R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #6916
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

Congrats to Team BMI. It is nice to see the cars did so well on carpet, now lets see it do just as well or if not better at a major asphalt race.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #6917
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I'll be running the 12RR at the ROAR Asphalt Nats later this year, until then, it's a lot of practice and testing in the schedule.

I have a feeling that with it's ability to dial in a lot of traction it should be a good time outdoors
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #6918
Tech Adept

Hi,
We in South Africa only race on Asphalt and the BMI has plenty traction. I been running it in Modified for about a year and recently upgraded to the RR, it is only improved the car more if you can believe that...
Also the easiest 1/12th I ever worked on, it never tweaks.

Hi, Jason, I been sending email to you, not sure if you got it...

Thanks
PHI/BMI racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:17 AM   #6919
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Please send me your questions through PM. I have been having issues with my email. Or just send them to bmachine@tampabay.rr.com
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #6920
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It was great meeting you Jason, Matt loves the shirt and wishes he could placed a little higher for you and I wanna thank you for stopping by our pit and checking over his car, he said "it was great, he was a little off" Thankz again, Ken and Matt Miller........customers for life.
I played to rough with my "WOODY" and it broke!
GLITTER LIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #6921
Tech Lord

It was nice getting to meet and hang out with you guys. You have one cool little kid buddy. A hell of a driver also. Im glad he liked his shirt. I look forward to seeing you guys again.
J Concepts
Old 02-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #6922
Tech Adept

I sent you a PM and same to the email.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #6923
Tech Adept

I just check and that email is bouncing back. But the PM should be OK.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #6924
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Hey fellas!

What can I say. It was a heck of a week and a lot of hard work. After starting practice/qualifying off with stupid mistakes on my part regarding electronics and car setup, I was happy to finish 2nd behind a blazing fast Donny Lia. Donny has been basically unstoppable in 12th scale for the past year and it will continually be tough to keep up with him. With more work, I think we can catch him.

As for setup, here's what I ran...

-Front-
-Parma Magentas (cut to 1.62" and sidewall glued)
-10* caster blocks w/ 6* caster
-Associated .020 springs with about .020 spring sag when the car sat at race weight (#3 sure lube on kingpins)
-Lower arms were standard associated arms with .060 milled off bottom... no ride height spacers needed (these were arms I got from an oval racer at the race since I was tired of the IRS arms splitting)
- -1.5 camber and about .020 total toe out
-servo angled

-Rear-
-Parma Yellows (cut to 1.72" and bead glued)
-Rear width at 172mm
-Battery all the way back
-.065 Black side plates mounted in long position with tweak screws lightly touching chassis
-#3 sure lube in dampener tubes
-Hot Bodies center shock with 50wt oil and associated copper spring
-Shock mount all the way back in car (shortest position) 2mm spacers under shock mount and medium ball stud on shock mount.
-1mm pod droop

Body was a Parma Speed 8 HD lightweight.

The car was very neutral throughout racing. It didn't try to do anything dumb and was very easy to drive. There was more speed left in the car, I just ran out of time to try more things. Needless to say, the DB12RR is the real deal and it will only get better with more testing/racing.

If I missed any setup items that anyone is looking for, just let me know. I left gearing info out as it's kind of only pertinent to the size track at the Birds anyway.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #6925
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Hey fellas!

What can I say. It was a heck of a week and a lot of hard work. After starting practice/qualifying off with stupid mistakes on my part regarding electronics and car setup, I was happy to finish 2nd behind a blazing fast Donny Lia. Donny has been basically unstoppable in 12th scale for the past year and it will continually be tough to keep up with him. With more work, I think we can catch him.

-Front-
-Associated .020 springs with about .020 spring sag when the car sat at race weight (#3 sure lube on kingpins)
-Lower arms were standard associated arms with .060 milled off bottom... no ride height spacers needed (these were arms I got from an oval racer at the race since I was tired of the IRS arms splitting)
-servo angled

-Rear-
-Rear width at 172mm
-.065 Black side plates mounted in long position with tweak screws lightly touching chassis
-Shock mount all the way back in car (shortest position) 2mm spacers under shock mount and medium ball stud on shock mount.
-1mm pod droop

The car was very neutral throughout racing. It didn't try to do anything dumb and was very easy to drive. There was more speed left in the car, I just ran out of time to try more things. Needless to say, the DB12RR is the real deal and it will only get better with more testing/racing.

If I missed any setup items that anyone is looking for, just let me know. I left gearing info out as it's kind of only pertinent to the size track at the Birds anyway.
congrats schreff. lap times were there now i have to cahange my whole car again cause every time i run your setup at 360 i go faster
Old 02-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #6926
Tech Fanatic

hey jason i saw some pics of some 1/12 at the birds with the new associated front end. is this something you might consider
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #6927
Tech Lord

I was going to but when assembling the front end i realized it has some serious caster issues. I decided to let it go for now.
J Concepts
Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #6928
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I was going to but when assembling the front end i realized it has some serious caster issues. I decided to let it go for now.
nuff said
Old 02-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #6929
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Hey fellas!

-Front-
-servo angled

-Rear-
-Rear width at 172mm
-1mm pod droop

You the man as always Jason!
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #6930
Tech Apprentice

What wt is this...I'm thinking around 10000???
Twin 1 Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote