R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 AM   #5836
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Good explination. Just saved me alot of typing early in the morning.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 AM   #5837
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Thanks for explainning very well , i apreciate all your help guys .
Thank you
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #5838
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys,

I just heard from Jason Schreffler and he has got the car working extremely well.With 1 qual and the main to go he was sitting in the TQ spot. I will hear from him again shortly to see how the rest of the day went. He is extremely pleased with the handling of the car and was so excited that he wanted to put the car away for snowbirds. He confirmed that all of the changes that were made did do exactly as they were supposed to do. Kits will start going into production at the end of this coming week.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #5839
Tech Elite
 
SpraydbySprague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Posts: 3,301
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

I want one! I want one! I want one! Did I mention I WANT ONE!
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #5840
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Thanks buddy
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #5841
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,166
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey Guys,

I just heard from Jason Schreffler and he has got the car working extremely well.With 1 qual and the main to go he was sitting in the TQ spot. I will hear from him again shortly to see how the rest of the day went. He is extremely pleased with the handling of the car and was so excited that he wanted to put the car away for snowbirds. He confirmed that all of the changes that were made did do exactly as they were supposed to do. Kits will start going into production at the end of this coming week.
Hey Jason Sherwin has the DB12R dialed on asphalt!! He laid the smack down today

Last edited by Marcos.J; 11-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #5842
Tech Master
 
islander360's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,248
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to islander360
Default

Good luck Jason.
__________________
JConcepts - BMI Racing - Speed Passion - KustomRCGraphics - Core R/C
islander360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #5843
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I spoke to Jason and he said that he did take TQ and finished 2nd in a pretty rough main from what he said. Donny Lia took the win with jason 1 second behind him and Jari took 3rd. He said he could have made a few adjustments to improve the car more but he ran out of time. This is great news to have the car that close to having the right setup in 1 weekend. Especially against racers like Donny and Jari who are some of the best. You know you are doing well when you are dicing with those guys.

Overall he is extremely pleased with the performance. With a little time on the car we are confident that he will be the man to beat. Congrats on a great run jason and thanks for the testing with such short notice. Im glad we were able to prove out all of the changes so i can go into production.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #5844
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I just got back from The Big Chill in Jackson, MS. TQ'ed with the car and finished in 3rd after an insane battle with 2 of the locals. Would've had TQ by a full lap, but I caught a plowdisk and landed on the front straight and drove halfway back around the track instead of waiting for a spotter to realize what had happened. This car is awesome. After running this weekend with the car and reading the comments of a certain national champion from another company in that other 12th scale thread, all of my 12th scale stuff from a certain company in New York is out the door. It would go in the garbage, but the wife would kill me. Jason, you need to make a touring car, man. If nothing else, bring back your cyclone chassis so I can slap one on my touring car.
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #5845
Tech Elite
 
RCSteve93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,603
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I spoke to Jason and he said that he did take TQ and finished 2nd in a pretty rough main from what he said. Donny Lia took the win with jason 1 second behind him and Jari took 3rd. He said he could have made a few adjustments to improve the car more but he ran out of time. This is great news to have the car that close to having the right setup in 1 weekend. Especially against racers like Donny and Jari who are some of the best. You know you are doing well when you are dicing with those guys.

Overall he is extremely pleased with the performance. With a little time on the car we are confident that he will be the man to beat. Congrats on a great run jason and thanks for the testing with such short notice. Im glad we were able to prove out all of the changes so i can go into production.
Jason was flying the whole weekend. I didn't get to see the main, but I saw the Qual's. I saw the car, and I was amazed. It is perfect. The Flex plates are much more linear, the pod is balanced, and the center shock is alot more free to compress. You really got it right with these changes! As for me running my DB12R... I was jumping head first into TC, so that occupied most of my time, and took a break for the weekend.
__________________
rm -rf /windows
RCSteve93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #5846
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

schreffs car was incredible today i had the opportunity to pit right next to him and got to see the new car on and off the track and let me just say it will be worth the wait. its absolutely amazing jason at bmi took an outstanding car and made it even better. the car rotates better, carries even more corner speed, steers more, and is literally stuck to the track. great job bro wrap one up in a new hoodie and ship it my way. its gonna be another great year. bmi style
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #5847
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,806
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

That's GREAT NEWS to hear guys; especially since you guys were there to witness it.
I thought the car was great as is but hearing this, is beautiful.
Can't wait to get mine

Nice work Schreff & Mr. Breiner
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #5848
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,176
Default

Sounds great! Grats to the TQ and 2nd place finish!

Locally I had a much better day too. Finally back up in a podium finish in 2nd with my BMI! The car was better for a sweeping track rather then the technical one we ended up with, but was very smooth and consistant to hold in there for 2nd place.

Can't wait for the new parts!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:09 AM   #5849
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni View Post
I just got back from The Big Chill in Jackson, MS. TQ'ed with the car and finished in 3rd after an insane battle with 2 of the locals. Would've had TQ by a full lap, but I caught a plowdisk and landed on the front straight and drove halfway back around the track instead of waiting for a spotter to realize what had happened. This car is awesome. After running this weekend with the car and reading the comments of a certain national champion from another company in that other 12th scale thread, all of my 12th scale stuff from a certain company in New York is out the door. It would go in the garbage, but the wife would kill me. Jason, you need to make a touring car, man. If nothing else, bring back your cyclone chassis so I can slap one on my touring car.
That is great to hear buddy. Im glad that the car is working well for you. You neve rwant to throiw away money. You can always sell it. Thanks for the support buddy,it means alot.

I am always looking to grow but i need to do it a little at a time. The sky is the limit though
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #5850
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
schreffs car was incredible today i had the opportunity to pit right next to him and got to see the new car on and off the track and let me just say it will be worth the wait. its absolutely amazing jason at bmi took an outstanding car and made it even better. the car rotates better, carries even more corner speed, steers more, and is literally stuck to the track. great job bro wrap one up in a new hoodie and ship it my way. its gonna be another great year. bmi style
Thanks for the compliments from you and rcsteve93. Its cool that you guys got a chance to check the car out. We really have been hard at work trying to make the car better. We are constantly looking to improve but i dont ever want to have a car be outdated. I will be offering a service to all BMI customers who have the car and want to use the new flex plates. You can send your chassis back to me and i will add the new front mounting holes for the flex plates for $10.00 so you can now use the linear position. The new 1 pc crossbrace will be needed also but you do not have to buy a whole new chassis. We did discount heavily all of the parts to convert over by grouping everything together for $99.99. This will include the chassis,lower pod and upper pod plate, offset diff hub, 1 pc crossbrace,pod brace tube and damper tube pistons.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 11-10-2008 at 04:01 AM.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 04:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 09:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 05:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 03:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 06:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net