Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

politics suck!! thats why i dont vote good to have you back jason.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

craigx - do you think you can post your setup from the nationals? im still hunting for a better balance. I either have too much push or tons of steering. thanks.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jason- Have you considered altering the rear pod plates to lower the ride height adjusters a bit? Even running #4 AE spacers I feel that I just can't run the tires down to a size I'm satisfied with. I really like the feel little tires deliver but the current setup is just a little too high. The tire size I like to start with requires 3.0 spacers to get a 3.5 mm ride height and are done in a day, tops.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

With the IRS ride height spacers that come with the car you should be able to get plenty of ride height with no problem. Are you running old style standard rims or 38mm rims.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
With the IRS ride height spacers that come with the car you should be able to get plenty of ride height with no problem. Are you running old style standard rims or 38mm rims.
No you cannot get them low enough, and this is running prisms.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gubbs3
Jason- Have you considered altering the rear pod plates to lower the ride height adjusters a bit? Even running #4 AE spacers I feel that I just can't run the tires down to a size I'm satisfied with. I really like the feel little tires deliver but the current setup is just a little too high. The tire size I like to start with requires 3.0 spacers to get a 3.5 mm ride height and are done in a day, tops.
AHA!!!! I mentioned the same thing to Adrian who poo-poo'd the idea. "who wants to run tires that small"? was his reply.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
craigx - do you think you can post your setup from the nationals? im still hunting for a better balance. I either have too much push or tons of steering. thanks.
Craig had to change cars. Even though he was running for us, Corally USA being the class acts they are, is making everyone run 1/12th scale with the SP12X who runs the PHI for TC no questions asked. This is one of those things that is really beginning to wear me out. So be it, if they need to get that many fast drivers to make the car look good, it doesnt say much for the car. What a bunch of clowns(Not aimed at the drivers, they are doing what they need to do)

Last edited by protc3; 03-18-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by gubbs3
I will be looking into this.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

gubbs3-
check out the APS 3.75mm rear offset adapter, they should be lower than the IRS spacer and also offer .25mm increments.

Jason-
now I understand your politics comment from before. I guess we just need to work on getting your regional guys to raise our game. there are less politics at our level
Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Lord

I will be concentrating more on selling the best possible products rather than spending my money elsewhere. We have Jason Schreffler running our car and helping with testing and that is a big plus. He is one of the most talented drivers and a big help with R and D. This really doesnt hurt the company but it is just enough to get you a little pissed. Especially the working relationship i had with them. I will no longer be doing that to say the least.

I want to let you guys know that i will be looking over the entire car along with the pod plates and making a short run of cars(maybe 20) that will be a special edition kit and include some crazy stuff. I will be doing this for collectors really. I really dont have a ton of stuff i want to change but i will bling it out and give it a new color. I will keep you guys posted for those interested.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For what it matters I had my DB12R in the stock B main at the carpet nats. The car was money after I glued my fronts, it was the driver that kept me out of the A.

-.20 front springs, 10,000wt kingpin lube, 10 deg reactive castor
- Red center spring with 40wt oil, about 1.5mm of pod droop, batts in middle
-7,000wt in damper tubes
-servo flat with turnbuckles level
-glued front sides of tires about half way up
-Jaco Lilac front and grey rear
Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Matt, Nice run at the Nationals Bro, ya did well with the DB12R
Old 03-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yo Jason, I love to purchase one when they become available

Originally Posted by protc3
I will be concentrating more on selling the best possible products rather than spending my money elsewhere. We have Jason Schreffler running our car and helping with testing and that is a big plus. He is one of the most talented drivers and a big help with R and D. This really doesnt hurt the company but it is just enough to get you a little pissed. Especially the working relationship i had with them. I will no longer be doing that to say the least.

I want to let you guys know that i will be looking over the entire car along with the pod plates and making a short run of cars(maybe 20) that will be a special edition kit and include some crazy stuff. I will be doing this for collectors really. I really dont have a ton of stuff i want to change but i will bling it out and give it a new color. I will keep you guys posted for those interested.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Lord

Thats awesome matt. i didnt mean to leave you guys out. We have a bunch of excellent team guys and we will continue to concentrate on putting out the highest quality product with the help the team.

I will let you know when they are ready mike.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
AHA!!!! I mentioned the same thing to Adrian who poo-poo'd the idea. "who wants to run tires that small"? was his reply.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Yeah, now there two of you...lol! If you need to run a 40mm (1.55") rear tires to make your car good you have something wacky elsewhere in your setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.