R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #7621
Tech Master
 
PartTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling hts MI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
The darkside mount is a nice mount as are many others. I wanted to include the AE one for weight savings. It is very adjustable also but the weight savings is really what i was looking for.
I really liked that part of the R5 I had.

Just got back from the track. Yes, yellows are the ticket. Had purple in front and it was pretty amazing to be honest. I do need just a touch more up front and was thinking lilac would be the ticket. The only problem I have is the car will not hold tweak. Even with the set screws in.

Set up
10 deg block
4 deg caster (arms middle)
1 deg camber
bmi .020
7000 on kingpin
servo flat with linkage behind servo

delta shock
40wt
red spring
1mm pod droop
10,000 in tubes

Front purple cut to 1.7 (push at the end of a run)
Rear yellow cut to 1.8
3.8 ride height

.068 L-plates in short setting with and w/out screw.

Had a chance to drive a new RR today. Oh ya, smoother to drive, cleaner lines and more consistent too. Very nice !

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #7622
Tech Addict
 
Tim Stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redford, Mi.
Posts: 591
Default

Yeah, the RR was runnin good, especially since I havent touched a radio in 3 years. I think I have the electronics set now, so it will actually accelerate, lol.

I also noticed DK's tweak and it was odd. Didn't make the car undrivable but it was noticed. Hopefully balancing it a lil more will help smooth it out.

See ya on the Track wed bud!

Tim
__________________
This space for rent
Tim Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #7623
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

It may be a balancing issue. If you cant find it let me know. You can always send me the car and i will get it figured out for you.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #7624
Tech Master
 
PartTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling hts MI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
It may be a balancing issue. If you cant find it let me know. You can always send me the car and i will get it figured out for you.
Thats what im thinking. It is a brushless in the brushed pod and its swinging out on the right handers. Gona pull the motor and balance the chassis then drop the motor back in and see if I can balance the pod also.

I sent you an email about a week ago. Did you get it? It was the link off the bmi site subject: Hi.

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #7625
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18
Default

Hello,

Which is the Lipo battery more utilized in the USA? And which is your actual election?


Regards,
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #7626
Tech Master
 
PartTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling hts MI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

ok, was eyeballing the car. Think I found out whats wrong. you listening clegg?

I bend the stock screws and picked up a bag from AE. They have a steeper angle on the head like the crc screws witch makes them sit farther down in the chassis. Great for clearance but then you relie on the center of the hole to locate the front end instead of the countersink. You guessed it, oblonged a hole in the chassis. Was looking at the front and noticed that the wheel base is shorter on the left then the right. Yes it turns harder to the right.

I did find a losi 8-32 steel screw with an allen head (part #6262) and gona pick them up after work and try them to see if they center better. Im still gona go and rebalance everything just to make sure but when looking at the front from the top, one upper hinge pin points straight and the other is toed out. Would bet money thats the problem.

Mental note: Dont run crc or ae screws in the front !!!

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #7627
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18
Default

Is it a good election to use in the chassis DB12RR the servo Ko Propo PDS-951ICS? Thanks.

Regards,
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #7628
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
ok, was eyeballing the car. Think I found out whats wrong. you listening clegg?

I bend the stock screws and picked up a bag from AE. They have a steeper angle on the head like the crc screws witch makes them sit farther down in the chassis. Great for clearance but then you relie on the center of the hole to locate the front end instead of the countersink. You guessed it, oblonged a hole in the chassis. Was looking at the front and noticed that the wheel base is shorter on the left then the right. Yes it turns harder to the right.

I did find a losi 8-32 steel screw with an allen head (part #6262) and gona pick them up after work and try them to see if they center better. Im still gona go and rebalance everything just to make sure but when looking at the front from the top, one upper hinge pin points straight and the other is toed out. Would bet money thats the problem.

Mental note: Dont run crc or ae screws in the front !!!

