Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGBOT
Will the new DB12R share any of the same parts as the DB10R?
I was looking at getting a new 1/12th scale and also a car for WORLD GT to race next year and it would be a plus for me if some of the parts were the same.
THe 1/10th and 1/12th will still share alot of the same parts such as the flex plates, pivot balls, pivot ball housings, center pivot,ball studs, front end(minus the lower front arms. The 1/10th comes with AE lower arms) battery locator plate,bearings,and so on. There are a few parts that arer 1/10th or 1/12th specific but they are not common breaking parts.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey just a quick question.

I have both the one pc top mount and cross brace and the 2 pc with out the cross brace . the part that connects the damper tube and the on top the the flex plates. Is there a deifference in performance in either of the two.

And jason thanks for the help, almost got into the A here. ( really freaking hard lots of good crc driver in my club.) but hit a board hard and broke my battery and an L flex plate.

well tomorrow is another day and look out.

Just another question what is the benifits of either laydown servo or angled. have the servo flat right now.

the car keep going faster and faster. can't wait to get the new products and go to brushless soon, maybe after the new year.

cheers
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Tires

What is the typical tire compound set-up F/R that people are using today. I haven't run 12th for a number of years.

Our carpet is low to medium traction on a good day.

Do people prefer the Jacos or the CRC Pro cuts?

Thanks Greg G
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cyrrus
hey just a quick question.

I have both the one pc top mount and cross brace and the 2 pc with out the cross brace . the part that connects the damper tube and the on top the the flex plates. Is there a deifference in performance in either of the two.

And jason thanks for the help, almost got into the A here. ( really freaking hard lots of good crc driver in my club.) but hit a board hard and broke my battery and an L flex plate.

well tomorrow is another day and look out.

Just another question what is the benifits of either laydown servo or angled. have the servo flat right now.

the car keep going faster and faster. can't wait to get the new products and go to brushless soon, maybe after the new year.

cheers

The one piece crossbrace doesnt effect handling so much as it does keep the chassis from flexing when using heavy damper tube lube.

Running the servo flat is good for carpet racing. You will have a slight bit of bump toe in. THis will mellow the car out going into a corner so the car isnt so edgy. I have seen guys who run the servo angled on carpet and asphalt. Jason Schreffler run the servo on the angled mounts.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Swampracer
What is the typical tire compound set-up F/R that people are using today. I haven't run 12th for a number of years.

Our carpet is low to medium traction on a good day.

Do people prefer the Jacos or the CRC Pro cuts?

Thanks Greg G
Yellow rear and lilac front are a great combo. I prefer Jaco tires over CRC. I dont want to give reasons so we can keep any bad thoughts to a minimum so i will just say i prefer the Jacos.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Check your PM's

Jason...check your PM's. Thanks for the tire advise. Is there a base line carpet set-up for the DB12R on this thread?

Greg G
Old 11-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jason thanks
Old 11-15-2008, 01:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Jason - your new chassis design looked to handle very well last weekend on carpet. Congrats on your good changes.

I took some videos of the racing last weekend at 360 and I've posted the 1/12th 17.5T A-main online, with more coming. Schreff's DB12R is the black car starting from pole.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Swampracer - be careful w/ Jaco Yellow rears. they will unglue from the rim after one run. you need to apply a small amount of CA between the rim and foam on the outside edge of the tire. i end up switching rear tires every run when i run yellows and re-glue the tires i took off and let them dry before using them again (heck - i just make sure to have enough tires to one run them for a race day/weekend)
Old 11-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

or you can just run parmas and not have that problem sweet video mike. i love watching myself bounce off the boards i was sleeping during that main
Old 11-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
or you can just run parmas and not have that problem
Parma's are amazing. For the extra money buy Parma's. They are lighter, and better quality.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Parma's are amazing. For the extra money buy Parma's. They are lighter, and better quality.
For those running the parmas; do you use the machined spacer that Jason made for the jacos or is the offset different?

Chris
Old 11-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have found parmas to be the cat's meow.
The two of us with db12's run magenta front and rear and the car is wicked. granted Jason told us what we should be doing for set-up and thats what we are using with little tweaks here and there for driving style.
The only problem i have encountered with the parmas is breaking rims. That was when getting "tapped" at full clip going into the one high speed corner and it resulted with hitting the wall,not the boards, about 4ft of the ground. Surprisingly the rim was all that broke and the car never tweaked. Lets see you t-bar or link guys do that! lol
Might hafta look into the "update" kit after x-mas.... maybe santa will deliver it with a new brushless motor and controller???
Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Jason ygpm question for ya
Old 11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Old 11-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Chris, Congrads on your new car your going to like it this car is Dialed!!!

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
You'll hit it.

I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully by next week I'll have it on the track. I've seen what the car can do up close. Our top local driver usually has a full lap on the field if not more with his DB12R. By far one of the most unique 1/12 scale cars to hit the track in a long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.