R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #1321
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
BMI Racing R&D spyshots.

Lets say you have a DB12R but you want to try a 1/10th car....all you need to make a 200mm 1/10th car is:

The DB10R lower chassis and battery arch.

An IRS Racing Oval narrow axle kit.

1/10th tires

Any 200mm body. Nitro Sedan, Lola, GT, Lemans Cup, etc...

One of any touring car shock.

All of this is in the prototype stages now but the DB10R is 4 cell NiMh and 2 cell LiPo compatible. If you like you can run it on 100% of your 1/12th scale 4 cell gear and enjoy a lot more traction and mellower handling.

If you want insane speed run it on any 2 cell LiPo like the Orion Platinum 4800, 3200 or Core 5000 with a 13.5 BL motor. This combo is FASTER than Mod 6 cell Sedan!

We are still developing this car so it will be some time before it is available. Right now we are trying to gauge interest. If you like what you see let us know and email bmachine@tampabay.rr.com.

Please do not PM me or Jason....its impossible to keep up with the PM volume lately
Its bad enough you tease us with the DB12R (atleast me because I cant afford one right now)

And now a DB10R!!!!!!!!!! I dont like you guys!

I need bolth, and no one here even races 10th scale pan car
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:54 AM   #1322
Tech Apprentice
 
haagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Side shocks are a nightmare. We need to do some testing of course but we think the flex plates will give us all the spring rate we need and the tubes can certainly give us more damping than we need.
On my 1/10th oval car I am running the IRS Rug Rat dampener tubes. They work great.

http://www.teamirsrc.com/images/irs4005.jpg
haagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #1323
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 125
Default

Adrian,
I see you said the side shocks are a nightmare, maybe I need to school you on how to build them.

Jason,
The 1/10th car looks good. I think your damper tubes will work just fine. These cars do not roll as much as people think.

Dave "The Diff Dude" Irrgang
Diffdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #1324
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diffdude View Post
Adrian,
I see you said the side shocks are a nightmare, maybe I need to school you on how to build them.

Jason,
The 1/10th car looks good. I think your damper tubes will work just fine. These cars do not roll as much as people think.

Dave "The Diff Dude" Irrgang
I can build them fine...as a manufacturer we just can't assume everyone can so the same. Many never change the foam compensator regularly, get air in them, have too much rebound etc...I know a lot of oval guys that really struggle with this.

Damper tubes are a very good solution for the DB12/10 sice we have more side spring rate from our flex plates than a t-bar or link car.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:37 AM   #1325
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Im still in shock, i dont know if i could watch.

Nova,

Parts have all shipped so you can get her back together for the weekend.
When you hae a chance can you send me the shipping info???

THX THe wifey-poo is going to visit her mother up in Mass today and coming back tomorrow night so that means I get to set up a pit area in the family room in front of the 60 inch sony TV....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #1326
Tech Addict
 
Chemical X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I'm almost ready to go with my DB12R, however, I need some advice on tires for carpet tracks.

I'm new to 1/12th scale and will be running mostly 19T and some Stock depending on the track I race at. The tracks in my area all use Jack the Gripper and do not allow Paragon.

I've read some of the previous posts in this thread and checked out the Base Setup sheet and Paul Wynn's Setup sheet. For Stock, it appears that the Jaco Prism Lilac fronts and Yellow rears are the way to go. For 19T, it looks like Double-Pink both front and rear is the best option. Question: Does Jaco make a Prism Double-Pink rear? It's not listed on the DB12R parts list or the Jaco website. I also checked out some other sites and couldn't find it in the Prism style. Could the setup sheets be referencing a Pink rear instead of a Double-Pink rear? These setups also reference the use Paragon tire treatment. Would you guys recommend different tire shores for Jack the Gripper tracks?

Unfortunately I can't purchase multiple boxes of tires in every shore rating available (who can???). So I need advice in order to optimize my tire purchase. Keep in mind that I'm new to 1/12th scale. I've ran a couple of seasons of TC but all the 1/12 scale details are new to me.

Thanks in advance.
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #1327
Tech Addict
 
Chemical X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Adrian,
Can you also check out the link for Cheston's Minnreg setup on the BMI website? It's not a link.

Thanks.
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #1328
Uga
Tech Regular
 
Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: By the Baltic Sea
Posts: 439
Default

Great questionary Chemical X, I was going to ask about the same thing I also need to know which compounds should I run with Jack The Gripper, but on a 5.5 BL on a medium/low traction carpet. I would try out them all, but we don't have a stationary track around here, so I will have like 2-3 packs to try out before my first qualification round with the DB12R Guys around here are mostly using the old Jaco's purple fronts and pink rears and I haven't even tried anything else, so I really don't know if that's the best option.. If I would now for sure which compound should I get I would speak to Jason about distributing Jaco prism's from him in my region
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #1329
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
Great questionary Chemical X, I was going to ask about the same thing I also need to know which compounds should I run with Jack The Gripper, but on a 5.5 BL on a medium/low traction carpet. I would try out them all, but we don't have a stationary track around here, so I will have like 2-3 packs to try out before my first qualification round with the DB12R Guys around here are mostly using the old Jaco's purple fronts and pink rears and I haven't even tried anything else, so I really don't know if that's the best option.. If I would now for sure which compound should I get I would speak to Jason about distributing Jaco prism's from him in my region

the new prizm tires as just slightly higher shore then the old jaco. so if guys are running purple/pink, then a lilac/pink would be close. But purple/pink seams a little hard for a 5.5 bl. I think most were running dblpink front/rear with a 5.5
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #1330
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical X View Post
I'm almost ready to go with my DB12R, however, I need some advice on tires for carpet tracks.

I'm new to 1/12th scale and will be running mostly 19T and some Stock depending on the track I race at. The tracks in my area all use Jack the Gripper and do not allow Paragon.

I've read some of the previous posts in this thread and checked out the Base Setup sheet and Paul Wynn's Setup sheet. For Stock, it appears that the Jaco Prism Lilac fronts and Yellow rears are the way to go. For 19T, it looks like Double-Pink both front and rear is the best option. Question: Does Jaco make a Prism Double-Pink rear? It's not listed on the DB12R parts list or the Jaco website. I also checked out some other sites and couldn't find it in the Prism style. Could the setup sheets be referencing a Pink rear instead of a Double-Pink rear? These setups also reference the use Paragon tire treatment. Would you guys recommend different tire shores for Jack the Gripper tracks?

Unfortunately I can't purchase multiple boxes of tires in every shore rating available (who can???). So I need advice in order to optimize my tire purchase. Keep in mind that I'm new to 1/12th scale. I've ran a couple of seasons of TC but all the 1/12 scale details are new to me.

Thanks in advance.
The tires that paul ran at minnreg were actually Parma magenta. Those are slightly softer than the 2x pink tires. We needed to calm down the front of his car a little when the bite came up. Origionally when i put his car on the track i had .078 flex plates on it. It created a twitchy feel with the magenta fronts so we went to the stock flex plates from the kit and it smoothed it out. I ran my car in 19 turn at minnreg in practice with 2x pink fronts and pink rears and it was really good.
Jaco has announced that they are going to now make a 2x pink rear. Jack stated that he was only going to do a pink but since the demand was high for 2x pink he said he will make them. Once i get the word from jack that they are ready for sale i will have them in stock. Right now,what i am finding works best for stock is lilac fronts and yellow rear. For modified 2x pink front and pink rears are my choice. Both compounds work great in 19 turn but i prefer the 2x pink and pink due to less tire wear and a little more steering.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #1331
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
When you hae a chance can you send me the shipping info???

THX THe wifey-poo is going to visit her mother up in Mass today and coming back tomorrow night so that means I get to set up a pit area in the family room in front of the 60 inch sony TV....
I will get that info for you when i get to the shop in the morning buddy
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #1332
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
Great questionary Chemical X, I was going to ask about the same thing I also need to know which compounds should I run with Jack The Gripper, but on a 5.5 BL on a medium/low traction carpet. I would try out them all, but we don't have a stationary track around here, so I will have like 2-3 packs to try out before my first qualification round with the DB12R Guys around here are mostly using the old Jaco's purple fronts and pink rears and I haven't even tried anything else, so I really don't know if that's the best option.. If I would now for sure which compound should I get I would speak to Jason about distributing Jaco prism's from him in my region

With a 5.5 brushless i would definately go 2x pink front and pink rear. Purples are too hard for mod. The lilac seem to feel like a purple but they are consistant like a double pink. I like them for stock and they work real good in 19 turn.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #1333
Tech Addict
 
RichChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 587
Default

Car body... check.
Speedo... check.
Brushless motor... check.
Transmitter... check.
Receiver... check.
Servo... check.

DB12R...

I can't wait for it to arrive!

-Rich
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #1334
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

It went out today buddy
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #1335
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diffdude View Post
Adrian,
I see you said the side shocks are a nightmare, maybe I need to school you on how to build them.

Jason,
The 1/10th car looks good. I think your damper tubes will work just fine. These cars do not roll as much as people think.

Dave "The Diff Dude" Irrgang
Thanks dave. Thats what we were thinking. I really want to try the car out. I dont want to say yeh or neh until i see how the car reacts. I will give you a buzz this week bro
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 05:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 10:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 06:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 04:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 07:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0