BMI's DB12R

Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You might as well post your setup. You'll have 20 pms before too long. I really like this car as well. I'm running 17.5 carpet and not exactly on the cutting edge. Car is very forgiving and with some more work and laps I hope to be moving forward.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What a car! I have been out of the sport for 4 year and im brand new to onroad. I purchased a DB12R on Q's recomendation. In just three weekends driving a 1/12 scale i podiumed at the XRAY CHALLENGE RACE AT RC HOBBIES RACEWAY. BMI took 1st and 2nd!!! Great job guys keep it up!!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
You might as well post your setup. You'll have 20 pms before too long. I really like this car as well. I'm running 17.5 carpet and not exactly on the cutting edge. Car is very forgiving and with some more work and laps I hope to be moving forward.
Give me a couple of days to compile it.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Yea, he still needs to run it against me to see whether it's "all that."

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Packing my lunch JayBee!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, All this great feedback. Thanks guys. Im glad your all enjoying the cars. Im sitting here sick as a dog and cant sleep from this damn flu. Its nice to come on here and see all of the great results.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayBee
BTW, some friend of mine are building a page where you will be able to edit and post your setups online. It's already working in a beta mode, BMI setup sheet will be added soon. I will let you know the address when the beta phase is over and registration is open for everyone, right now it's invites only and the range of supported models is very limited.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

hy guys, just wanted to chime in here and say I'm extremely happy with the car so far !
I normally race TC (have done for about 18months now) so this is my first attempt at running a 12th. Had my first race meet with it last Friday at my local club after two practice sessions on previous weekends.
I managed to TQ and Win with the car and it felt like there was a lot more to come as well, once I get more used to the handling !

Great product and highly recommended !
Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Put the lowered pod plates on my car last night. Wow what a difference they make in adjusting height! These will really help eek out that last run or two out of the tires. I kept running into swapping tires when I thought they still had a few good runs on them because of the high ride height we need to run on our track. Not so anymore...I can now get the most out of my tires
Old 09-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by protc3
Wow, All this great feedback. Thanks guys. Im glad your all enjoying the cars. Im sitting here sick as a dog and cant sleep from this damn flu. Its nice to come on here and see all of the great results.
I know what you feel like man...I had a nasty sinus cold for a whole week the week before last. Still have a terrible cough left over. Hope you get better soon!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Yea, he still needs to run it against me to see whether it's "all that."

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Packing my lunch JayBee!
I'm packing mine too; Ritchie is showing up to run with us
Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I know what you feel like man...I had a nasty sinus cold for a whole week the week before last. Still have a terrible cough left over. Hope you get better soon!
Thanks buddy. I cant handle much more of this. Man im a bitch when it comes to getting sick
Old 09-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need help with new build

Im currently in the process of building my DB12R and seem to have run into slight problem. The screws that secure the front end to the chassis seem to be too long. In that, the front screws touch the upper arms, restricting their movement.

2 sets of 4 spacers came with the kit; one set being thicker then the other. My understanding is that you use these to adjust the height of the front end. Being that I will be using new tyres, I placed the thicker set between the deck and the lower arm. However, the screw protrudes through the top of the arm by about an eigth of an inch.

Do I need to double up on the spacers or cut the screws? Or have I built he front end wrong?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skink
Im currently in the process of building my DB12R and seem to have run into slight problem. The screws that secure the front end to the chassis seem to be too long. In that, the front screws touch the upper arms, restricting their movement.

2 sets of 4 spacers came with the kit; one set being thicker then the other. My understanding is that you use these to adjust the height of the front end. Being that I will be using new tyres, I placed the thicker set between the deck and the lower arm. However, the screw protrudes through the top of the arm by about an eigth of an inch.

Do I need to double up on the spacers or cut the screws? Or have I built he front end wrong?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
If you are using the included plastic front end spacers you will more than likely need to add more, they are thin by front end shim standards.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

throw those plastic ones away and get the machined aluminum spacers from bmi. best 50 bucks you will spend trust me
Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
throw those plastic ones away and get the machined aluminum spacers from bmi. best 50 bucks you will spend trust me
+12345

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.