Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
When swapping out 4cell packs is it normal to have to remove the shock from its mount to slide the battery in and out?

I know this is only going to apply until tomorrow, but I am going to get some sensored motor laps without sensor cable today.

Tomorrow it's back to LiPo, to bad nobody allows them in 1/12th yet
It is good practice to take the shock off of the top plate to install packs. You dont want to put alot of sideload on the 1/12th shocks Let me know how it goes today buddy.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What's the go to tyre for 19 turn carpet?

I had my car running nicely today with CRC purple front/grey rear but the rear end got very loose towards the end of the run. I suspect it might be a traction compound issue as I switched to Niftek but I'm not sure what tyre to run anyway.

My rear lower pod is cracked again too which sucks. I'm sure once I get the revised version it won't be an issue.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default I may have messed up

When i look at the car from the front one of the kingpins sits a little bit closer to the ground than the other, but the ridehight is the same.

I had to squeze the suspension arms a lot to have the pivotballs move freely.
I did trim the upper arms as per manual.

Maybe I need new upper suspension arms could be deformed?
Any ideas?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey GreaseMonkey,

Try This for tires.

Start of with:

Jaco Prism Lilac Fronts and Jaco Prism Yellow rears.

You will have better traction all the way to the end with this setup. If your track allows it use paragon traction compound.

Hope this helps
Mike

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey

I had my car running nicely today with CRC purple front/grey rear but the rear end got very loose towards the end of the run. I suspect it might be a traction compound issue as I switched to Niftek but I'm not sure what tyre to run anyway.

My rear lower pod is cracked again too which sucks. I'm sure once I get the revised version it won't be an issue.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey

I would try the tires mike selected and also you can try a different saucing method. What you can try is sauce bith the front and rear tire. Full rear and 1/2 the inside front. Wipe the front off about 5 minutes before you run and wipe the rear off right before you run. Post your setup so i can take a look.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Hazey
When i look at the car from the front one of the kingpins sits a little bit closer to the ground than the other, but the ridehight is the same.

I had to squeze the suspension arms a lot to have the pivotballs move freely.
I did trim the upper arms as per manual.

Maybe I need new upper suspension arms could be deformed?
Any ideas?
Post a close uppic of the front with the wheels off of both sides of the kingpin area. I will see if i can see anything that could be wrong. If you like you can call the shop and i can go over the the method of building the front end without any issues.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Jason, the package ended up arriving on Saturday, but minutes before I left for the Supercross so I didn't get a chance to get the car done for Sunday's practice. Got it all together yesterday though and this thing is ready to rock at the Snowbirds. Car looks killer!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Had a great race last weekend, the car was better than ever. The X-factor on our carpet seemed to be the GRP cyan compound front tyres. Anybody know which could be equivalent Jaco tires? At the GRP site I see completely different shores vs color codes. The cyan is supposed to be 37+42, which by GRP color codes would be magenta+purple. By Jaco 37 would be lilac and 42 something above purple.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uga
Had a great race last weekend, the car was better than ever. The X-factor on our carpet seemed to be the GRP cyan compound front tyres. Anybody know which could be equivalent Jaco tires? At the GRP site I see completely different shores vs color codes. The cyan is supposed to be 37+42, which by GRP color codes would be magenta+purple. By Jaco 37 would be lilac and 42 something above purple.
i am not sure that jaco/trc/parma make combo front/rear 1/12 tires anymore. I lied, parma has a violet which is not on their pro 38 wheel, but does have dual compund
Old 01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Hey Jason, the package ended up arriving on Saturday, but minutes before I left for the Supercross so I didn't get a chance to get the car done for Sunday's practice. Got it all together yesterday though and this thing is ready to rock at the Snowbirds. Car looks killer!
Glad it got there bro
Old 01-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Uga
I dont know of many companies that still make dual compound tires. I know CRC used to on there track magnet wheels. Lilac would most likely be the closest with some C/A on the sidewall.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

T.M. Tires also has both front AND rear combo tires (same foam as Jaco and I think BSR). They have a cyan front tire (magenta/double purple) as well as a double black that might work for you. The Tan is a new tire that may be similar to a Jaco Yellow and their combo rear tires are called "G" compounds. You can find T.M.'s compound codes here:

http://www.tm-rc-racingcomponents.co...FrameSet34.htm

T.M.'s 12th scale offerings are here:

http://www.tm-rc-racingcomponents.co...FrameSet11.htm
Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Adrian M. you have a P.M.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jason, just P.M.'d you the link.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Glad it got there bro
My car came out awesome with the help of a little black dye on a few simple parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.