara Twister and a couple of the other KO based speedos.

Although the original version is a very good ESC the updated versions made some useful improvements.

I would advise you seek out a KO VFS-1 Competition 2 or a Hara Twister 2.2 as these are the latest version speedos. I'm not sure whether any of the other KO-based speedos (eg Yokomo/Corally) received the latest updates or not. Tamiya Volac may well be sold out and second hand only by now.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sosidge
Bear in mind that the Tamiya Volac ESC was never updated, unlike the Hara Twister and a couple of the other KO based speedos.

Although the original version is a very good ESC the updated versions made some useful improvements.

I would advise you seek out a KO VFS-1 Competition 2 or a Hara Twister 2.2 as these are the latest version speedos. I'm not sure whether any of the other KO-based speedos (eg Yokomo/Corally) received the latest updates or not. Tamiya Volac may well be sold out and second hand only by now.
oh is that so..??? hmmm... okay then, will find one of the items that you're suggesting here in my country...
Old 08-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hardware wise the Volac is the VFS-1.
I run the Hara Twister and the Corelly MMS3 and there is no difference in the hardware. where the difference is - is in the factory set-up(software).
the SW provided in the Volac is "tamiya/satoshi" directed towards the Transpeed MS.

If you ar planning to install new SW to fit your need/choise, it doenst matter which version of the VFS-1 you choose..........except for the "color"
Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

oh is that so..??? hmmm... okay then, will find one of the items that you're suggesting here in my country...
Xanavi: action hobbies has the hara 2.2 and selling it i think at around 9K or 10K; with the VFS try calling Pitshop or Dogbone Hobbies