I have been reading more or less this entire thread (phew) Im very interested in the db12r and have a couple of questions.
I am pretty new to RC cars,(32 years old and need a new hobby
I used to drive a V one-S a little bit some years ago but know nothing about electrics and the only thing I know about setup I learned from this and the ta05 thread
1. I see you dont use plugs on the batterys is there a reason for this?
Will i be ok to use deans? I never soldered before, will I be able to get the electrics together on my own?, I was thinking about a Novak 13.5 motor is there instructions on wich wire goes where?
2. Will a TC like the ta05 be a better choice since I know pretty much nothing
3. What is cheaper to own/more fun, TC or 1:12?
4. Do i need my own machine to true the tires?
5. What ridehight spacer do I need when useing stock Jaco tires?
6.What spares /tuning options would you recomed I get at the same time since I live in Norway and new items will take some time shipping.
7. Was thinking 3pm fasst radio, good choice?
8. I dont really understand rollout, I will be running a pretty large large outdoor track (think track record for nitro TC is about 13 seconds)
What pinion would be ok whith the stock spur on the novak 13.5?
9.Will also be running a smaller indoor track what pinion for this?
10. what tires do in need in general for these tracks? Think traction is fair on both tracks.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me
sorry for the not so good spelling.