R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #7771
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Hey InspGagt,

Dont sweat it, Its all good Just go out there and have a fun time. To be honest with you if it makes ya feel better. I know if I went out there Id probably spank my monkey out there to Lol... A national level driver Im not. but I have a fun time racing every week Enjoy yourself out there.
National standard? Me neither. I am actually entered for World GT, but thereby hangs a tale...

Over here, we race 10.5 as the 'slow' class (mostly it's Mod) and I decided to enter Expert World GT as I know the motor, and wouldn't have to buy a new one. So, I am up at 1 am on the website, I get an entry, and then I get to see the entry list...

...only to find that my competitors are Blackstock, Bodine, Cyrul, Dumas, Groskamp, Lia and Neisinger. So, if I'm not a National standard driver, what's left but having fun? Is there a wooden spoon for last place? Vegas, here I come!!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #7772
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Slowerone,

Dont sweat it man its all good, my best advice is to pretend your on the track by your self just focus on your car. You just go out and do your thing don't worry about those guys.

You have far more to gain racing with these guys than to lose Everybody has there day in the sun. And you keep racing with these guys, One day my friend you'll have your day in the sun

Hope this helps
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
National standard? Me neither. I am actually entered for World GT, but thereby hangs a tale...

Over here, we race 10.5 as the 'slow' class (mostly it's Mod) and I decided to enter Expert World GT as I know the motor, and wouldn't have to buy a new one. So, I am up at 1 am on the website, I get an entry, and then I get to see the entry list...

...only to find that my competitors are Blackstock, Bodine, Cyrul, Dumas, Groskamp, Lia and Neisinger. So, if I'm not a National standard driver, what's left but having fun? Is there a wooden spoon for last place? Vegas, here I come!!!

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #7773
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Mike, where do you get those ride height adjusters? 1.75mm diameter tyres...
SlowerOne, the 12RR can almost run bare rims and still get insane ground clearance.
I've seen Mike run rims with what amounts to tire dust on them, and he can get ride height. When he CHECKS it!
Remember that one Mike? "my car won't steer."
I hear ya been practicing. Good stuff. I'll be out there soon. PEACE!

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #7774
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague View Post
SlowerOne, the 12RR can almost run bare rims and still get insane ground clearance.
I've seen Mike run rims with what amounts to tire dust on them, and he can get ride height. When he CHECKS it!
Remember that one Mike? "my car won't steer."
I hear ya been practicing. Good stuff. I'll be out there soon. PEACE!
Ah but Sprague you missed the jest...Mike lists his tire diameter as 1.75mm as in milimeter not 1.75 inches. At 1.75mm the tire diameter is smaller then the bearing it runs on
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #7775
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Hey InspGagt,

Dont sweat it, Its all good Just go out there and have a fun time. To be honest with you if it makes ya feel better. I know if I went out there Id probably spank my monkey out there to Lol... A national level driver Im not. but I have a fun time racing every week Enjoy yourself out there.
Yeah I'm not to worried about it. I went to Snowbirds back in Feb. so I've got a good idea what it's all about I didn't do as well as I had hoped at Snowbirds but I got better pretty much every run and improved my qualifying position by at least 3 positions in both the mains I ran. I think I could have done even better given more time too so I'm hoping for some improvement at IIC.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #7776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Yeah I'm not to worried about it. I went to Snowbirds back in Feb. so I've got a good idea what it's all about I didn't do as well as I had hoped at Snowbirds but I got better pretty much every run and improved my qualifying position by at least 3 positions in both the mains I ran. I think I could have done even better given more time too so I'm hoping for some improvement at IIC.
I sure wish I could go, its close but no way to take that much time away, anyhow I'll be routing for you in 1/12 Insp.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #7777
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Lol...my bad yea thats 1.75"

Quote:
Ah but Sprague you missed the jest...Mike lists his tire diameter as 1.75mm as in milimeter not 1.75 inches. At 1.75mm the tire diameter is smaller then the bearing it runs on

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #7778
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Oops! HA! You're right! Totally missed that.

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #7779
Tech Champion

Course that is the 2nd time now he's been teased on that
Old 08-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #7780
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey there guys! Just had a quick question for all of you bmi buys. I am going to order the chassis update for lipo in the next few days and one thing came to mind. I remember last year the only problem I had with the db12rr is the center ball stud broke off in the antenna mount. Is there a long steel ball stud available somewhere or what is everyone else doing to combat this? Any help would be wonderful! Thanks in advance
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #7781
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what things on the BMI car compared to say a CRC car they feel could be improved upon? Basically, what about the BMI car you don't like?

Also, in general is the car 64 pitch gearing, can you do 48 pitch? don't know anything about 1/12 so please forgive!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #7782
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default shock mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
Hey there guys! Just had a quick question for all of you bmi buys. I am going to order the chassis update for lipo in the next few days and one thing came to mind. I remember last year the only problem I had with the db12rr is the center ball stud broke off in the antenna mount. Is there a long steel ball stud available somewhere or what is everyone else doing to combat this? Any help would be wonderful! Thanks in advance
Try the Darkside shock mount (RC4less sell them)
Use a Ti ball stud, lighter and stronger.
Attached Thumbnails
BMI's DB12R-100_3037.jpg   BMI's DB12R-100_3039.jpg   BMI's DB12R-100_3041.jpg   BMI's DB12R-100_3042.jpg  
South Australian Member: AERCCC #16 and ARCR 9098
Damit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #7783
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
Well like the above post you can use a different shock mount like the Darkside one. You can also go to the older style AE mount which is taller and use a shorter ball stud. Or if you are looking for a long one you can use one from Corally, it's a bit longer but works well.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #7784
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Can someone tell me what things on the BMI car compared to say a CRC car they feel could be improved upon? Basically, what about the BMI car you don't like?

Also, in general is the car 64 pitch gearing, can you do 48 pitch? don't know anything about 1/12 so please forgive!
Well depending on what setup you use you might choose to use different parts. For example if you want to use a high shock mounting position like the posts above you might want to change the shock mount. Some people run a different front suspension but that is a personal choice. The stock front suspension is just fine. Just take your time to build it right.

You can run 48 pitch if you want but pan cars usually use 64 pitch to get a finer gear ratio adjustment.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #7785
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damit View Post
Try the Darkside shock mount (RC4less sell them)
Use a Ti ball stud, lighter and stronger.
Awesome thanks for the suggestions guys. By the way what type of front end do you have on the car? Did you have to do any mods to make it fit properly?
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote