Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rally

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I had to search to find this thread, but glad to see others are interested in RC rallying. I don't have many places to run here in Manhattan but I just finished up this Tamiya TB01 - Lancer Evo 6 and wanted to share it with everyone. If anyone else is in the NYC area and into rc rally, speak up! Would love to meet up for a time trial or two.

-Charles
Attached Thumbnails Rally-dsc_000599.jpg   Rally-dsc_000899.jpg   Rally-dsc_000199.jpg  
Old 04-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chazza
I had to search to find this thread, but glad to see others are interested in RC rallying. I don't have many places to run here in Manhattan but I just finished up this Tamiya TB01 - Lancer Evo 6 and wanted to share it with everyone. If anyone else is in the NYC area and into rc rally, speak up! Would love to meet up for a time trial or two.

-Charles
Hi - Nice car. Where did you get the people with the steering wheel? Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by studysession
Hi - Nice car. Where did you get the people with the steering wheel? Thanks
it came together with the TB-01 rally kit..

Chazza...
nice rally car that TB-01..
my 9 years old TB-01 still running strong
but now got to retire it coz DF03RA is my new rally chasis
yet i still love the TB-01 rally coz of the inner cover and the driver figure
more scale look i must say
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mr LowDown
it came together with the TB-01 rally kit..

Chazza...
nice rally car that TB-01..
my 9 years old TB-01 still running strong
but now got to retire it coz DF03RA is my new rally chasis
yet i still love the TB-01 rally coz of the inner cover and the driver figure
more scale look i must say
Love it, very durable. Got pics of the DF?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody here got experience with the Tamiya DF-01 for rally ? found a good price at my LHS. TIA

Last edited by freeway; 05-04-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freeway
anybody here got experience with the Tamiya DF-01 for rally ? found a good price at my LHS. TIA

Not sure what you need to know. They're a good sturdy chassis in the tradition of rally cars from Tamiya, probably a bit more solid than some of the old ones like TA01-02, not sure how it compares with TB cars, but a lot of fun. Make sure you check if you want to use lipos in it because it is a bit difficult to find something that'll fit. One mod I would recommend is front uni joints. If you want to splash the cash, rears can't go amiss but are not that necessary.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by niznai
Not sure what you need to know. They're a good sturdy chassis in the tradition of rally cars from Tamiya, probably a bit more solid than some of the old ones like TA01-02, not sure how it compares with TB cars, but a lot of fun. Make sure you check if you want to use lipos in it because it is a bit difficult to find something that'll fit. One mod I would recommend is front uni joints. If you want to splash the cash, rears can't go amiss but are not that necessary.
thanks for the reply, will it be possible to run this with brushed 27T mod or brushless ? as for battery i could maybe sacrifice with nimh if my stick pack wont fit. the kit i was looking at has the cayene body on it and from looking at pics on the web and the package i dont know if i could fit 1/10 TC bodies on it like the evo or subie rally versions. TIA
Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Stick packs are what the car is made for hence it will easily take lipo "stick" packs.

About motors I guess you could use whatever you want, but remmeber the driveshaft layout and plnty of gears make for serious drag so you are opening a can of worms. The more powerful (read torquey) the motor the more you stress the transmission. The more speedy the motor the mroe you stres the motor. I woudl suggest try a 23 turn (Tamiya dirt tuned or similar) and see how you feel about it. You might find you have more speed than you can control.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

-Charles
I'm in NYC also and have a DF03ra. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by niznai
Stick packs are what the car is made for hence it will easily take lipo "stick" packs.

About motors I guess you could use whatever you want, but remmeber the driveshaft layout and plnty of gears make for serious drag so you are opening a can of worms. The more powerful (read torquey) the motor the more you stress the transmission. The more speedy the motor the mroe you stres the motor. I woudl suggest try a 23 turn (Tamiya dirt tuned or similar) and see how you feel about it. You might find you have more speed than you can control.
thanks for the info, went back to the LHS and looked over the DF-01 kit, it would need major hop-ups to get it close to the DF-03RA 2008 specs so i just ordered the new DF-03RA kit. gonna keep you guys posted on the build when i get my hands on it.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Rookie

wow! another tb01 in NYC! lol... I have a semi-retired tb01 that i've run here in Prospect Park brooklyn the last few years. I'm usually on the baseball diamonds. I like the idea of a time trail! I also run a brushless Durga. pretty quick.

-Charles