Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica >

1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica

1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica

Old 10-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

umm that rear end design is the same one hpi used when they made pan cars like umm 6 years ago.

changing the side springs sux HARD, but other than that, its a NICE rear end setup !!!
Old 10-31-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think he just got it because it looks uber cool

-Korey
Old 10-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The optional Spring kit for yokomo`s 1/10 pan car will work... Let me see if I can come up with a Part #
-Dave
The yrx-2000 used side shocks, at least thats what the manual says. The side springs would actually be for a hpi SF1, but the ones from the Hammer 12 look like they'd fit. Anybody know what the internal diameter of the hammer 12 side springs is?(approx 1.1cm?).

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

like i said in my previous post hpi used that suspension on all of their pan cars in the mid to late 90's.

the SF1 is one of those cars, but so are any of the roadstars.

iirc the diameters is the same as hpi full size springs. i seem to remember being able to cut full size springs down and use them in there.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rear side springs

I was wondering if anyone still reads this thread? Anyway if they do. I recently purchased the AH12. I have yet to run it . I was wondering if anyone had any setup tips for carpet that has good traction?

Also I did some major searching to find these part #'s for the side springs

HPI
A085 Roll Spring 1.1mm
A086 Roll Spring 1.3mm
A087 Roll spring 1.4mm

Can anyone tell me where I can buy these? Or does anyone on here have any they would like to sell?
Old 11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well I got to drive this car (so now I am going to make a purchase) and I must say the car had a little push but felt very stable and flat in the corners and also was fast.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was that on carpet and do have any set up info on that car at all that you could pass along I am still in the process of getting my car together and need all the info I can get thanks
Old 11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well the car I drove was setup by somebody else but I can tell you a little bit about the setup. It was raced on carpet and I believe it was 7 degrees caster (he was experimenting for the first time with a different front end), #20 front springs with green slime on the king pins, 1 degree of camber, red center spring, don't know what weight of shock oil (felt like 30 or 40 wt) in the center shock, stock side springs (don't know what all was in the kit for springs besides to tell yah they were black), not sure what was on the dampening discs (felt like 100wt oil on them), ride height was 4 mm front and back, chasssis sat flat with the rear pod, when picking up the car had maybe 1mm of lift in the rear pod (droop), front tires (purple) were .20 inch smaller than the rears (grey) and the servo was flat on the chassis. To make the car steer more when i get it, first thin I will do is to reduce the castor and probably go to an even smaller tire in the front as compared to the rear (like maybe .40 inch difference). Sorry it isn't much but like I said it was somebody elses car. I will have a better setup after this next weekend after I get the car.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info. I just needed some sort of base to go off of. I have always run a knife before so this is new for me in a way. I know that everyone has different things that they like in there setup. But i think that there was some things that I could use. I hope to have mine on the track by Wednesday. So hopefully I will have some tips as well!
Old 11-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool keep me informed. I would be intersted in hearing your thoughts and setups as well! Hopefully I will be getting the car tomorrow and i will be able to tell you the full setup. But like I said I would go with about 5 degrees of castor and a smaller front tire. Good Luck and keep me posted!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

here's what I have tried so far.

High bite carpet and high bite indoor asphalt.

Front end: Trinity reflex( it fit, so I had to try it)
Caster: 4 degrees
Camber: 1.5 degrees
Toe: .5 out
Springs: .020
Ride Height: 4mm
Tires: Jaco Purple cut to 1.65"
Green slime on kingpin

Rear
Axle: Irs large ring
Ride Height: 4mm
Tires: Jaco Grey cut to 1.85"

Center
Shock: Irs silva with 40wt losi oil
Spring(shock): Associated red
Side springs: Kit Stock
Dampener Plate lube: Corally Blue(hard)
Set the car with about 1.5mm of droop when lifted
Car is flat at ride height.

Electronics:
Lrp Quantum Comp, Noval XXL, KO 949 servo.

I really liked how the car handled, but there was a little more push than I usually like. It required too much off throttle cornering. This can be fixed by slight adjustments, and will be fixed by next run. Overall it wasn't too far off where my Quad12 and L4 are right now and I have wrenched on the other cars a lot more.

More to come.

Tim
Old 11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Tim anymore developments with the car? I drove my car this weekend and had so much steering that the car was insane to drive! Never the less I loved this car!
Old 12-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have been wanting to get this conversion. And after reading this whole thread i am convinced. What parts do you actually need that break? Besides the front end sinceyou can use the AE parts.

Jon
Old 12-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JDXray
I have been wanting to get this conversion. And after reading this whole thread i am convinced. What parts do you actually need that break? Besides the front end sinceyou can use the AE parts.

Jon
There is really no extra parts that you need. I am convinced this car will not break. After running this car for the last month and some of the wreaks I have had I am convinced this car is unbreakable!!

One thing that i would need some help on is the rear end breaking traction. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? It's not that car feels loose more than it feels that the front has to much grip. Like I have to much wieght transfer to the front of the car when I enter the turn. Anyone else with some ideas would be great.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by huskerfreak
There is really no extra parts that you need. I am convinced this car will not break. After running this car for the last month and some of the wreaks I have had I am convinced this car is unbreakable!!

One thing that i would need some help on is the rear end breaking traction. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? It's not that car feels loose more than it feels that the front has to much grip. Like I have to much wieght transfer to the front of the car when I enter the turn. Anyone else with some ideas would be great.
Thanks for reply, very convincing now, lol

The traction problem might be from the tweak. I might be wrong.

Jon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.