R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #6616
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
I just tried using all my weak google skills and failed in locating a BMI online dealer. I went to the BMI web site but didn't see any prices?..?

HELP!!!
Click on the "Online Store" button on the main menu to the left
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #6617
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Carey View Post
3 energ cells and 1 ib?? speed secret.

Carl looks good-
Yeah...I had 1 cell in the pack completely die and didn't want to buy a whole new pack yet since I would be buying new ones soon for the Snowbirds. Fortunately my buddy who races for eXpress had an extra IB cell that was very close in numbers. The pack runs pretty good too

Does Carl know you think he looks good hehehe
Old 01-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #6618
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
How is the CRC front end working for you? I have one in the mail as we speak and really look forward to trying it. I'm gonna run the AE one more week to try some changes, then switch over.
It's working really good. I went straight to the long upper arm conversion kit though so I don't know how it works in the standard configuration.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #6619
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Yeah...I had 1 cell in the pack completely die and didn't want to buy a whole new pack yet since I would be buying new ones soon for the Snowbirds. Fortunately my buddy who races for eXpress had an extra IB cell that was very close in numbers. The pack runs bad too- flat, and lasts only 4 mins, but in Hawaii we run on solar, so its all good.

Does Carl know you think he looks good hehehe
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #6620
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
I just tried using all my weak google skills and failed in locating a BMI online dealer. I went to the BMI web site but didn't see any prices?..?

HELP!!!
Willis is an Official BMI dealer but here is some pricing for you
http://bmiracing.com/webstore/catalog/
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #6621
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

New layout looks good Gadgt!

One day my car will look that good One day

My car is ready to go for Sunday
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #6622
Tech Champion

Well something went wrong with that servo So I had to take it out of the car and drop the old one back in. Hope the Shoe Goo is dry enough by tomorrow's race!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #6623
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Help! I need more steering.

I have a 12RR and I am setting it up for a small indoor track that is smooth cement with some type of black sealer. The problem is that I have a horrendous under steer. This is a new track and we haven't raced the 1/12th scales yet. During practice every car I've observed with foam tires has pushed. While the rubber shod touring cars have immense traction to the point where some are traction rolling.

I started with the set-up straight from the 12RR's instruction manual and have progressed slightly, but I still feel the car handles very poorly. Basically I'm trying to drive fast without hitting the outside walls as opposed to driving fast without spinning. I am currently set up as:

FRONT - Jaco Magenta full sauced; 4 mm ride height; 1.5 mm camber; 10 degree caster blocks; 1 shim on either side of caster block; 0 deg toe; .20 linear spring w/1 shim preload; no oil on kingpins.

REAR - Jaco Double pink 3/4 sauced; 4 mm ride height; gold spring; 40 wt oil; 1 mm droop; thin flex bars w/o tweak screws; batteries full rear; diff as loose as possible w/o slipping.

Protoform speed 12; 13.5 brushless w/ 65 mm roll out; 100% steering dual rate; Paragon or Jack the Gripper.

Everything I've read says my car should be impossible to drive due to over steer. But I have the opposite problem, the car is almost okay for the first minute and gets worse from there. The huge push on power is almost as bad as the push off of power. It is so bad that I "knew" something was wrong in the way I built the car. So I have rebuilt, and checked for slop or binding in the front and rear suspensions and everything seems correct.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
V-Speed Engines
RadioPost
speed-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #6624
Tech Champion

Concrete is a poor race surface for most RC...the only way we could get cars to hook up on the concrete track we used to have was to spray down a lot of sugar water. Is the track treated in any way?
Old 01-04-2009, 03:49 AM   #6625
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed-e View Post
I have a 12RR and I am setting it up for a small indoor track that is smooth cement with some type of black sealer. The problem is that I have a horrendous under steer. This is a new track and we haven't raced the 1/12th scales yet. During practice every car I've observed with foam tires has pushed. While the rubber shod touring cars have immense traction to the point where some are traction rolling.

I started with the set-up straight from the 12RR's instruction manual and have progressed slightly, but I still feel the car handles very poorly. Basically I'm trying to drive fast without hitting the outside walls as opposed to driving fast without spinning. I am currently set up as:

FRONT - Jaco Magenta full sauced; 4 mm ride height; 1.5 mm camber; 10 degree caster blocks; 1 shim on either side of caster block; 0 deg toe; .20 linear spring w/1 shim preload; no oil on kingpins.

REAR - Jaco Double pink 3/4 sauced; 4 mm ride height; gold spring; 40 wt oil; 1 mm droop; thin flex bars w/o tweak screws; batteries full rear; diff as loose as possible w/o slipping.

Protoform speed 12; 13.5 brushless w/ 65 mm roll out; 100% steering dual rate; Paragon or Jack the Gripper.

Everything I've read says my car should be impossible to drive due to over steer. But I have the opposite problem, the car is almost okay for the first minute and gets worse from there. The huge push on power is almost as bad as the push off of power. It is so bad that I "knew" something was wrong in the way I built the car. So I have rebuilt, and checked for slop or binding in the front and rear suspensions and everything seems correct.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I would go to the standard flex plate instead of the thin and run the short mounting position on them. The thin plates and long mounting is going to increase rear traction. This alone should help a ton. Keep me posted on the progress.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #6626
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default gees

great just great ! cement is not a good surface to run on!
he speed e we got are work cut out for us . your saterday pit partner at beltrans waz-up!
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #6627
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Concrete is a poor race surface for most RC...the only way we could get cars to hook up on the concrete track we used to have was to spray down a lot of sugar water. Is the track treated in any way?
No, it is not treated. I think it is also very unlikely it will be treated as the cars on rubber tires are not struggling for grip.
V-Speed Engines
RadioPost
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #6628
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I would go to the standard flex plate instead of the thin and run the short mounting position on them. The thin plates and long mounting is going to increase rear traction. This alone should help a ton. Keep me posted on the progress.
You know for some reason I assumed the flex plates that came in the 12RR kit were the thin ones. I have the plates straight from the box installed, so those are the standard flex plates correct? I will try the short mounting position regardless. What about using the tweak screws?

As a matter of fact, I'm going to face the wrath of the missus, and go to the track today to test!
V-Speed Engines
RadioPost
Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #6629
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Stock plates are the thick ones so all you will need to do is go to the short mounting position. Also try going to a heavier fluid in the damper tubes like 20,000 wt. diff oil. You can also run .5mm rake in the chassis. This would require you to lower your front ride height by .5mm. Make sure your pod is level at all 4 corners. This is very important.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #6630
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear View Post
Hi guys,
I need suggestions for a setup for a very low grip smooth ashfelt track.
I will be using the new RR and there is no tire additive allowed.

Just some ideas for a good base setup to start with.

Thanks
Hi, has anybody got any ideas for this?
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote