Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
xtrememadness- The prototype chassis I tested at the Birds is SLIGHTLY different. Keep in mind NO FINAL decisions have been made as to the final product. We will still be testing various items on the car in order to provide the best possible combination to afford the racers the best handling 12th scale possible.

V12 and Uga- The WGT car I ran at the Birds had different rear suspension geometry. The new WGT will certainly have the new suspension for the rear plus a few changes to the chassis and layout. I don't think I can divulge anymore info, so I'll defer to Jason.

Butter
thanx teambutter i will wait then until things are finalized
Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No problem Craig...
Old 02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Given that the current DB12RR and DB10R both use the same suspension parts except for the shock and shock mount...will there be a change in the suspension geometry for the DB12 as well?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

[QUOTE= It is hard at this time as the market of 1/12th seems to be going towards lower quality and less expensive. I dont want to take that route. I want to keep increasing quality and try to keep the same price. QUOTE]

good to hear that the new bmi will be as good as the last one
ive seen guys with the new 12th's from other brands having alot of problems with both the front ends getting sloppy after 25 runs and lower quality carbon fibre delaminating
only problem i have with a new bmi is that i dont wanna sell the 2 i already have -there goes my whole fleet downsizing attempt
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Given that the current DB12RR and DB10R both use the same suspension parts except for the shock and shock mount...will there be a change in the suspension geometry for the DB12 as well?
The only planned change to the DB-12RR's suspension geometry is going to be within the flex plates. Of course, we have been entertaining a new front end and depending on whether we release it or not there will be an obvious change. We have planned on making the new front end with the same spacing as the AE front end so that it can be used on all generations of the DB-12.

However, at this time there isn't a definite front end change.

Butter
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah Jason and I had talked about different front suspension ideas at last year's Snowbirds...man was that fun. Weren't you there in 08 as well?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah Jason and I had talked about different front suspension ideas at last year's Snowbirds...man was that fun. Weren't you there in 08 as well?
I was, but I was running a different car.. Jason and I have discussed a bunch of ideas, many of which are revolutionary. However, with the revolution comes revolt!! LOL!! Some of the concepts would just be too expensive to mass produce. Couple that with the fact that many of the newer kits being released by various companies have a lower retail price (due largely to cheaper components) and it is a losing proposition.

The new car definitely rotates better in higher traction and that had been the only achilles heel... Jason got it right now and we are working on making it better..

Butter
Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
I have it all drawn up in cad and it is really cool. It is pretty intricate and very accurate yet easy to adjust. I will post pics as soon as i get it cut.
never mind waiting until it's cut in alloy

let's have some a preview from the CAD drawings to keep us all going
Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

I was, but I was running a different car.. Jason and I have discussed a bunch of ideas, many of which are revolutionary. However, with the revolution comes revolt!! LOL!! Some of the concepts would just be too expensive to mass produce. Couple that with the fact that many of the newer kits being released by various companies have a lower retail price (due largely to cheaper components) and it is a losing proposition.

The new car definitely rotates better in higher traction and that had been the only achilles heel... Jason got it right now and we are working on making it better..

Butter
Yeah I thought so...You were running the S120 weren't you? I'm pretty sure we met that year and discussed RS setups. I was pitting over with Tag and crew.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

InspGadgt- You are correct sir...Sorry that you had to pit with John Fag though...LOL!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

LOL...I had a great time and hope to be able to go back again soon. Vegas makes more sense though for me because the airfare from Hawaii is much lower as well as the hotel costs. So far I have enough miles for one way of the airfare to Vegas for this year So that will make it much easier. I hope to go with more spending money this year so I'm constantly worried about having enough to eat and buy tires
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Nice!!! cant wait to get one

xtrememadness- The prototype chassis I tested at the Birds is SLIGHTLY different. Keep in mind NO FINAL decisions have been made as to the final product. We will still be testing various items on the car in order to provide the best possible combination to afford the racers the best handling 12th scale possible.

V12 and Uga- The WGT car I ran at the Birds had different rear suspension geometry. The new WGT will certainly have the new suspension for the rear plus a few changes to the chassis and layout. I don't think I can divulge anymore info, so I'll defer to Jason.

Butter
Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

LOL...I had a great time and hope to be able to go back again soon. Vegas makes more sense though for me because the airfare from Hawaii is much lower as well as the hotel costs. So far I have enough miles for one way of the airfare to Vegas for this year So that will make it much easier. I hope to go with more spending money this year so I'm constantly worried about having enough to eat and buy tires

I don't even think about food when I'm in Vegas....well I guess its a type of food

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Nice!!! cant wait to get one
Mike, you will NOT be dissapointed!!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

This is just for you SCHREFF........
Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Is it possible to have less chassis cutouts? I can't get my electronics and lead to stick well with double sided tape on the DB10RR chassis as there is not much carbon at the back. I drive 2s saddlepack by the way. Any have a good trick to let the electronics stick better?

Butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.