BMI's DB12R

Old 01-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys,
have a look at this short video of a local big race from a few weeks ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS22O...layer_embedded
Sorry the video quality is not the greatest.
I am the white car going from second on the grid, the car on pole is a 12R5.
If you have a close look you can see I am struggling just a little with my car being a tiny bit twitchy. Not much though. And maybe also struggling a little with quick left right combinations.
The surface we are on is a low grip ashfelt and no traction additives are allowed.
I did end up winning the race but I want to fine tune the car for nationals in a month. It will likely be between myself and the 12R5 for the title.
So any suggestions would be appriciated.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Fatbear...nice driving. Its easy to see that the car is twitchy. The fix is called expo, its in your radio.

DK
Old 01-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatbear
Hi guys,
If you have a close look you can see I am struggling just a little with my car being a tiny bit twitchy. Not much though. And maybe also struggling a little with quick left right combinations.
The surface we are on is a low grip ashfelt and no traction additives are allowed.
I did end up winning the race but I want to fine tune the car for nationals in a month. It will likely be between myself and the 12R5 for the title.
Thanks
What setup are you running on the car? Could be something simple 90 percent of handling is in the tires. Some more info would be of help.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatbear
Hi guys,
Thanks
Try going to running the servo flat,thin flex plates and also running the pod
.5mm tilt( .5mm higher in the front). Blue center spring with 30 wt. oil will also help tighten the rear of the car a bit. Stiffening up the side dampening and dampening the kingpins will mellow the car out also by making it react a little slower.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:02 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tonight I ran the DB12RR with a SMC LiPo for the first time. This was run with a Novak 13.5.

The car weighed in at 730gm

The car set the absolute fastest lap of the day for any 1/12th or 13.5 Rubber Sedan. Posting a 9.0 Sec. THe closest pace for anyother 1/12th was a fast lap of 9.2. Average 5/10/20 laps I had the 17.5/4 Cell cars beat by over a second in some cases. I TQ'd for the race, but due to some traffic and some bobbles ended up in 3rd place in the main.

The car was lightning fast, and neutral. I used Jasons setup posted earlier only running with a flat servo and different tires. I tried 2x Pink front and Pink rears and it was way twitchy. I switched the Lilac Fr Yellow rear and it was perfect.

The car didnt lose traction at all, and some of the faster laps were set at the last lap of the race. No push, no twitch, just neutral and easy to drive fast.

Attached is my setup I ran.

LiPo may take off at my local track as some of the regulars saw the fun pace and how much speed this car maintained through corners. Pity that only one other guy runs a BMI to take advantage of this setup

I attached a Gif of the setup since some people have had issues with the PDF.
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-liposetup.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Joe-db12rr-setup-LiPo.pdf (151.9 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by Clegg; 01-18-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys
Old 01-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

another strong showing of db12rr at the gram slam series at 360 raceway this weekend greg dobrowsky stuck his in the a main and ran real strong all weekend. i stuck it in the b main and finished 4th. the grip was real high this weekend and i struggled with my car all weekend. no matter what i did or changed on my car i just couldnt go faster than 45 8:02 and i needed a fast 46 to put it in the show. i think tire selection was key and i just couldnt find the right combo to get the cornerspeed i usually have. still the car was very consistent and ran good. i got some things that i want to try when i have a whole day to practice with the car. all in all a great weekend for bmi though also jason schrefflers db10r was on rails in world gt
Old 01-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Grats to Frank today who drove his DB12RR home for the win today in our local race! His car was on fire! Mine was very good too but still having some concentration issues and the headache I had all day didn't help. I had a strong 2nd in one of the quals until a screw worked loose. The car is there...just gotta get the driver there

The cool LM body didn't work so well...still like it though cuz it looks cool. But after the 1st qual it came off and the Speed 8HD went back on. The LM will be a shelf body for when the car isn't racing
Old 01-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chris moore
Thanks I'll keep an eye on that, and pls lmk how it works for you racing. I doubt I'll have a chance to run it for a couple of weeks or so myself.
It was OK but not good enough to keep running. With some tweaking I might be able to get it there but I don't think I'm going to put the effort into it.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Grats to Frank today who drove his DB12RR home for the win today in our local race! His car was on fire!
Thanks for the props Burt. The car was awesome! I could not get this car out of control, it was planted to the track. Thanks to Jason for putting out such a great product.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jason- Thanks for an awesome car! At one of our biggest races of the season BMI took 1, 2, 3 in Super Stock. I'm loving the durability too. The car was near perfect even when the center pivot screw fell out during the main. Chassis was rubbing a bit but many cars were having trouble with the tape seams coming up.

Any idea when a full set of front ride height adjusters will be in stock?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Lord

Thanks alot for the kind words guys. Im glad you are enjoying the car.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys got back from the Grand Slam race at 360. What a great race!! My 12rr was great, fast, and easy to drive. I was within a tenth of the fastest laps all weekend. Qualified 5th for the A in 17.5, got a good start, and ran 2nd for most of the main, but was a little over geared and the car fell of with about a minute to go and lost a couple spots at the end. Over all a very good weekend for the first time I've run the new car on a high bite paragon track. Jason, the changes you made on the new car were just the ticket with the higher traction levels. The car rotated much better without getting twitchy and hard to drive. I'll post a setup when I get everything unpacked.

Also, it was great meeting some new BMI owners over the weekend. And if anyone has any questions about what I was running just let me know.

Thanks again Jason for the great car!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Lord

Thats great to hear buddy. Congrats on the killer finish Jason Schreffler told me that your car was real good this weekend.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I heard the same thing..Greg wana share your ride at Champs ..Im running Masters this year in 1/12 with a BMI car as my weapon!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.