Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:24 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Yo Jason...Give me a call if your still awake
Old 08-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I believe Adrian was talking about bump toe out, no static toe out.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Jason and Adrian, I am the kind of person that need every detail of why this changes that to understand it, I have put together all of your posts on Dampening, Reactive Castor, Servo Mounting, and Bump toe and Ackerman. If you give me your email I will send you guys a copy to proof.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttso
Huh ackman...

I still don't get, is the rod like \ / give more ackman, or like - - give more ackman.

What about rod like / \ ??

(Front on top, servo on middle)
Originally Posted by goop
/ \ this is more ackerman makes the car smoother and easier to drive
check out this on Ackerman

http://www.rctek.com/handling/ackerm...principle.html
Old 08-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Thanks Tim, also do you which servo fits the Hyperfom 12 if you use angled servo mounts, I have a futaba 9650 and it is too wide.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
we have now started packaging the cars.i should be able to start shipping next week.
Cool. My wife is starting to wonder why I keep carring the credit card around, soon I'll be able to say I already put it back in the safe.
E
Old 08-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big B
Thanks Tim, also do you which servo fits the Hyperfom 12 if you use angled servo mounts, I have a futaba 9650 and it is too wide.
I run the same servo just use the assoc mounts so you can slide it over to clear the arms

Now back to the BMI Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, I was talking bump toe not static toe. Brian Kinwald explained the dynamics if bump toe to me at the 2001 On Road Nats. I used to think like Jason about bump toe but after Brian explained it 5 diffrent ways I finally got it.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Way to go Jason.. Now all that is left is for my grubby big hands to get one in there clutches as soon as possible...please, pretty please. This car rocks..I'm really looking forward to putting it on the track.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Dave do you have to keep telling us about your big hands.....

Man you guys should listen to dave at the track.... I mean him telling you guys about why he switched to boxers ( cause of the room ) ... After seeing those pics of the complete car you know old dave arnold filled that "extra" room in his boxers..

LOL I am just playin dave..... It would be nice to see you back out at the track.......
Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Man you guys should listen to dave at the track.... I mean him telling you guys about why he switched to boxers ( cause of the room ) ... After seeing those pics of the complete car you know old dave arnold filled that "extra" room in his boxers..

LOL I am just playin dave..... It would be nice to see you back out at the track.......
Old 08-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Servo position or steering rack position and how it relates to ackerman is absent from that description. In our 1/12th scales they all pretty much use the same angled steering arm. According to that description then they would all have the same ackerman. However there is a difference between an angled and flat servo in ackerman even with the same angled steering arm.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet

:coo l:
Old 08-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Yeah, I was talking bump toe not static toe. Brian Kinwald explained the dynamics if bump toe to me at the 2001 On Road Nats. I used to think like Jason about bump toe but after Brian explained it 5 diffrent ways I finally got it.
i dont know what he said to you but when you have bump toe in,the outside wheel does turn in more but the inside wheel doesnt turn enough for the car to rotate so it makes the car momentarily push until the suspension returns.the 2 wheels work against eachother.this is something that was reccomended by a well respected pro at this years nationals to stop the car from drilling the nose.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Servo position or steering rack position and how it relates to ackerman is absent from that description. In our 1/12th scales they all pretty much use the same angled steering arm. According to that description then they would all have the same ackerman. However there is a difference between an angled and flat servo in ackerman even with the same angled steering arm.

I was just giving more info on how Ackerman works in genrel, as the post that the guy was showing was more about toe in and out if you can find a write up on angled and flat please add it to the post!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.