Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP PLEASE CARS SPINNING

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default HELP PLEASE CARS SPINNING

I need some help please. I am running a TRF415 with a komondo 19 turn, rubber tires, 4mm droop on front, 3mm droop on the rear, 1.5 degrees camer on the front and 1 degree camber on the rear (have tried 2 on front and 1.5 on rear), ride height is 5mm at front and 5.5mm out the rear. My problem is when I drive through the corner it is fine, but a I come out of the corner a start to accelerate the car does a 360, this happens on about 4 corners of our track. I have reduced the punch on my controller and it still does it, does anyone have a answer?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tighten your Diff?

Have you made sure that your diff(s) are tightened the way they are supposed to be? I ran into the same problem a couple of years ago when my rear diff was too loose. I could accelerate fine in a straight, but would spin out in every turn. Just a thought...
Old 07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

yeap check that
Old 07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 16skyline
yeap check that
have you check your front cvd's? you might be running on rear wheel drive only
Old 07-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi you can do alot of things ,more droop in the front ,a softer spring in the rear,lift the front ride hight or lower the rear,move the wing on your body back.i had a 415 do the same thing i put the ride hight to 6 in front 5 in the rear and it fixed it.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would check all wheel bearings and the CVD's as Marcos mentioned.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you are running a front one way diff, make sure you don't have it in the wrong way. Having it in the wrong way = 360s out of corners. Check the manual for the proper orientation of the diff.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Burlap
If you are running a front one way diff, make sure you don't have it in the wrong way. Having it in the wrong way = 360s out of corners. Check the manual for the proper orientation of the diff.

Running a diff in the front
Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I would check all wheel bearings and the CVD's as Marcos mentioned.

that would be my guess
Old 07-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Did your car always do this or did it just start? You say it does it in four corners of the track. Does it happen when you turn left, right, or both? I could be wrong but it sounds like a bad outer bead on one or both of your rear tires. Pull on your tires and see if the rubber is loose. That's the first thing I would check.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Chassis tweek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by convikt
that would be my guess
Sounds like something is tweeked. Shocks, chassis,hinge pins bent,etc, etc.etc. Make sure nothing is binding, or keeping the suspension from moving properly.
Did you check for chassis tweek. Take off the tires and see if the chassis lays nice and flat without rocking back and forth or side to side. Then, take off the shocks and see if the arms go up and down freely, check if sway bars are not hanging up, when you lift one are the other one should lift up slightly and equally on both sides. Are the shock end pieces that mount on the ball cups bent or out of round, they should rotate or pivot nice and smooth,again no binding.
If all this is fine then, I'm at a loss!
Good luck finding the problem!
Hey, working on the car is half the fun!
Right?
Old 07-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

This happen to me on three different times. 1st time it was the diff not adjusted correctly. The 2nd time, i was running lipo and the it was not balance. The three time, I found out I was going into the turn too fast and the car had too much roll coming out. It would turn fine going in, but the roll of the car would cause the rear to break lose. So, I change to a heavier spring in the back...and it was fine. Not sure this is the proper way to do it, but it worked.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would guess the suspension is too stiff, especially in the rear... this happened to me last last week only, having problems with it when exiting the corner, tried making it softer and wala, the spinning is gone... and the suspension angle too would be the problem...

just my 2 cents...
Old 07-21-2007, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Check all the bearings and Diff!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Have you just replaced anything? Servo or servo saver?

I checked a new kids car out the other day. It was real wicked turning right mid corner and off. I checked it out and he had the servo saver about 10 teeth off. So he was hardly traveling to the left and over traveling a mile to the right. We got it dialed back in and got his end points much closer to center and the car drove much better. I hate to throw a "does it have gas in it?" solution at you, but this is what I've seen in the last week or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.