R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #6826
Tech Champion

Awesome John...that's what I'll be running your motors and batts in at Snowbirds
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #6827
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
It was OK but not good enough to keep running. With some tweaking I might be able to get it there but I don't think I'm going to put the effort into it.
Yep thats kinda what I thought. I bought these to paint-up as shelf queens mostly anyway, thanks for doing the the track testing.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #6828
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by -showtime- View Post
Hey guys got back from the Grand Slam race at 360. What a great race!! My 12rr was great, fast, and easy to drive. I was within a tenth of the fastest laps all weekend. Qualified 5th for the A in 17.5, got a good start, and ran 2nd for most of the main, but was a little over geared and the car fell of with about a minute to go and lost a couple spots at the end. Over all a very good weekend for the first time I've run the new car on a high bite paragon track. Jason, the changes you made on the new car were just the ticket with the higher traction levels. The car rotated much better without getting twitchy and hard to drive. I'll post a setup when I get everything unpacked.

Also, it was great meeting some new BMI owners over the weekend. And if anyone has any questions about what I was running just let me know.

Thanks again Jason for the great car!!!
hey greg it was good meeting you and talking about the new car. yours was awesome all weekend and looked great in the main. thanx for the setup tips and im gonna try that speed 8 hd body as it seems to work real well with the car. i think im gonna got back to an angled servo as well since my driving has improved dramatically and maybe i can hold on to the more agressive steering this time it was nice to have some more db12rr's in the big fat sea of speedmerchants
Old 01-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #6829
V12
Tech Elite

Some questions on the DB12RR.
From what I understand from the description, with the new pod its possible now removing the brushless motors without disassembling the pod, right? Even the bulky Speedpassion/GM/Orion motors?

Is there a description/list what is included in the DB12RR now. Im not completely sure what is needed additionally.

Are the thin flexplates also used with the DB12RR or are these just for the older DB12R?

Regarding the blue Special Edition DB12RR, when is this available and how much is the price difference?
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #6830
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Some questions on the DB12RR.
From what I understand from the description, with the new pod its possible now removing the brushless motors without disassembling the pod, right? Even the bulky Speedpassion/GM/Orion motors?

Is there a description/list what is included in the DB12RR now. Im not completely sure what is needed additionally.

Are the thin flexplates also used with the DB12RR or are these just for the older DB12R?

Regarding the blue Special Edition DB12RR, when is this available and how much is the price difference?
hey v12. all of the motors you mentioned drop in and out on the new car with ease the car comes with all the updated parts except the new silva bladder shock i believe. so you will need to get that seperately. also i strongly recommend the sweet machined aluminum front ride height spacers. they are well worth the money the thin flex plates are available for the new car. i have them on mine as we speak not sure about the special edition db12rr
Old 01-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #6831
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know that I'm hanging up my transmitter for awhile, My wife & I just bought our first home So I'll need to switch my focus over to doing home repairs for a while, I wish you all the best of luck & will still continue to support all of you 110% see ya' all when I hit the track in the future
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #6832
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropy View Post
Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know that I'm hanging up my transmitter for awhile, My wife & I just bought our first home So I'll need to switch my focus over to doing home repairs for a while, I wish you all the best of luck & will still continue to support all of you 110% see ya' all when I hit the track in the future
You can setup a web cam and we'll all cheer you on while you'r doing the honey-do list. I'm sure you'll be back someday, I did the same thing in 90 when we had our first child and bought our first home. Here's hoping the list is short.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #6833

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
hey v12. all of the motors you mentioned drop in and out on the new car with ease the car comes with all the updated parts except the new silva bladder shock i believe. so you will need to get that seperately. also i strongly recommend the sweet machined aluminum front ride height spacers. they are well worth the money the thin flex plates are available for the new car. i have them on mine as we speak not sure about the special edition db12rr
the kits are coming with the Silvia bladder shock now. I got one with my kit and a friend who just ordered his got one there too. So whoohoo!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #6834
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (99%+)
Default Question

Hi guys, my DB12RR is running really strong. The car gets stronger towards the 6 minute mark. We typically run on low-traction tracks, by installing the thin flex plates would I gain any corner speed?
Swampracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #6835
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Awesome John...that's what I'll be running your motors and batts in at Snowbirds
Are you going with Kling?

So I finally get to me you after all these years....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #6836
Tech Champion

Yup I'm going there with Kling
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #6837
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
the kits are coming with the Silvia bladder shock now. I got one with my kit and a friend who just ordered his got one there too. So whoohoo!
sweet theres not a kit out there that gives you all the bling like a bmi
Old 01-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #6838
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Ouch, I got two kits two weeks ago, and missed getting the better shocks.
V-Speed Engines
RadioPost
speed-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #6839
Tech Fanatic

hey jason. whats the chassis part# for the db12rr i cant find it on the site. my car was ejected from the track this weekend and the chassis cracked near one of the cells. just goes to show you how durable the car is after that crash any other car would of been in pieces
Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #6840
Tech Adept

OK guys I finally got my stuff unpacked from 360 and fugured out exactly where i ended up setup wise after all the changes I made.

Front:
BMI linear .020 springs
#3 surelube on king pins
6 deg. castor
10 deg. reactive blocks
1.5 deg. camber
1 deg. toe in
Jaco Magenta tires cut to 1.6
angled servo
3.5mm ride height

Rear
Thick flex plates, no tweek screws, long position(would like to try thin ones next time)
silva shock with 60 wt and Gold spring
Corally long ball stud with .060 shim under (29mm from chassis to top of ball)
#4 surelube in tubes
Jaco Grey tires cut to 1.68
Batteries full forward
2mm pod droop
3.5 mm ride height

Parma speed 8 HD body
front and rear sidewalls glued

We ran Paragon so traction was high but not insane. I was having a hard time getting the car to turn at that track for whatever reason with my standard setup, so this one is pretty agressive on the steering, but still easy to drive.

BMI - Parma - The Raceway at Beaver, PA

Last edited by -showtime-; 01-21-2009 at 11:26 AM.
-showtime- is offline   Reply With Quote