-Shookie <><
still never got it bro
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #1082
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,

i figured i would make it known on our new part that we are releasing.it is precision ground lightened diff rings.what we are doing is precision grinding them dead flat and parallel within .0002 to ensure that all of the diff balls are in full contact at all times on both sides of the balls with minimal pressure.this allows for a tighter diff with less side tension on the right side hub bearing.this also eliminates the process of sanding the diff rings because they will have a #32 finish which will allow the balls grab when the diff is trying to slip but is fine enough for the balls to roll over and feel as smoothe as a polished ring.the big gain with these rings is that it allows you to run less tension on the diff while still having it not slip.the diff is incredibly free and allows the car to rotate better and is more consistant.standard diff rings can be up to .005 out of flat and coned from deformation during the stamping process.even sanding alone will not make them parallel.this causes you to have to tighten the diff more to flatten the rings and get the balls in contact.we found this to be a huge advantage and the diff also lasts longer.and when you need to rebuild the diff,you can simply rescuff them the way you normally would and they are as good as new.being that they are perfectly flat and parallel,you dont need to worry about it anymore.everyone who have tested these rings have all picked up there lap times and all noticed an increase in performance and life of the diff.i will post pics tommorow of the finished product.
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #1083
Tech Lord

i will be going into production this week on the diff rings.i will also have a set price for them.if you guys have any questions feel free to ask
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #1084
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
hey guys,

i figured i would make it known on our new part that we are releasing.it is precision ground lightened diff rings.what we are doing is precision grinding them dead flat and parallel within .0002 to ensure that all of the diff balls are in full contact at all times on both sides of the balls with minimal pressure.this allows for a tighter diff with less side tension on the right side hub bearing.this also eliminates the process of sanding the diff rings because they will have a #32 finish which will allow the balls grab when the diff is trying to slip but is fine enough for the balls to roll over and feel as smoothe as a polished ring.the big gain with these rings is that it allows you to run less tension on the diff while still having it not slip.the diff is incredibly free and allows the car to rotate better and is more consistant.standard diff rings can be up to .005 out of flat and coned from deformation during the stamping process.even sanding alone will not make them parallel.this causes you to have to tighten the diff more to flatten the rings and get the balls in contact.we found this to be a huge advantage and the diff also lasts longer.and when you need to rebuild the diff,you can simply rescuff them the way you normally would and they are as good as new.being that they are perfectly flat and parallel,you dont need to worry about it anymore.everyone who have tested these rings have all picked up there lap times and all noticed an increase in performance and life of the diff.i will post pics tommorow of the finished product.
OK, Didn't see that one coming.... But I like the idea....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #1085
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
i will be going into production this week on the diff rings.i will also have a set price for them.if you guys have any questions feel free to ask
That is a cool new product, how will this be avalible? Thru the new online store? We need details and pricing.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #1086
Tech Lord

we will have the online store up and running this week if all goes well.we will have them on the website shortly.as of this time orders can be placed by phone or through our contact page on the website.i will set the price tommorow after i do the timestudy with my production fixture.
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #1087
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

You should get like $1500 a kit.... Not so much because the car is that good, but because you have to work with Adrian!!

Seriously J.....I know you have a new crib and all (Da' Whitehouse) you deserve a raise, a vacation home and a new Z06 for putting up with him!!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #1088
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
You should get like $1500 a kit.... Not so much because the car is that good, but because you have to work with Adrian!!

Seriously J.....I know you have a new crib and all (Da' Whitehouse) you deserve a raise, a vacation home and a new Z06 for putting up with him!!
We just got a bright new red Z06 in Friday at the shop. 77K on the sticker!! We also have a yellow and black one ready to go...Come on up J...I can hook you up with a good salesman! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #1089
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jason,

Do you have a estimate ETA for the second batch? I cant wait to run some 1/12 again.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #1090
Tech Lord

hmm,i may do the Z06 once i am done with mine.very tempting.i still love my vette.i got some time left with it though,i just cracked 3500 miles and i bought it last september.shes a garage queen.
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #1091
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbt3 View Post
Jason,

Do you have a estimate ETA for the second batch? I cant wait to run some 1/12 again.

they should start shipping this week.i got parts coming back from the anodize shop
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #1092
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
hey guys,

Are they similar to the IRS lightened diff rings?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #1093
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
hmm,i may do the Z06 once i am done with mine.very tempting.i still love my vette.i got some time left with it though,i just cracked 3500 miles and i bought it last september.shes a garage queen.
Kind of like you? Except you are a queen that hangs out at garages!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #1094
Tech Lord

yes,i am buying them from dave and then grinding them
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #1095
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
Kind of like you? Except you are a queen that hangs out at garages!!!
your so gay.
J Concepts