R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Processing and Responce Times

I was wanting to know if you can take an older radio like the Ko Propo Mars which has been probaly on the market from the late 90's and install a Spectrum Pro series to bring the Mars up to current radio processing speeds.

Is the Tx module the CPU processor or the brains of the controller or is there more processing going on inside the controller?

I've always liked the older Ko Propo Mars radios and was just wondering with installing the Spectrum Pro series will it bring it up to speed with todays other modern radios proceesing and responce times.

Many Thanks......

Last edited by RED-LINE M03; 07-30-2007 at 01:30 PM.
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
Is the Tx module the CPU processor or the brains of the controller or is there more processing going on inside the controller?
As far as I can tell, the Tx module is only the transmitting part. The CPU(brain) is actually in the pistol grip controller and not in the module. Also putting a Faster Spektrum system on the Mars- R is not a problem, just that the lateincey response will be a tad bit slow, but hardly noticeable.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Assuming your Mars is FM or PCM adding a spectrum will actually DECREASE response time. You will have the benefit of no frequency conflicts and such but being used to that you may not be happy with the slight lag the Spektrum will have. I use an older Futaba 3PJ PCM/FM radio and if I use somebody's Spektrum radio the lag is noticeable to me - but no to them.

Really, ,the processing speed of the functions of the radio - such as expo, rates, etc, etc - are built in. The other factor of processing speed is in the Spektrum module and that has no relationship to the radios functions with regard to speed.
QuickRC is offline   Reply With Quote