Search

gtbss versus sphere tc spec?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
hmmm,

the lrp is smaller footprint? novak Footprint 1.16” x 1.49” (29.5 x 37.8 mm) lrp 33.1mm x 37.6mm x 32mm
the lrp does not require the fan? the new Tc has it mounted already
the lrp does not have the bundle of wires? the new TC has both the fans and the cap pre-installed.

the lrp not smooth? it is the smoothest of the 2 companies speedos. it is used more int 1/12 then the gbt. this is dues to the smoothness of the speedo. it does not unsettle a 1/12 car though the corners and coming out.

I will give you this, novak has a better customer support procedure
There is one KEY word that you use with relative frequency....NEW. Look at LRP like a "hot minute" ago and the complaint many people had, it was wiring, GTB is bigger and you by LRP's own admission at the time, "it doesnt need a fan" where the GTB, when it first came out, didnt have a fan and thermalled like it was part of its throttle settings.

I didnt say LRP's wasnt smooth, I said that it wasnt the TRUE reason people select it. If smoothness were the sole qualifiying reason to run a speed control, I would still be running a Cyclone2. And for the record, having used both, the GTB IN MY OPINION is smoother. You may have proven the NEWER LRP's are a tad larger (hurray for Charlotte). But, at least we are in agreeance that LRP really needs to work on their customer service. I called Charlie (from Novak) at his house, he answered the phone to help me....at 2 o'clock in the morning.....SYKES. But, Novak has way better customer service hands down
Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I own both the new gtb ss and the lrp tc. I have run both in quals at a big race. The only diff I can tell is that the LRP alowws you to tune your punch with diff settings..otherwise they both ran the same temp and felt the same, with lrp set at near linear.. You could swap them in my car and I would not know..

Buy the one you can get easy and maybe you have friends that run...

I don't like the novak as purple doesn't fit in a tamiya but that is a DUMB reason lol
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
There is one KEY word that you use with relative frequency....NEW. Look at LRP like a "hot minute" ago and the complaint many people had, it was wiring, GTB is bigger and you by LRP's own admission at the time, "it doesnt need a fan" where the GTB, when it first came out, didnt have a fan and thermalled like it was part of its throttle settings.

I didnt say LRP's wasnt smooth, I said that it wasnt the TRUE reason people select it. If smoothness were the sole qualifiying reason to run a speed control, I would still be running a Cyclone2. And for the record, having used both, the GTB IN MY OPINION is smoother. You may have proven the NEWER LRP's are a tad larger (hurray for Charlotte). But, at least we are in agreeance that LRP really needs to work on their customer service. I called Charlie (from Novak) at his house, he answered the phone to help me....at 2 o'clock in the morning.....SYKES. But, Novak has way better customer service hands down
look at the thread title. GTB SS vs. LRP TC
Old 07-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Company Representative

If he was asking about the GTB Spread Spectrum version, it was unclear.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

He wasnt clear initially, so DUH.

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
If he was asking about the GTB Spread Spectrum version, it was unclear.
Thank you. And the GTB original is BETTER than the LRP TC, AZZ, SPC or any other acronym they devise.