R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #5821
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The price is going to be 34.99 for the hooded sweatshirts. They are going to be really nice
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #5822
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

Jason, thanks man. I got the part. It looks alittle more beefed up from the one that came in the kit.
Also I will be putting in an order for that hoodie when they come in.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #5823
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cool deal buddy
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #5824
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

oh jeeze. look what i started cant wait for those hoodies jay although i would like a bmi thong for my girlfriend
Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #5825
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
oh jeeze. look what i started cant wait for those hoodies jay although i would like a bmi thong for my girlfriend
Heck I'd like them to make the girlfriend to go with the thong! I'd buy that for a dollar! LOL
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #5826
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Heck I'd like them to make the girlfriend to go with the thong! I'd buy that for a dollar! LOL
Yea but she might not survive shipping!
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #5827
Tech Fanatic

Finally got my DB12R last night. I cannot wait to get this thing going!
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #5828
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Finally got my DB12R last night. I cannot wait to get this thing going!
Your gonna love it
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #5829
Tech Addict

hi , im new to 12th but i already have a hb cyclone TC .
I was wondering if you guys could advice me on this 12th scale car please.
is camber adjustable ,
is toe adjustable
caster
ride height
droop.
how can i adjust ride height ?
What is A " T bar or LINK "
what is the shock for ?
or what is the small roumd that the shock is attached to ?
Thanks for any help guys , i really want to get into 12th racing and especially this car
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #5830
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

I am sure the guys here can help you with what you are seeking, but you might get more info if you go to this thread: 1/12 forum
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #5831
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
hi , im new to 12th but i already have a hb cyclone TC .
I was wondering if you guys could advice me on this 12th scale car please.
is camber adjustable ,
is toe adjustable
caster
Camber, caster, and toe are all adjustable on the front suspension of the car. The rear is a straight axle so camber and toe are NOT adjustable on the rear.

Quote:
ride height
droop.
how can i adjust ride height ?
Ride height at the front is adjusted by putting spacers under the lower suspension arms. Droop is adjusted on the front by how many shims you put on the kingpin. This will adjust how much pre-load or free play is on the front springs.

Rear ride height is adjusted with plastic inserts in the rear pod. The bearings for the rear axle sit in the plastic ride height adapters. The ride height adapters are made with the bearing hole off-set from the center in increments. So if you need to raise the ride height you put in an adapter that has a lower bearing hole.

Quote:
What is A " T bar or LINK "
what is the shock for ?
or what is the small roumd that the shock is attached to ?
This refers to the type of rear suspension the car has. These cars do not have an independant rear suspension to the whole pod where the motor and axles are moves. The rear pod pivots up and down and left to right for it's different suspension movements. The shock dampens and springs the up and down movement of the pod. The side to side action of the pod is controlled either by flexing fiberglass or side springs with dampener disks (the round things) or dampener tubes. The amount of dampening is determined by the viscosity of the oil used on the dampener disks or in the dampener tubes. The term t-bar or link comes in to play with how the rear pod is attached to the chassis. The t-bar is a piece of fiberglass that is shaped like a T, hence the name. The long part of the T is connected to the chassis with pivot balls, the arms of the T bolt to the rear pod. A link rear suspension uses a single pivot in the center front part of the pod with a suspension link on either side of the pod to keep it square with the chassis.

The Hot Bodies Cyclone 12 is an example of a t-bar car.
The CRC Generation X is an example of a link car.
The BMI is a hybrid of the 2...it is a link car that uses flexing fiberglass as the links.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #5832
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I saw Jason Schreffler's BMI prototype going around the track today... all I can say is it is dialed. Let's see how it does tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #5833
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
I saw Jason Schreffler's BMI prototype going around the track today... all I can say is it is dialed. Let's see how it does tomorrow.
Yeahhh boyyeee

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #5834
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Camber, caster, and toe are all adjustable on the front suspension of the car. The rear is a straight axle so camber and toe are NOT adjustable on the rear.

