Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

rub it on your bellah.

motor spray. try not to spray it in your eyes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13
do you need to, and how do you remove all the old lube?
Cotton bud with a drop of lighter fluid - spot on fit, and gets all the dirt out. Kitchen towel and lighter fluid for the piston. HTH
Old 01-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anybody run a C2 or Checkpoint Money 19T in their DB12R? Just looking for suggestion on staring rollout/gearing. Are they pretty equal in power?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running a money motor in my car lately on a 40X90' track. My rollout is around 48mm.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

ah, thanks guys. is there anything while building the kit that i should pay close attention to? is there any parts that need modifying to fit?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fatbear
And is there any easy way to get the spring back in one that has come apart?
For the life of me I couldn't get one back together after 1-2 hours of struggling with it.
It's super easy if you know the technique -- super hard if you don't (as you know).

This will be hard to describe without pictures, but I'm at work without a servo saver or camera, so here goes.

1) Put the spring in the servo saver housing, one end engaged on the tab, and wrap the other end around so it sits on top of the tab at the other side.

2) Put the spline insert in the housing so that the tab on the insert is next to the end of the spring that is not on the tab in the housing.

3) While pressing the spline insert into the housing, rotate the insert against the end of the spring. Once the spring clears the tab on the housing, the insert will snap into the housing.

4) Put the retaining piece in from the other side.

Tips: To rotate the spine insert, either use a servo, or engage the little holes with an appropriate tool.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Anybody run a C2 or Checkpoint Money 19T in their DB12R? Just looking for suggestion on staring rollout/gearing. Are they pretty equal in power?
Outdoors we run Money and Orion 19t motors around 55mm or 2.15".
Old 01-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom!
It's super easy if you know the technique -- super hard if you don't (as you know).

This will be hard to describe without pictures, but I'm at work without a servo saver or camera, so here goes.

1) Put the spring in the servo saver housing, one end engaged on the tab, and wrap the other end around so it sits on top of the tab at the other side.

2) Put the spline insert in the housing so that the tab on the insert is next to the end of the spring that is not on the tab in the housing.

3) While pressing the spline insert into the housing, rotate the insert against the end of the spring. Once the spring clears the tab on the housing, the insert will snap into the housing.

4) Put the retaining piece in from the other side.

Tips: To rotate the spine insert, either use a servo, or engage the little holes with an appropriate tool.

Wow, thanks Tom!.
That was super easy. It sure beats the couple of hours I spent wrestling with it the other night.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I want to let you know that i will be out of the office this coming week because i will be attending the Snowbird Nationals. I will be leaving on monday around noon so any orders placed by monday morning will ship out on monday. All orders placed after will ship when i return. Thanks for all of your ongoing support of our products.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

I want to let you know that i will be out of the office this coming week because i will be attending the Snowbird Nationals. I will be leaving on monday around noon so any orders placed by monday morning will ship out on monday. All orders placed after will ship when i return. Thanks for all of your ongoing support of our products.
I'll tell the HobbyPlex to get their order in ASAP if they haven't sent one in yet. I was going over the parts listing with them yesterday
Old 01-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

hey guys, i have a question about putting th ekit together. on step 6, its says to attach the lower and upper suspension arms using 4 screws. are those 4 screws the one that came in the lower suspension mount packaging? i ask because the screws are huge, and the arms are near impossible to thread too, help, please!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13
hey guys, i have a question about putting th ekit together. on step 6, its says to attach the lower and upper suspension arms using 4 screws. are those 4 screws the one that came in the lower suspension mount packaging? i ask because the screws are huge, and the arms are near impossible to thread too, help, please!
Those are the right screws, they went into my arms with no problem.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Randy is correct. the screws self tap into the arms. They are a tight fit but that is to keep them from backing out
Old 01-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

Don't forget to pack your gas mask
Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Those are the right screws, they went into my arms with no problem.
Those werent them, lol. i had to actually look in the bag with the screws and shock to find it, those 4 big ones are the ones that hold the front suspension to the chassis

Im done with my front suspension, but i decided to dye the fiberglass blue, and it's looking okay, just drying now. My hobby shop didnt have 35 wt shock oil, so i guess when i get to it, illleave it off for a bit.

My hobby shop owner also mentioned that the few hopups, like the one piece side plate, and the servo spacer, and those aluminum caster blocks (??) are really great to get, once i start racing, so do you guys think they are worth getting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.