Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
IMO its not impressive
Well If Wally doesn't like it, I guess it's no good
Old 11-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Trips
Here are a few pics..

First one, you can see how much longer the upper arm is by looking at the turnbuckle... a LOT more threads showing than the normal way.

Second pic shows the view from below... you can see the cut off 0 degree mount sandwiched in there...

Third pic... disassembled - here you can see the cut-off 0 degree arm mount... pretty easy to do.

I can't say I've felt a lot of difference, but I think it makes the car a little more comfortable to drive when the grip comes up... I haven't really tested a lot, I've been running the old skool front end on my Rev4.5 and now the "formula" front end on my Rev5.

Hope that was clear...
This is what I use, but mainly for my oval cars. I might have to try it out on the 1/12 car too.

http://www.swiftracingproducts.com/S...95&InfoID=5068
Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kropy
Well If Wally doesn't like it, I guess it's no good
did not say that

but others have said the same.
think it will work better than there old one.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Considering the "new" front end came out in the early nineties (???), it's good to see they have their thinking caps on.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgen
This is what I use, but mainly for my oval cars. I might have to try it out on the 1/12 car too.

http://www.swiftracingproducts.com/S...95&InfoID=5068

Those are sweet!! Lengthening the arm definitely smooths the car out as well as adds a little more steering. Most of all you can drive a little more aggressively like this.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So I'm thinking about playing around with rear roll center this weekend. I was thinking about placing the same size shims under the rear center pivot on the main chassis and the hole mounts on the rear lower pod. In doing this do you think I need to do anything to the side pivot heights? It doesn't seem like I'd have to touch the side pivots. I was surprised the car was planted with a 4.5 BL and want to loosen the rear just a little.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The DB12R did great at Cleveland this year, if I am not mistaken BMI at one point or another during qualifying had at least one and I think up to 2 cars in the show. Looks like a tremendous showing to me.

A factory sponsored driver once told me that when you get to a race like Cleveland the first 30 spots are supposed to already be sown up by the factory/100% sponsored guys. ANY time you can crack in the top 30 at races like this you have REALLY accomplished something and the BMI stock drivers where in there.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yo fellas... man, what a tough week at Cleveland. All in all, I'd have to say I learned a lot about the DB12R. There's still much more to learn.

I mentioned to people earlier that I ran some parts that were prototypes over the stock car kit. Those parts were Jason's new cross brace, which is something he's releasing and I also had a different chassis plate. The test chassis I have is 3mm shorter in wheelbase from the front end. I'm not quite sure this helped or hurt. It turned better than the stock car, but when it got bumpy, it probably hurt. I also had much thinner side plates to work with from testing of the original DB12R from back at SnowBirds. Here's the setup I ran...

-Front-
.018 springs with #4 WindTunnel Dampening Fluid
BMI #2 spacers
.010 preload in the front springs
-1.5 camber
.020 shims added to the front axles to widen the front end
4 degrees caster
Servo angled
0 degree toe

-Rear-
Red Center shock spring
50wt oil in Center shock
#4 WindTunnel Dampening Fluid in the tubes
.060 side plates
3.5 rear ride height adjusters in down position

I forget how long the center shock is. I know the car had roughly 1mm of pod droop. It was 3.5mm in ride height at race weight. Tires were Parma Magenta front and Parma Grey rear. The rear was widened to 172. Parmas have a 1.5mm offset. I also ran a Parma Speed 8 Lightweight.

I think that about does it on the setup. I can't think of anything else.

The biggest issue I had with the car was just keeping it smooth. Earlier in the week, it was fast enough to easily make the show. When the track started getting bumpy, the car kinda "went away" on me. I tried all sorts of things to combat it, but I never nailed it. The setup above was what I ran in the main and it was better than it was all weekend. It still needed work, but we're still learning the car.

I wanna thank Jay for getting the car to me in time to get some testing done. Unfortunately, we no longer have a track locally. We're working on that though. Things will only get better.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Yo fellas... man, what a tough week at Cleveland. All in all, I'd have to say I learned a lot about the DB12R. There's still much more to learn.

I mentioned to people earlier that I ran some parts that were prototypes over the stock car kit. Those parts were Jason's new cross brace, which is something he's releasing and I also had a different chassis plate. The test chassis I have is 3mm shorter in wheelbase from the front end. I'm not quite sure this helped or hurt. It turned better than the stock car, but when it got bumpy, it probably hurt. I also had much thinner side plates to work with from testing of the original DB12R from back at SnowBirds. Here's the setup I ran...

-Front-
.018 springs with #4 WindTunnel Dampening Fluid
BMI #2 spacers
.010 preload in the front springs
-1.5 camber
.020 shims added to the front axles to widen the front end
4 degrees caster
Servo angled
0 degree toe

-Rear-
Red Center shock spring
50wt oil in Center shock
#4 WindTunnel Dampening Fluid in the tubes
.060 side plates
3.5 rear ride height adjusters in down position

I forget how long the center shock is. I know the car had roughly 1mm of pod droop. It was 3.5mm in ride height at race weight. Tires were Parma Magenta front and Parma Grey rear. The rear was widened to 172. Parmas have a 1.5mm offset. I also ran a Parma Speed 8 Lightweight.

I think that about does it on the setup. I can't think of anything else.

The biggest issue I had with the car was just keeping it smooth. Earlier in the week, it was fast enough to easily make the show. When the track started getting bumpy, the car kinda "went away" on me. I tried all sorts of things to combat it, but I never nailed it. The setup above was what I ran in the main and it was better than it was all weekend. It still needed work, but we're still learning the car.

I wanna thank Jay for getting the car to me in time to get some testing done. Unfortunately, we no longer have a track locally. We're working on that though. Things will only get better.

did you run the set screws in the flex plate at all?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Jason.

I sent you an email for some days ago and wanted to order a DB12R, but I haven’t got any answer.
So I just wonder: have you got my order?

I just can’t wait driving indoor now.

Cheers!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We got it buddy. I just got it yesterday afternoon after getting back from the holidays weekend. I will shoot you an email this morning
Old 11-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
did you run the set screws in the flex plate at all?
No, I did not run the set screws in the flex plates.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Lovely Jason!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Good setup jason, that is basically where I ended up at for my carpet setup, but I was a little lighter in the center shock, which might of helped with the bumpy track. Good showing, and I hope you find a local track to run on soon. If you are near cincinnati come run with us at tri-state, I am sure you will find plenty of competition. We are also having a winterfest race that is going to be really big.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BigMike- Let us know when the Winterfest race will be and some particulars as this sounds like something to attend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.