R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #4981
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

orange or purple would be freakin awesome!! but can someone that has a GTB in their car post a picture of it. i just wadded mine in the car so it would work but we have a carpet race next week and i am going to mount it in the car the right way so it balances

holla at ya boy,
leon
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #4982
Tech Addict
 
Ferrarimk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 630
Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13
Default

really? i thought they used black, like the black widow?
__________________
Press Alt+F4 for a good time.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #4983
Tech Fanatic
 
darnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 906
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Kropy- Is your carpet track still open? Let's do some summer testing, once at your place and once at mine (The Track at Harbor Hobbies). If your track carpet track isn't open for the summer then we need to get you over here one Saturday & or Sunday for an all day test session. What do you say?

Jason- Purple it is then, we can't go breaking the man laws now can we...that would just be downright girly and we are manly men....
__________________
Team Top Racing USA,Team Pro One Tires, Team Speed Passion USA
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #4984
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,162
Default

Nope Trinity always used purple. Back in the day they were about the only choice if you wanted an anodized screw. They used to have a sticker about getting "screwed" by Trinity for their screw sets...it was ironic because most of us had been screwed by Trinity for years in other ways.
InspGadgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #4985
Tech Addict
 
Ferrarimk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 630
Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13
Default

oh, kinda of like the HB thing now? anyone hear of that J Spec CRC which was all purple? i think it looked awesome.
__________________
Press Alt+F4 for a good time.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #4986
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

also what is everyone gearing a 10.5 brushless motor on a meduim size track???
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #4987
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Kropy- Is your carpet track still open? Let's do some summer testing, once at your place and once at mine (The Track at Harbor Hobbies). If your track carpet track isn't open for the summer then we need to get you over here one Saturday & or Sunday for an all day test session. What do you say?
Our Carpet track closed down , I would love to come over & do some testing but I'll be working 7 days a week for the rest of the summer
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #4988
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
also what is everyone gearing a 10.5 brushless motor on a meduim size track???
We will get it figured out quick. I forget what we ran last time out.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #4989
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Kropy- Is your carpet track still open? Let's do some summer testing, once at your place and once at mine (The Track at Harbor Hobbies). If your track carpet track isn't open for the summer then we need to get you over here one Saturday & or Sunday for an all day test session. What do you say?

Jason- Purple it is then, we can't go breaking the man laws now can we...that would just be downright girly and we are manly men....
I would like to mess with new colors someday. I just cant stomach red. For the time though, I really love the gray we have been using.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #4990
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,689
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
orange or purple would be freakin awesome!! but can someone that has a GTB in their car post a picture of it. i just wadded mine in the car so it would work but we have a carpet race next week and i am going to mount it in the car the right way so it balances

holla at ya boy,
leon
Here is a pic of mine, not the best angle but the only one I have right now. It balanced out really close like this.
Attached Thumbnails
BMI's DB12R-bmi5.jpg  
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #4991
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,689
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Nope Trinity always used purple. Back in the day they were about the only choice if you wanted an anodized screw. They used to have a sticker about getting "screwed" by Trinity for their screw sets...it was ironic because most of us had been screwed by Trinity for years in other ways.
I seem to remember the purple cars also, I recently picked up a nice switchblade that has blue carbon fiber with black anodizing, looks nice together.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:35 PM   #4992
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
oh, kinda of like the HB thing now? anyone hear of that J Spec CRC which was all purple? i think it looked awesome.
Kinda like that, except that the HB cars have really taken over from the HPI cars, and they were purple too. That colour goes back as many years as the Trinity cars being purple, and the only one that weasn't was the Black Widow. HTH
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:26 AM   #4993
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Here is a pic of mine, not the best angle but the only one I have right now. It balanced out really close like this.
Hey Chris.

Didn't it make it heavy having the servo and the speedo on the right side? Also having a super mini receiver on the left?

Just trying to figure out how it balanced?
Jeremy Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #4994
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,689
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Otis View Post
Hey Chris.

Didn't it make it heavy having the servo and the speedo on the right side? Also having a super mini receiver on the left?

Just trying to figure out how it balanced?
If you look at the centerline you'll see that the motor is not exactly centered in the car but is just very slightly off to the clamping side. That makes up for it, but as I said it was'nt exactly perfectly balanced in this configuration. I tried it with the esc on the other side but it was worse that way so this was as close as I could get.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #4995
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,803
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Questions??

Hey guys is it possible to reach the rollout needed for a Hacker 17.5 with the 88T spur or do I need to swap in the 76T?
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 05:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 10:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 06:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 04:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 07:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0