R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #3121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

John S.

Also include info on how much tire traction you are applying to the front tires.

The more setup detail you give the better someone can dial you in.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #3122
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S View Post
Hey guys i am looking for some more steering from my car in 19t class. I am currently using kit setup with grey rear and purple fronts. I would like to try and tune the car without changing the tire compounds if possible because i have 5 sets of each Anyway what would you suggest. It feels like the front tires are scrubbing going through the corners and reducing corner speed because i have to knock up my overall steering. Ps it is using jack the gripper
more on-power steering try raising the shock (flatter)
or add more rear pod droop
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #3123
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey guys i am looking for some more steering from my car in 19t class. I am currently using kit setup with grey rear and purple fronts. I would like to try and tune the car without changing the tire compounds if possible because i have 5 sets of each Anyway what would you suggest. It feels like the front tires are scrubbing going through the corners and reducing corner speed because i have to knock up my overall steering. Ps it is using jack the gripper
Try saucing the entire front tire...don't be afraid...it works

Do the stuff Marcos said. Make sure you have thick flex plates and 7000-10000wt oil in the damper tubes. 35wt oil and a gold or red spring on the center shock.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #3124
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
more on-power steering try raising the shock (flatter)
or add more rear pod droop
but i could be wrong maybe Adrian or Jason can answer better than me
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #3125
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Try bumping up your side dampening in your tubes. Purples are a little hard for 19 turn but they should be ok. Try 15,000 in the tubes with the red center shock spring and long pivot ball for the front shock mount.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #3126
Tech Addict

Hi sorry about the vaugeness. Im running half inside fronton additive. I did try that adrian but it made the car grip roll on corner entry. I have batterys in centre position atm. I will try some of the things that have been said. Ill go with thicker damber lube first. I have in 5k atm Thanks
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #3127
Tech Lord

5000 is too thin from what i learned last weekend with jack the gripper. My car was rolling way too deep and was almost jack knifing in the chicanes. 15,000 in the tubes,red center spring with 40 wt. oil and the long ballstud made the car unreal. I ran my batts in the middle,sauced 3/4 the inside up front and full rear. I let the traction soak for 30-40 minutes. I ran #3 sure lube on the kingpins also which i think is about 7000 wt. The tires i ran were purple fronts and yellow rears. I am still having nice dreams about how the car ran
J Concepts
Old 12-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #3128
Tech Addict

Sounds good to me i will make those changes and get back to you after my racing tomorow. Thanks to all
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #3129
Tech Lord

Good luck tommorow.
J Concepts
Old 12-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #3130
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jason you have email at the rr add

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #3131
Tech Lord

cool,i will check when i get to the shop on monday bro
J Concepts
Old 12-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #3132
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
This is my set-up for low/medium grip on Jack...

.020 springs / 1.5deg camber / 4deg castor / full-width additive / 5deg blocks / AE cf x-brace between castor blocks / 5000wt on kingpins / 3.5mm ride height

kit (thick) L plates (screws off chassis) / 5000wt in dampers (forward holes on pod) / gold spring / 35wt oil / full-width additive / 4mm ride height

38mm wheels on the front help too. In all honesty, you need magenta fronts for Jack, as when the grip comes up purples get too snatchy and inconsistent. HTH
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:16 AM   #3133
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
This is my set-up for low/medium grip on Jack...

.020 springs / 1.5deg camber / 4deg castor / full-width additive / 5deg blocks / AE cf x-brace between castor blocks / 5000wt on kingpins / 3.5mm ride height

kit (thick) L plates (screws off chassis) / 5000wt in dampers (forward holes on pod) / gold spring / 35wt oil / full-width additive / 4mm ride height

38mm wheels on the front help too. In all honesty, you need magenta fronts for Jack, as when the grip comes up purples get too snatchy and inconsistent. HTH
FYI, the 5deg reactive blocks and the brace between them reduce steering and front traction. 10deg reactive caster block would give you more turn in and removing the brace will give you more steering everywhere.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #3134
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hi sorry about the vaugeness. Im running half inside fronton additive. I did try that adrian but it made the car grip roll on corner entry. I have batterys in centre position atm. I will try some of the things that have been said. Ill go with thicker damber lube first. I have in 5k atm Thanks
Try making your tires smaller. I start my front tires at 43.5mm (1.7") on carpet. That should stop your traction rolling. Prisims will last a dozen runs starting at that size.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #3135
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
FYI, the 5deg reactive blocks and the brace between them reduce steering and front traction. 10deg reactive caster block would give you more turn in and removing the brace will give you more steering everywhere.
Thanks Adrian. Both those have been tried, and the clock consistently says that 5deg and the brace are faster. We have been running odourless additive in Europe for four years now, and winners run 5deg/brace in the majority - no matter what the chassis. It's an odd thing, because all the set-ups I see for Jack in the US use 10deg and brace dependent on car type!

I'm going to get some 2xpink to test with, because your set-ups use these more than the default grey/purple-or-magenta choice we use here.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote