R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #8431
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 302
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default BMI DB12rr Lipo SOLD ...

sold ...

Last edited by tomkatn; 02-07-2010 at 03:20 PM.
tomkatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #8432
Uga
Tech Regular
 
Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: By the Baltic Sea
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
How about 24k gold plate with some diamonds to fit in the hex heads of all the screws?

DB12Bling
You mean something like this...
__________________
-=Xray XB4=-
-=Xray XB8E=-
-=Schumacher Cougar KF2=-
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #8433
Moderator
 
Clegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside doing things in places... Denver, CO
Posts: 4,609
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
You mean something like this...
The thing I love about that pic, is they spent all the money on gold plating, diamonds, etc... but still didnt man up and buy the Ti screw set
__________________
Joe Kelly - JK720.net
5280 Raceway |5280raceway.com | 5280 Raceway Facebook
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #8434
Tech Adept
 
jjbkozack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: EDMONTON ALBERTA Canada
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

after a couple hundred runs ive finally broken a bmi, one of the l-plates has gone into two pieces (got t-boned hard), ive got replacements but...

whats your opinion on the carbon flexplates vs the fiberglass? (i run purely on carpet)
ive tried the thin fiberglass flexplates and they are in my scraps bin, the thick fiberglass ones work way better



and i have to give jason props on building a kick a$$ chassis!!!
this is the only car ive owned that has lasted over 200 runs without breaking
and on a side note when i was driving the couple min after it broke i acted like it had a bad bearing, any other car wouldnt have been driving after something like that -let alone still driving that good

Last edited by jjbkozack; 02-06-2010 at 11:18 AM.
jjbkozack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #8435
Tech Adept
 
jjbkozack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: EDMONTON ALBERTA Canada
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer View Post
Hi all.... Major help needed... I have been running the DB12RR with 1C Lipo and cant make runtime??? I have geared up and down and still nothing. Does anyone know the right gearing for Mod?
My set-up is as follows:
4T Motor 0 timing , LRP SXX ESC on throttle profile 4, geared from 38.5 mm to 49 mm.

At high roll out I made about 4 minutes, and at the lower I ran about 6 minutes. Keeping in mind with the lower roll out the speed was slower. It seems as if it runs as fast as 4 cell for 1 or 2 minutes and then slows down until it is very slow???

Big National event this weekend, so any help would be great. Most people still running 4 cell here and I need to stay on par.

Thanks

im running a 1cell lipo now and have found it hits the cuttof just after 7min with a brushed 6 or 7turn motor (sucking avg. 5300mah), for now im just running brushed 10t which if i take it a lil easier i can make the 8min, hoping in a year or so that the battery capacity will be large enough to handle insane mod motors
ive found a huge difference from a 30c to the 40c with modified its the difference of the voltage falling off after a minute to lasting the whole race with good punch
jjbkozack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #8436
Tech Adept
 
-showtime-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kittanning, PA
Posts: 163
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Carbon flex plates all the way. Once you go to them all the fiberglass ones will be in your scrap bin.
__________________
Greg Dobrosky
Showtime Designs

BMI - Parma - The Raceway at Beaver, PA
-showtime- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #8437
Tech Elite
 
TeamButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbkozack View Post
after a couple hundred runs ive finally broken a bmi, one of the l-plates has gone into two pieces (got t-boned hard), ive got replacements but...

whats your opinion on the carbon flexplates vs the fiberglass? (i run purely on carpet)
ive tried the thin fiberglass flexplates and they are in my scraps bin, the thick fiberglass ones work way better



and i have to give jason props on building a kick a$$ chassis!!!
this is the only car ive owned that has lasted over 200 runs without breaking
and on a side note when i was driving the couple min after it broke i acted like it had a bad bearing, any other car wouldnt have been driving after something like that -let alone still driving that good
You'll want to run the thinner CF plate. Start with the stand-offs forward and NO tweak screws at all. This is what I ran at the Snowbirds. Glad to hear the car has been durable! Please post your result after you have tried the thin CF Flexplate.