Ride height at the front is adjusted by putting spacers under the lower suspension arms. Droop is adjusted on the front by how many shims you put on the kingpin. This will adjust how much pre-load or free play is on the front springs.

Rear ride height is adjusted with plastic inserts in the rear pod. The bearings for the rear axle sit in the plastic ride height adapters. The ride height adapters are made with the bearing hole off-set from the center in increments. So if you need to raise the ride height you put in an adapter that has a lower bearing hole.

This refers to the type of rear suspension the car has. These cars do not have an independant rear suspension to the whole pod where the motor and axles are moves. The rear pod pivots up and down and left to right for it's different suspension movements. The shock dampens and springs the up and down movement of the pod. The side to side action of the pod is controlled either by flexing fiberglass or side springs with dampener disks (the round things) or dampener tubes. The amount of dampening is determined by the viscosity of the oil used on the dampener disks or in the dampener tubes. The term t-bar or link comes in to play with how the rear pod is attached to the chassis. The t-bar is a piece of fiberglass that is shaped like a T, hence the name. The long part of the T is connected to the chassis with pivot balls, the arms of the T bolt to the rear pod. A link rear suspension uses a single pivot in the center front part of the pod with a suspension link on either side of the pod to keep it square with the chassis.

The Hot Bodies Cyclone 12 is an example of a t-bar car.
The CRC Generation X is an example of a link car.
The BMI is a hybrid of the 2...it is a link car that uses flexing fiberglass as the links.

Ok , but where are the springs in the front ?
But by putting shims under the lower suspension to change ride height , will it change the roll center ?
is roll center adjustable ?
When you mensioned to change rear ride height with the plastic holder at the rear ( i know what it is ) is it like changing the belt tension with the bearing holder on a TC , turning it around ....
If i change ride height at the rear , should i re check the gear mesh because i moved the wheels and the spur is attached to the axle ?
Whats the kingpin ?
How do i change rear droop ?
when you said " the shock dampens and springs the up and down movement of the pod. " is the pod the T bar .
Where are the springs on the disk ? OR the oil?
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #5835
Tech Champion

Quote:
Ok , but where are the springs in the front ?
The springs are under the front suspension arm. The lower suspension arm is fixed and the upper suspension arm moves. The king pin goes through the upper arm, through the steering block, then through the lower suspension arm. The spring mounts to the king pin under the lower suspension arm and droop/pre-load is adjusted by shimming the top of the king pin.

Quote:
But by putting shims under the lower suspension to change ride height , will it change the roll center ?
is roll center adjustable ?
I guess technically it would though we do not use that as a roll center adjustment, just as a ride height adjustment.

Quote:
When you mensioned to change rear ride height with the plastic holder at the rear ( i know what it is ) is it like changing the belt tension with the bearing holder on a TC , turning it around ....
Yes very much like a concentric belt adjustment for a belt.

Quote:
If i change ride height at the rear , should i re check the gear mesh because i moved the wheels and the spur is attached to the axle ?
Technically you should check the gear mesh, but I have found since the axle only moves vertically the change in gear mesh is so minor that I have not had to remesh the gears.

Quote:
Whats the kingpin ?
See the first answer above.

Quote:
How do i change rear droop ?
By adjusting the shock length you can increase or decrease how far the pod droops. Then you use the spring collar to keep ride height where it needs to be.

Quote:
when you said " the shock dampens and springs the up and down movement of the pod. " is the pod the T bar .
Where are the springs on the disk ? OR the oil?
The pod is the box that has the rear bulkheads, motor, and axle assembly. The t-bar is the fiberglass piece you see on some cars that connects the rear pod to the chassis. On a disk style suspension the side to side spring tension comes from the twisting of the t-plate. The dampening comes from applying oil between the disks and the upper pod plate. When the pod pivots the upper pod plate slides between the upper and lower disks. The oil will then control how fast the pod can pivot.

Until you see one close up it will be hard to explain. Once you've seen one you will understand the explanations better. Check around there are several threads on 1/12th scale cars with pictures of different designs. There is a 1/12th pictures thread that gets burried fast but that is a good place to see different chassis layouts.