DK

AE has blue 8-32 screws that they use on the L4 and those have 82 degree heads. The gold ones from the B4 and T4 are 100 degree heads.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #7629
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,689
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default

For you guys having issues with the frontend screws has anyone tried these?
http://www.fastener-express.com/inde...D&ProdID=41113
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #7630
Moderator
 
Clegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside doing things in places... Denver, CO
Posts: 4,602
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
ok, was eyeballing the car. Think I found out whats wrong. you listening clegg?

I bend the stock screws and picked up a bag from AE. They have a steeper angle on the head like the crc screws witch makes them sit farther down in the chassis. Great for clearance but then you relie on the center of the hole to locate the front end instead of the countersink. You guessed it, oblonged a hole in the chassis. Was looking at the front and noticed that the wheel base is shorter on the left then the right. Yes it turns harder to the right.

I did find a losi 8-32 steel screw with an allen head (part #6262) and gona pick them up after work and try them to see if they center better. Im still gona go and rebalance everything just to make sure but when looking at the front from the top, one upper hinge pin points straight and the other is toed out. Would bet money thats the problem.

Mental note: Dont run crc or ae screws in the front !!!

DK
haha Sucks for your chassis, but I am glad I am not the only one who had this happen. The car turned awesome in one direction and the other it would just lurch through corners. But good thing you found out about that now instead of fighting more and more with it. Maybe time to order the LiPo RR chassis?

I ordered a couple sets from BMI last week just to make sure I had the right screws in hand No more head angle issues!


Also I talked to Lunsford, their 8-32 Ti screws are 90 Deg heads. Jason you said the chassis is counter sunk to 82deg? I am fine keeping to the Alloy screws and just plan to keep a bunch on hand incase I warp one in a hit with the lower IRS arms.
__________________
Joe Kelly - JK720.net
5280 Raceway |5280raceway.com | 5280 Raceway Facebook
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #7631
Moderator
 
Clegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside doing things in places... Denver, CO
Posts: 4,602
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysyracing View Post
Hello,

Which is the Lipo battery more utilized in the USA? And which is your actual election?


Regards,
Really only SMC 4000/25C is out in the market in any quantities here so far. In the next month that will change though. Lots of new packs coming out! my SMC 4000 is about to become a practice pack.
__________________
Joe Kelly - JK720.net
5280 Raceway |5280raceway.com | 5280 Raceway Facebook
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #7632
Moderator
 
Clegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside doing things in places... Denver, CO
Posts: 4,602
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post

Front purple cut to 1.7 (push at the end of a run)
Rear yellow cut to 1.8
3.8 ride height

DK

The push you get from the purple, is it because they gum up and pick up fuz? On the ozite I run on which has turned pretty high bite, I cant run Purple or Lilac even because by the end of the run the tires are balls of carpet and have no traction on the front.

Thats the reason we are all running black fronts now. They push a bit more overall but the traction curve is very flat... Purple we had issues with the car almost traction rolling from insane front grip, then by the end of the 8 minutes barely being able to make a corner due to the fuzz build up.
__________________
Joe Kelly - JK720.net
5280 Raceway |5280raceway.com | 5280 Raceway Facebook
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #7633
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,155
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Jason, can you make sure to have some front springs with you this weekend at Minnreg

Especially .020's and .22's
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #7634
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
haha Sucks for your chassis, but I am glad I am not the only one who had this happen. The car turned awesome in one direction and the other it would just lurch through corners. But good thing you found out about that now instead of fighting more and more with it. Maybe time to order the LiPo RR chassis?

I ordered a couple sets from BMI last week just to make sure I had the right screws in hand No more head angle issues!


Also I talked to Lunsford, their 8-32 Ti screws are 90 Deg heads. Jason you said the chassis is counter sunk to 82deg? I am fine keeping to the Alloy screws and just plan to keep a bunch on hand incase I warp one in a hit with the lower IRS arms.

I am working on some sources for stronger screws. The chassis is countersunk at 82 degrees. I will have more info shortly on this guys. Also will be getting 4-40x1/4 aluminum screws for the low impact areas
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #7635
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Jason, can you make sure to have some front springs with you this weekend at Minnreg

Especially .020's and .22's
ok
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 05:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 10:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 06:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 04:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 07:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0