Butter
__________________
Xray / BMI Racing / KO Propo / Team Epic / Parma-PSE / High Velocity Racing / TeamButter / P3 Graphics / MDI Racing
TeamButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #8438
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

As the DB10R thread seems dead since more than a month I have to ask here.
I used the thin CK plates at my DB10R and liked them alot. How could you compare the thin with the thick CK plates? Is the long/front position at the thick plates similar to the short/rear position of the thin flexplates or is this even harder? I just got the thin ones until now.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #8439
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Is there a projected release date for the prototype 1/12 car?
__________________
Sanwa M12S---Xray T4 '17 ---Team Scream---Promatch---Hobbywing
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #8440
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I will have a much better idea on the release of the new 1/12th and 1/10th car in a couple weeks. I will keep all of you posted so dont worry. I am going through the costs now to make sure i can keep the price the same. So far, it is looking good. The front end is the question at this point. Once i get the pricing on that i will decide if it is going to be able to be sold with the car kit or as an option part. It is hard at this time as the market of 1/12th seems to be going towards lower quality and less expensive. I dont want to take that route. I want to keep increasing quality and try to keep the same price. The market is getting tough and it gets hard to compete against cars that do away with nice machined aluminum parts and replace them with all cheap molded parts. I want to keep the strength and accuracy of the machined aluminum parts.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #8441
Tech Elite
 
TeamButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter
Default DB12RR Snowbirds Setup

Hey guys/gals,

I've received several PM's asking what the setup was on my 12th at the Birds so I figured I would post it here.. I took the Format from one of the PM's I received. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask on here or PM me and I will get to them ASAP.

Thanks,

Butter


Front:
.20 AE springs (shim kingpin for equal sag L and R....approx 0.5mm
0 toe
lilac or black if high trac.(Lilac had more steering using Sticky Fingers)
3.5mm
camber 1Deg

Rear:
3.5mm
#4 Red Shur lube in tubes
45 wt shock oil with piston holes drilled out.
gold spring
shock/antenna mount all the way back.
.5mm droop
Thin Prototype(Sorry guys!) cf flex plates w/no tweak screws.
Orange tires
battery in middle.

Body:Parma EE1
Tire Size: Front 1.63" (Sidewalls glued) Rear 1.68"
__________________
Xray / BMI Racing / KO Propo / Team Epic / Parma-PSE / High Velocity Racing / TeamButter / P3 Graphics / MDI Racing
TeamButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #8442
AOD
Tech Regular
 
AOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 9th Island
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I will have a much better idea on the release of the new 1/12th and 1/10th car in a couple weeks. I will keep all of you posted so dont worry. I am going through the costs now to make sure i can keep the price the same. So far, it is looking good. The front end is the question at this point. Once i get the pricing on that i will decide if it is going to be able to be sold with the car kit or as an option part. It is hard at this time as the market of 1/12th seems to be going towards lower quality and less expensive. I dont want to take that route. I want to keep increasing quality and try to keep the same price. The market is getting tough and it gets hard to compete against cars that do away with nice machined aluminum parts and replace them with all cheap molded parts. I want to keep the strength and accuracy of the machined aluminum parts.
Jason I for one would rather pay extra for a top quality car like yours then pay for a cheap car and have to buy all kind of hop up parts. Can't wait for the updated car. Keep up the excellent work.
AOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #8443
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,179
Default

I agree...very much looking forward to seeing what the new front end will look like.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #8444
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the support guys because that is the route i want to take. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. I will post pics of the 2 color options. Gold or copper. I have samples out and should have them back this week.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #8445
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 190
Default Go Nuclear of Go Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
You'll want to run the thinner CF plate. Start with the stand-offs forward and NO tweak screws at all. This is what I ran at the Snowbirds. Glad to hear the car has been durable! Please post your result after you have tried the thin CF Flexplate.

Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by -showtime- View Post
Carbon flex plates all the way. Once you go to them all the fiberglass ones will be in your scrap bin.
Yep, just follow these guys to the promised land! I switched to the CF flexplates as soon as they came out. Then, followed some setup advice from Showtime (which is very similar to the setup listed by Mr. Butter on this page). The car flat out rips. The local guys are like, ahh, hey man, what the H E double fiberglass hockeysticks dude, how'd your car get so fast? Just tell'em you used Butter and it's Showtime!

Thanks guys (Showtime & Butter) for helping the rest of us along!
__________________
Dude, Go RRReally FFFast - When something gets in your way - Turrrnn
VRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 04:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 09:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 05:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 03:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 06:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net