Originally Posted by Cain
thinking of trying a 1/12 car for the winter, and the BMI car looks pretty good and I have liked there products before so I figured I would post a few questions for you BMI pros:
1) anyone got some links to pics of the DB12RR lipo edition with electronics fully mounted?
2) What online company other than BMI direct sells BMI products, in particular the DB12 series?
3) What are the hot ESCs right now for 1/12?
4) For a budget racer, what should you look for at a minimum in a brushless ESC and motor combo for a 1/12?
5) where do you find that TQ cell booster, and is it better than the Novak unit?
6) Where can you purchase the Fantom 5000mah 1S battery pack at?
1) I finally got all my electronics so will post pictures as soon as I get them put in.
2) So far all I have found is Stormer Hobbies. Although most parts are on backorder.
3) Right now alot of guys are using the Tekin RS because they have developed new software to run single cell lipo. This combined with turbo boost makes this a good choice. You can also update this speedo as new software versions come out.
4) This depends on what classes are offered were you live. The club I race with uses a 10.5. I have found the Fantom motors to run well and seem to cost less than most.
5) The TQ booster can be bought from here
. They are in Canada and it will take around a week to reach most locations in the USA.
6) Fantom products can be purchaced from Fantom direct or from Stormer Hobbies.
Hope this helps.