Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kropy
Adrain ~ Did you take any of Jason's stickers yet? Just let me know if you want any

I have some of the red black and white ones. They look cool. I will be rocking them on my new bodies.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Can someone post the jaco prism tire durometer order again please. Also, the last list was missing rear double pink in the list.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kropy
Us guys up here in he snow belt need some hoodies.....
Yeah It gets cold down here too it was 65 w/o the a/c .I was freezing
Old 11-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mnracer
Can someone post the jaco prism tire durometer order again please. Also, the last list was missing rear double pink in the list.

Black - 40S: Special tire for insane traction carpet tracks. Does not get gummy like Purple. If you dont have insane traction you car will push with these.

Purple - 40S: Rarely used, the foam this compound is made from gets more gummy late in a race making it unpredictable. The more you run this compund the gummier and stickier it gets. This makes it pick up crap from the track making it even more inconsistant.

Lilac - 37S: Great front tire for stock carpet or if dbl. pink is too much steering.

Double Pink - 35S: This is the stnadard front tire for carpetin all classes. Its is used front and rear for 19T and Mod carpet and front and rear in all classes on asphalt.

Grey - 35S: This is a low natural rubber compound. IT is just as hard as dbl. pink but it had FAR LESS traction. It is used to free up rhe rear of stock powered carpet cars for more efficiency and cornerspeed. This is the old standard rear carpet tire, most stock carpet racers use the softer yellow compound now for more forward grip.

Magenta - 32S: Its softer than dbl pink so if you need more steering than dbl. pink use these up front. If you need more rear traction than dbl. pink use these in the rear.

Pink - 30S: This tire is used in mod 1/12th on carpet and asphalt if the traction is low. If the tractioin is high it will lock in the rear of the car and make it push.

Yellow - 30S: This is a low natural rubber compound. It is the standard rear tire for Stock racing. It is used to free up the rear of stock powered carpet cars for more efficiency and cornerspeed.

White - 25S: This is a low natural rubber compound. It was the standard rear tire for 1/10th on road carpet racing. Its a little softer than yellow.

Last edited by AdrianM; 11-10-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Thanks Adrian
Old 11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ssc-rc
Yeah It gets cold down here too it was 65 w/o the a/c .I was freezing
Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Jason told me the diff between Yellow and White compounds. I altered my post to show this.

I put the list on the BMI website for easy access to all in the future.

http://www.bmiracing.com/tech.htm

Last edited by AdrianM; 11-10-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Jason/Team BMI,

I have to be sure to Thank You for the opportunity to run this car. I haven't run a 1/12 for well over a year, and was never really a factor before. I got to actually race my DB12R today for the first time and was on rails from the first pack and throughout the day. The car was so good it looked like I knew what I was doing. I had a little help from Dave Chester, Craig Xavier, and Mike Harold Sr. and went out to TQ and finish 3rd at our Regionals today at 'The Track' in MD. Had the lead for the first 7 minutes but had a brain fart and gave it away. Craig and Wes represented though and took 1 and 2 making it a BMI Racing 1, 2, 3.

It's also been great to be able to read this forum and get plenty of setup ideas to try out. I know Craig and I have both benefitted from it!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Schreffs car was really good tonight also. He made some major improvements throught the day. Carpet guys might wanna get his setup.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Schreffs car was really good tonight also. He made some major improvements throught the day. Carpet guys might wanna get his setup.
Ya, car was definitely good stuff. Needs a little bit more work to be dialed. Too bad I wasted that main run Larry. Gotta come up with something to make sure that center shock adjuster nut doesn't move on it's own again.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Lets see that setup!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
Lets see that setup!
I 2nd that!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hey Jason/Team BMI,

I have to be sure to Thank You for the opportunity to run this car. I haven't run a 1/12 for well over a year, and was never really a factor before. I got to actually race my DB12R today for the first time and was on rails from the first pack and throughout the day. The car was so good it looked like I knew what I was doing. I had a little help from Dave Chester, Craig Xavier, and Mike Harold Sr. and went out to TQ and finish 3rd at our Regionals today at 'The Track' in MD. Had the lead for the first 7 minutes but had a brain fart and gave it away. Craig and Wes represented though and took 1 and 2 making it a BMI Racing 1, 2, 3.

It's also been great to be able to read this forum and get plenty of setup ideas to try out. I know Craig and I have both benefitted from it!

That is AWESOME dude!!! Congrats to all three of you on killer performances. It is really cool to see that people are getting more comfortable with the car and seeing what it likes. For a car that has been out such a short time, Things are just going to get better. With all of the support and help that we all contribute on this forum and at our tracks is now paying off and it is showing in the results and laptimes. This is going to really be a strong year.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Ya, car was definitely good stuff. Needs a little bit more work to be dialed. Too bad I wasted that main run Larry. Gotta come up with something to make sure that center shock adjuster nut doesn't move on it's own again.
Thats cool bro. It was nice to see you getting the car better each run and getting more and more comfortable as the day went on. Try dabbing a small mark of R/C or any kind of paint on the ID threads of the adjuster nut and when it drys it will act as a light locktight and keep the nut from moving. I will give you a buzz in a bit to go over how the last adjustments worked out for you.

I would like to get setups from all of you guys so we can post em on the website. I have Craigs and i will be putting that on the site also
Old 11-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hey Jason/Team BMI,

punkboy - Your car was really good last night. It was really steering well in and out of turns carrying a lot of corner speed. I was actually surprised you car was that good especially since I've always known you to be a sedan racer.

I am really impressed with this car. The rear end is planted like a spring car, but steers like a t-bar car. I finished putting the car together on Friday night and put it down on the track Saturday morning. With CraigX and punkboy's help with gearing and setup I picked up a full second on my lap times. The car still has a little on-power push, but I still have some things to try to fix it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.