Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just wanted to thank Dave Arnold this past weekend for helping me out and giving me tips on the DB12R this past weekend at The Track
Old 02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdunnmcp
We still need stiffer flex plates...

Steve Dunn
I have some .075-.080 in stock. At the snowbirds, Jason Schreffler ran the thin ones. They were ones i made a while back that were made from black fiberglass. He ran them with the tweak screw and they were touching the chassis. His car was absolutely amazing this week.

Congrats to Jason Schreffler for his 2nd place A main 1/12th finish at the Snowbird Nationals with his DB12R and both his wins in stock and 19T TC with that one off chassis,top deck and towers i made for him. You my friend, ARE A MACHINE!!!!!!!!!! You deserved this one big time bro. You were way overdue.

Congrats to Randy Castor for making the A main in 19t 1/12th with his DB12R at the snowbirds. Sorry about the bad luck in the main bro. there is always next time. you ran great all week bro.

PW ran really awesome this week. We never did find just the right setup yet but we got his car good enough for him to wheel it into the B main this week. It was a tough field and we have minimal modified setups for high bite so we were chasing the track all week. Every time we went to race the traction was different. Great job PW. Your time is coming bro. We will get the setup for you with a little more practice.

No congrats to me because i choked every round including my mains. My cars worked great but the pressure and nerves made sure i stunk the place out in every run. The whole big race thing just isnt for me. I cant pull myself together. Every time they call my car out in the lead i fell apart. Nerves kicked in and i would crash. I will stick to just helping out get the cars running for the team and customers rather than racing.

For all of you that i got to meet this week, It was a blast. You guys are all a great bunch of guys. Thanks again for the support.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
It looks like there will be a class and it will be a big deal.
Not at my track.......

Maybe for the SWR cup race, but not for normal club racing

and also, I think we need a DB10R thread now
Old 02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdunnmcp
We still need stiffer flex plates...

Steve Dunn
I agree. .085 or .095
Old 02-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
I agree. .085 or .095
We have tried .090" flex plates...you might as well bolt the rear pod to the front chassis...lol!

The thickest usefull ones we have found are the .080" plates.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

How you fit 6 cells, or say a TrakPower lipo in the 10R?

CRC has there car with a batt down the center, but I like the BMI car more! The support here is 2nd to none...
Old 02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
How you fit 6 cells, or say a TrakPower lipo in the 10R?

CRC has there car with a batt down the center, but I like the BMI car more! The support here is 2nd to none...
The Lipo goes down the center and there is a bridge that goes over the center to mount the shock.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

We have tried .090" flex plates...you might as well bolt the rear pod to the front chassis...lol!

The thickest usefull ones we have found are the .080" plates.
Then I guess we'll have to make our own.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

The Lipo goes down the center and there is a bridge that goes over the center to mount the shock.
Do you have pics of this?

Im REALLY interested in getting one!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

The reason why I think we need stiffer flex plates is because at Cleveland and high bite tracks the rear-end is too soft. I can't say what you race on in Florida to test parts but here in Cleveland, Cincy and CEFX the traction is very high.
Glad to hear there are stiffer ones availiable. When I e-mailed BMI from Cleveland I was told there were not stiffer Flex Plates availiable.
Maybe on the website you can create a "What's New" area so that we can find out if updated parts are availiable.

Steve Dunn
Old 02-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

The reason why I think we need stiffer flex plates is because at Cleveland and high bite tracks the rear-end is too soft. I can't say what you race on in Florida to test parts but here in Cleveland, Cincy and CEFX the traction is very high.
Glad to hear there are stiffer ones availiable. When I e-mailed BMI from Cleveland I was told there were not stiffer Flex Plates availiable.
Maybe on the website you can create a "What's New" area so that we can find out if updated parts are availiable.

Steve Dunn
Old 02-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Steve Dunn
Old 02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Lord

We will be updating the site this week. I made them right before the snowbirds and didnt get a chance to get the update in time. We have them ready for sale and will get them on there this week.

This week at the snowbirds the traction was extremely high. Some liked the thicker plates and some liked the thinner ones with the set screws in and touching the chassis. Jason Schrefflers car was absolutely on rails the entire week using the thin ones. The side spring tension was stiff when combined with the use of the tweak screws. He also ran pretty thick dampening. I will get all the details and put it on the site on what he ran. His car had tons of off and on power steering and carried a ton of corner speed.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What brand and compound tires were you guys using at the Snowbirds?
Old 02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Lord

Schreffler ran Parma tires and ran magenta front and gray rears. The guys running Jaco tires were running yellow rear and lilac fronts. Those compounds seemed to be the hot ticket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.