Wiki Posts
Search

HPI SUX

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You sure your speedy wasnt overheating.

If its the kit im thinking of did you attach the heatsink to the speedy with the rubber seal like the instructions say?

OH Looks like you resolved the problem with HPI anyway.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Honestly, call HPI and speak to Andrew, he is the cusotmer service manager that helped me when I couldn't find any CVD;s (MIP had a delay on the cvd's getting to them) and they were sold out everywhere. HPI is good and I would call them because they are very helpful.

Everyone on this thread can give you opinions and information that is NOT helpful. Your best bet would be to call them and figure out what is wrong. If something in the kit is faulty, I am sure that they will replace it.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Write out a detailed letter explaining exactly what you did. And send the whole thing back to HPI.
without the WTF parts if possible

We sometimes see problems with RTR cars. It happens, shouldnt but does (errr looong confusing sentence....)

Please do not bash companies before making sure that, you are absolutely and positively sure that the product you bought is worthless and a design disaster that shouldnt have been even drawn let alone produced. Then yes you can go ahead and just bash their heads. This is where that is done.

But I have used HPI parts from the first day the company started making parts for the Tamiya cars. that is before HPI was the HPI you know today (and if you are less than 14 then you were still a protein). I have the original RS4 in the original form (with the 3 gear rear end) and it can still give hell to the new cars out there today.

Now If you made it through the history and an old man's lecturing speech without yawning and cursing me then you definately have potential

So the first mistake you did is buy your first car from mail order. First cars should be bought from hobbyshops that,if possible, have a track and the spare parts.

Second, I dont know the situatio n there but, this is personal opinion, cars should be driven with their fron window looking forward not to the sides, thats y the front of a cars is called the front.... I think you would have been better off with a car that can actually go straight so you can learn to drive. Though I hate drifting and I find it totally utterly and disgustingly useless waste of resources, it still requires alot of skill. Which you will gain after you learn to drive forward did that make sense... I hope so.

So call HPI talk to them and they will help you in any way they can I am sure. Then find a hobbyshop with a track so you can have access to help quickly.

New comers are always welcomed here and if you ever need help dont hesitate to write but be prepared to be lectured and watch those who will steal your thread

have fun and welcome to the unpredictable world of RC racing....
Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

XRS,

Just a little advice. Starting a thread that is "brand X sucks" isn't really a good way to get service from a manufacturer. If you want real help with a problem start a thread about the problem that you're having and there are plenty of people here to help.

Fact is, ALL products have some defects from the factory. If you're unlucky enough to get one of the few bad ones all you can do is contact the manufacturer and work it out. Normally, a hobby shop is a big help here.

Saying that some thing sucks is just plain picking a fight (and rude). It would be the same thing if I started a thread titled "XRS SUCKS!" instead of this post.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He has already got his problem fixed, already said he is cool with HPI, and seems to have learned his lessons about RC.

In other words, let this thread die.

(yeah, I commented, but it was already main page )