R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #4756
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i know the cardinal rule is to change one thing at a time but i had to change several things at once....
i changed to the .022 (linear springs) from the .020 (linear springs) and i changed tire compounds, because i suck and destroyed my only set of lilacs and greys. I went to a black front yellow rear and had a noticeable push and it didnt seem to change directions very quickly, you could call it lazy even.
I just found out that the yellows are actually softer then the greys.... i thot elsewise and thusly tried them with the harder black fronts. is that why it pushed??? the rear end had to much bite?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #4757
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post
i know the cardinal rule is to change one thing at a time but i had to change several things at once....
i changed to the .022 (linear springs) from the .020 (linear springs) and i changed tire compounds, because i suck and destroyed my only set of lilacs and greys. I went to a black front yellow rear and had a noticeable push and it didnt seem to change directions very quickly, you could call it lazy even.
I just found out that the yellows are actually softer then the greys.... i thot elsewise and thusly tried them with the harder black fronts. is that why it pushed??? the rear end had to much bite?
In most cases Blacks will make the car push pretty bad. I only use blacks in real high bite when front tires are gumming up. Blacks are a synthetic rubber and do not have the high natural rubber content you find in lilacs,purples,2x pink and so on. Blacks are a 40 shore tire like purples just without rubber. If you want to go to a harder front, try a purple. Purple is 1 step harder than the lilac. You can stick with the grays, yellows are softer and hard to keep in 1 pc. The yellows work great as long as you dont swipe the boards. Post your setup and surface and i can get you going in the right direction
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #4758
Tech Adept

i run the box stock set-up with a t-bang 27t motor geared 24/88. i have 3k in the damper tubes. i use the lrp qc2(i also have a hara twister 2.2 but with that huge cap i dont know if i can find enough room on the chassis lol)
the carpet is pretty fresh, less then a year old. it only gets run on once a week. I noticed the yellows come apart pretty easily, i absolutely destroyed them in one night... it doesnt help with the amount of boards i hit either. I was just trying something else that i had in the ole tire box and the blacks were fresh
Old 05-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #4759
Tech Lord

THats cool buddy. Try going to purple front and gray rear. Go back to the .020 linear springs and put 5000wt diff oil on the kingpins. Go to 10,000 in the damper tubes with the red center shock spring. If you have a tall ball stud that will help also. Run the batteries in the middle and the rest can be the kit setup. You will also want to gear up a little. I usually gear mine at 88/30 with a 1.750 rear tire. Sauce full rear and 1/2 the inside front and you should be good to go. Let me know how it works
J Concepts
Old 05-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #4760
Tech Adept

thanks jason.... i will set the car up as per your suggestions and it better werk hahahah j/k thanks for your help.... your customer service is absolutely amazing
Old 05-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #4761
Tech Lord

J Concepts
Old 05-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #4762
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

lowrider - it helps if you CA glue the side walls of jaco yellow rears. since yellows are super soft it is hard to get more than one race day and maybe a few practice packs in before they wear out. double pink front and yellow rears work great on carpet.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:17 AM   #4763
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks again Mike I'll give them a try.
Silva Concepts R50 Oval
Custom Works Dominator; FT TC3 Trans Am
t4mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 AM   #4764
Tech Champion

BMI did awesome at our race today. We had our first race were 1/12th had enough entries for an A and a B main. Frank finished first in the A with his BMI and I finished 2nd with mine Frank and I had some great battles for a good half the race before my concentration was blown. I had a couple pretty bad laps there in the middle but finally settled down, got back into 2nd, and started closing the gap back to first. I was too far though to catch up.

Changing the caster was money! Car went from a bit of push in the last race to right on the ragged edge this race. A little radio adjustments got me right where I wanted the car to be. I have just a slight tweak feeling in the car. I think I need to rebalance the electronics. The IRS balance buttons are great but with the flat spot where the pin goes through I can't seem to find where perfect balance is. It seems I can be off a little bit on one side and it will still sit balanced on the flat spot of the buttons. Maybe it's time to pick up some more postage scales and weigh the car at each wheel
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #4765
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Before I get flamed, I am promising right now that the search function is not working for me right now...

Anyway, I picked up DB12 and look forward to running it this fall. I've had good luck with the old AE block front end, has anyone had any luck with it on this car? I'm a machinist, I lower them for little tires and add a few degrees of caster. Fast guys at my track seem to like them, do you think it'd be worth a try on this car? I'm not exactly a "razors edge" 12th scaler, but I'm considering myself dangerous with the right tools and practice.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #4766
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
Before I get flamed, I am promising right now that the search function is not working for me right now...

Anyway, I picked up DB12 and look forward to running it this fall. I've had good luck with the old AE block front end, has anyone had any luck with it on this car? I'm a machinist, I lower them for little tires and add a few degrees of caster. Fast guys at my track seem to like them, do you think it'd be worth a try on this car? I'm not exactly a "razors edge" 12th scaler, but I'm considering myself dangerous with the right tools and practice.
I'll join you on the firing line. I was also wondering what front end if preferred and why.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #4767
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
I'll join you on the firing line. I was also wondering what front end if preferred and why.
I'm wearing my blindfold. Do you have a cigarette?

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #4768
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I'm wearing my blindfold. Do you have a cigarette?
Old 05-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #4769
Tech Lord

To be honest, i never was a big fan of the old school front end so i never tried it on this car. If you try it out, please keep us informed.
J Concepts
Old 05-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #4770
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13

so no one tried the car with another front end?