R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #406
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
who's planning on running one of these bad boys at Vegas????? I tried to get in, but stock 1/12 filled up a little too quick.....I am anxious to see these bad boys on the rug!
your local bmi pro should have one asap and be ready for vegas. there may even be 2 cutting the texas rug.

__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #407
Tech Master
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,627
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
your local bmi pro should have one asap and be ready for vegas. there may even be 2 cutting the texas rug.

__________________
Schumacher USA | SpeedMerchant | Team Tekin | eXpress | Parma/PSE | KOPROPO America | Team Tamale | Liposack.com
~Team McGoo - Not sure of next big race - A-Main or Bust!!!!
~~McGoo Creations - PM me for for a custom quote
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #408
Tech Master
 
CarlosG.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Falls City,TX
Posts: 1,145
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
your local bmi pro should have one asap and be ready for vegas. there may even be 2 cutting the texas rug.

Are you going for 2 or who is the other person joining you?
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #409
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,827
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

hey guys,

if all goes to plan and i get the anodized parts back next week,i will have a pic of the final car that you will all be receiving in the mail. now i just need to get a new servo because i destroyed mine trying to change the case man,im all thumbs when it comes to that.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #410
Tech Fanatic
 
darnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 906
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Stop hitting THE BACK BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try the refresh button instead....
And it that fails, close window, clear the cache and open browser...
Ahhhhhh, so that's it!!! Riiiiiggggghhhhttt.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #411
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Ahhhhhh, so that's it!!! Riiiiiggggghhhhttt.
Sorry, just had to do it man.....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #412
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
your local bmi pro should have one asap and be ready for vegas. there may even be 2 cutting the texas rug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG. View Post
Are you going for 2 or who is the other person joining you?
Don't worry Carlos more the Yang run 1/12th here but you Yang he has two of eveything but then again he lets me drive his cars sometimes if he gets it soon there will be some late night testing to bad the car will not be out till late Aug and I will be in Vegas the frist week of Sept I won't get to play with it mutch.
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #413
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG. View Post
Are you going for 2 or who is the other person joining you?
i don't think I have own just one of any bmi car. but you will have to wait and see.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #414
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Don't worry Carlos more the Yang run 1/12th here but you Yang he has two of eveything but then again he lets me drive his cars sometimes if he gets it soon there will be some late night testing to bad the car will not be out till late Aug and I will be in Vegas the frist week of Sept I won't get to play with it mutch.
I tried to get tim to drive my other db12 when he left his cars in Dallas when we went to OK for the series race, but he was too lazy to swap the RX. it was good though, he was building motors for me all weekend.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #415
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

hey jason and florida crew, I am going to be in the orlando area the weekend of your state race. I was thinking of bringing my stuff and running with you guys. I will need setup for the db12r. I will be traveling light so may need to share from my team mates

i have to work that friday and the monday after, but am free sat and sun.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #416
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

The state race is Saturday and Sunday.... if you need some help for pit space, table, canopy.. just PM me.... I have a tire truer if you need one of those too... Running at Kraceway is the a treat.... I believe we will be running the worlds 04 layout ( so I am told)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
hey jason and florida crew, I am going to be in the orlando area the weekend of your state race. I was thinking of bringing my stuff and running with you guys. I will need setup for the db12r. I will be traveling light so may need to share from my team mates

i have to work that friday and the monday after, but am free sat and sun.
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #417
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

since I am actually traveling for "work" I will probably just be bringing the basics. car, radio, batts, power supply and charger. so If you don't mind, I would need all the rest you mentioned.

I have a room, but it will be in orlando. I don't think it will be too bad of a drive each day.

what do I need to know about the race etc? what will 1/12 be running(stock, mod, 19)?

As it gets closer, I will pm and firm up arrangements.

thanks
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #418
Tech Addict
 
radio_car_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
the DB12R was named after my long lost love,my motorcycle.
And here I am thinking it was named after the Aston Martin DB series road cars.

Still you won't be disappointed folks, both are hand crafted to extreme levels of excellence Do I get 2 for the price of 1
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #419
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_car_racer View Post
And here I am thinking it was named after the Aston Martin DB series road cars.

Still you won't be disappointed folks, both are hand crafted to extreme levels of excellence Do I get 2 for the price of 1
Nooooo... don't compare it to an Aston!! Dodgy clutches, poor electrics, everything hand-crafted so the panels fit where they touch, and cost a fortune to run!! Anyway, DB stands for David Brown, and he made his money making tractors for farms - not a good analogy!

From what I've seen of Jason's work, this is going to be more Toyota quality with Lotus handling and Honda NSX usability - perfect. I'll stick with the thought that the name comes from a vehicle that had more talent than its rider - just the sort I need to keep me out of trouble!

Jason, no disrespect about the talent... no don't do that... noooo, don't take my name off that list... aaaarrrrggghhhhh!! OK, you're a genius... only the blind stupidity of the Team Managers prevented you getting a MotoGP ride... no, I didn't mean it... yes, pick up that pen... yes, put my name on that list again.... phew!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:52 AM   #420
Tech Addict
 
radio_car_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Nooooo... don't compare it to an Aston!! Dodgy clutches, poor electrics, everything hand-crafted so the panels fit where they touch, and cost a fortune to run!! Anyway, DB stands for David Brown, and he made his money making tractors for farms - not a good analogy!

From what I've seen of Jason's work, this is going to be more Toyota quality with Lotus handling and Honda NSX usability - perfect. I'll stick with the thought that the name comes from a vehicle that had more talent than its rider - just the sort I need to keep me out of trouble!

Jason, no disrespect about the talent... no don't do that... noooo, don't take my name off that list... aaaarrrrggghhhhh!! OK, you're a genius... only the blind stupidity of the Team Managers prevented you getting a MotoGP ride... no, I didn't mean it... yes, pick up that pen... yes, put my name on that list again.... phew!!

So your a disgruntled ex/employee for Aston Martin or just had a nasty experence owning 1 then

Got to agree though that Jason's BMI kit is top quality. Got 2 of his 12th's @ present. Just don't take me off that pre order list Jason

Last edited by radio_car_racer; 08-09-2007 at 03:43 AM.
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 04:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 09:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 05:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 03:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 06:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net