Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are rc cars like cell phones??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default are rc cars like cell phones??

I have been out of the scene for two years now and was wondering if my team losi xxx-s graphite is already out dated?? It was pretty cool back then until xray started dominating. am I gonna get owned now?? thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Electric touring has new releases every year, probably but as bad as cellphones can be but it does mean that you XX-S is now pretty old-skool.

Will you get owned? Well, suffice to say that even my old Motorola and Sony phones from the late 90's, early noughties still make a call just as well as anything new onto the market...
Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

No they aren't the same. Some places give you a free cell phone if you use sign up for two years. A R/C cost quite a bit and you pay to use it plus I don't know people willing to give away a free R/C Car to everyone.

Older cars are still competitive, but some are bad designs that don't work well and don't last on the market. The newer cars are getting easier to work on. That is about the major differance.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

and not everyone in the western world has an RC car like they do a mobile phone!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

At times the older cars can be a bit more fun. The newer cars at times have so many more tuning options and can become so much more work than ever before and that at times can take the fun out of it. JMHO
Old 07-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

the most important thing , just get back out there and race , ray
Old 07-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Worse. Atleast my cell has mobile to mobile minutes....lol
Old 07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

You can be that guy who gets better reception on his gigantic brick old school cell phone than the other guys with the 400 dollar skinny flip phones

Except in RC terms...win with your old TC
Old 07-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I believe they are like cell phones. People don't get rid of their cell phones because they're better, but because they need to beat the Jones'. Same goes for R/C. There are touring cars that came out ten years ago that can still do pretty well at local tracks, however you don't see many people running them because everyone thinks they need the latest stuff to be competitive. I already hear people on various forums talking about how they need to get rid of their TC4 factory team cars for an Xray. Why? Not because it'll really make then any faster, but because they just won a big race and now it's hip to have one.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

No, RC is not like cell phones... I change cell phones faster than tc chassis....

and if I needed to spend the same time wrenching/setting up a cell phone that I spent on RC, that cell phone would certainly work much faster!!!!