R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #3691
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

i will be in monday 7pm.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #3692
Tech Fanatic
 
ChestyV32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

its only like a 50 minute drive for me LOL LOL LOL LOL
__________________
SXT Tire Additive
www.SuperiorHobbies.com
ChestyV32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #3693
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,827
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

its gonna be a good time.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #3694
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

J,

Since you are getting there early, are you going to run the shuttle service from the airport for all the team drivers?

hehehe
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #3695
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,827
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Im going to sleep when i get there Work all day and then a 2 hour drive, Im gonna be wiped out.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #3696
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Im going to sleep when i get there Work all day and then a 2 hour drive, Im gonna be wiped out.
Man you are a bum.
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #3697
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,827
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #3698
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,827
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

I wanted to announce that we are now carrying SpeedPashion Brushless systems and accessories. We will be putting them on the website this afternoon.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #3699
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,766
Trader Rating: 238 (99%+)
Default

Got my order today. Thanks Jason!
__________________
***Team driver for Team Associated, Reedy, A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA, Race Ready Products, Garcia Graphix and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #3700
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
J,

Since you are getting there early, are you going to run the shuttle service from the airport for all the team drivers?

hehehe
With the Vette
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 AM   #3701
Tech Master
 
rcgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,069
Default

Good luck to the racers running at Minnreg today. I'll be home watching via the webcast.
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #3702
Tech Fanatic
 
Sean Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I finally took some pic's of my car, here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
BMI's DB12R-db12r1.jpg   BMI's DB12R-db12r2.jpg   BMI's DB12R-db12r3.jpg   BMI's DB12R-db12r4.jpg  
__________________
Follow me on Instagram powerpaintrc
Sean Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #3703
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 20
Default

Looking for a little help...

So another trip to the LHS gone wrong , back to the RCtech.

I have a Novak 4Cell GTB SS and a Speed Passion Ultra Sportman 13.5. The first question I have is has anyone run this combination? I was unable to get a Novak 13.5 for the moment. The second is what Spur and Pinion are you running for Carpet?

On the servo side of things, I now have a KO 949, what size screw do I need to attach the saver to the servo? Both the screw from the servo and the saver, neither one fit. In addition the ball studs will not thread into the saver, a common issue?

Also the kit comes with two screws for the servo, my Nitro bashing tells me this isnt secure, how many of you are running four screws in the servo?

Oh yeah and are you running flat or angled? If flat what do I need to change.

Also do I have to disassemble the rear end of the car to get the speed passion in?

I hate being a Nooobbbbeeee. But like a proud Nooobbbeeee I put on my newly acquired BMI Bumper today

Also what hop ups are available for this car, I dont seem to be able to decipher which parts on BMI store are hop ups if any.
deker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #3704
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deker9 View Post
Looking for a little help...

So another trip to the LHS gone wrong , back to the RCtech.

I have a Novak 4Cell GTB SS and a Speed Passion Ultra Sportman 13.5. The first question I have is has anyone run this combination? I was unable to get a Novak 13.5 for the moment. The second is what Spur and Pinion are you running for Carpet?

On the servo side of things, I now have a KO 949, what size screw do I need to attach the saver to the servo? Both the screw from the servo and the saver, neither one fit. In addition the ball studs will not thread into the saver, a common issue?

Also the kit comes with two screws for the servo, my Nitro bashing tells me this isnt secure, how many of you are running four screws in the servo?

Oh yeah and are you running flat or angled? If flat what do I need to change.

Also do I have to disassemble the rear end of the car to get the speed passion in?

I hate being a Nooobbbbeeee. But like a proud Nooobbbeeee I put on my newly acquired BMI Bumper today

Also what hop ups are available for this car, I dont seem to be able to decipher which parts on BMI store are hop ups if any.
have not run the gtb/speed passion combo

the screw for the server is the same as the motor endbell screws. the save holes are small for a reason. some actually thread the balls studs into the server and not run a nut on the back.

this is 1/12 scale, 2 screws are plenty. I run 4 just because there are 4 holes. just like I run 4 screws on the servo mount.

flat servo on carpet. the angled give too much steering that you scrub speed in the corners. you will have to shim the ball stud on the steering knuckle up. I use the stock one and shim it until a thin nut is the only thing that will hold it in place. you could use the long ballstuds(i think) that BMI has

yes for brushless motors, remove the left pod bulkhead.(4 secrews)

you can get the axle shims pair if you run jaco's new prism tires. the front arm shim set, servo saver brace, front suspension pivot ball tool is a must, 88 spur is a must for brushless (76/78 if you can find it), .018 front springs, thin flex plates, bmi shirt/sticker set.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #3705
Tech Fanatic
 
DriftDreamer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 797
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey guys,

I wanted to announce that we are now carrying SpeedPashion Brushless systems and accessories. We will be putting them on the website this afternoon.
i checked the BMI web page for pricing and could not find them? what is the price for the: gt esc? 90mm sensor cable(short)? ___mm sensor cable(long)? 13.5(is there more than 1?)?

i sent a pm as well.
DriftDreamer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 04:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 09:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 05:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 03:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 06:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:33 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net