R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #2731
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
I was wondering what you guys are running for carpet setup.

What is everyone running on carpet right now. I have got my car pretty close.

so far I am at
10.5 brushless meduim sized track with a decent groove
3mm ride hieght with 1mm of droop in the rear
jaco double pink fronts 42mm (outside glued) and pink 44 mm rears
kit center spring with 25 weight oil
associated 18 fronts slightly pre loaded with zubak kingpin lube
1.5 degree of camber in the front
0 degree of toe, maybe just a tick of toe out
servo mounted at an angle with small servo saver
light dampening tube fluid, just a tick thicker than corally white
thick side plates with no set screw
batteries all the way forward

The car feels pretty planted right here, I was a little too thick in my dampening tubes and it really upset the car. I found it was easy to get to stiff in the rear end if you didn't watch it.

what is everyone else running for dampening fluid.
We believe greases get pushed out of the tubes over time and are inconsistent. We use silicone oils normally used in 1/8th buggy diffs from 5000-10,000wt. We almost always run 5000 or 7000wt. 10,000wt is almost too thick. Jason set the tolerances between the outer tube and damper rod for these oils.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #2732
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
I was wondering what you guys are running for carpet setup.

What is everyone running on carpet right now. I have got my car pretty close.

so far I am at
10.5 brushless meduim sized track with a decent groove
3mm ride hieght with 1mm of droop in the rear
jaco double pink fronts 42mm (outside glued) and pink 44 mm rears
kit center spring with 25 weight oil
associated 18 fronts slightly pre loaded with zubak kingpin lube
1.5 degree of camber in the front
0 degree of toe, maybe just a tick of toe out
servo mounted at an angle with small servo saver
light dampening tube fluid, just a tick thicker than corally white
thick side plates with no set screw
batteries all the way forward

The car feels pretty planted right here, I was a little too thick in my dampening tubes and it really upset the car. I found it was easy to get to stiff in the rear end if you didn't watch it.

what is everyone else running for dampening fluid.
Move the batteries to the back and try 5000 wt or 7000 wt diff fluid. The center shock oil sounds a little light. Try 30 or 35. If the bite is high i would go to a little less camber. If the car is a little too edgy go to .020 front springs. I generally like 2x pink front and rear for a 10.5.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #2733
Tech Master
 
bigemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: hamilton, oh
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike
Default

30 might work in the shock, but 35 was way to thick and wouldn't let the rear end work in my case. I am going to put 20's back on it here soon. I need to get some 4-8k diff lubes, anyone got any recommendations on brand, or a place to pick them up. I am down to what would be about a 4-5k lube and it is very easy to drive right now.

The car didn't work at all with the batteries back, I feel they really need to be forward. I will try it again since the car is coming in better, but we all like the batteries forward, it is the same for just about every fast 1/12th I have seen here.

i am going to try to run again sunday and I will let you know what I come up with.

Thanks for the info, jason did you get my pm about the missing battery locater. I also need 4 of those real little screws that hold the delrin pieces to the side plates. drop me an pm when you send them out.
__________________
No sponsors. Love TLR, OS and Futaba though
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #2734
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,755
Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default

Hi Jason, have those servo mounts come in yet for my kit? My tools are all laid out on the table waiting to build.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #2735
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey guys,

We are in the process of getting T shirts made now.
Make sure you get some big sizes for us a little on the "Robust" side
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #2736
Tech Master
 
bigemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: hamilton, oh
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike
Default

I need like a 5x, laying it down on some big macs, lol
__________________
No sponsors. Love TLR, OS and Futaba though
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #2737
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Hi Jason, have those servo mounts come in yet for my kit? My tools are all laid out on the table waiting to build.
got them in this afternoon
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #2738
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,527
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
. I need to get some 4-8k diff lubes, anyone got any recommendations on brand, or a place to pick them up. I am down to what would be about a 4-5k lube and it is very easy to drive right now.
Associated now has diff oils for the RC8, so they should be available anywhere for a decent price.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #2739
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey guys,

We are in the process of getting T shirts made now.
Us guys up here in he snow belt need some hoodies.....
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:04 AM   #2740
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,601
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave
Default

I noticed the manual says that if your running the servo flat you need differnt ball studs on the knuckles. How much shimming can I add to equal the new bullstud or is that not needed?
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 AM   #2741
Tech Elite
 
mike ivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Comin at ya from a distant galaxy
Posts: 2,792
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Hey Jason ygpm Bro
__________________
[-eXpress motorsports-] [-TQ Wire-]

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 AM   #2742
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post
I noticed the manual says that if your running the servo flat you need differnt ball studs on the knuckles. How much shimming can I add to equal the new bullstud or is that not needed?
i believe what Adrian and Jason are saying is the teh ball stud that comes with the kit is not quite long enough. so when you shim the ball stud up to the max, it still give you a little bump toe. so you may need a longer ball stud.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #2743
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i believe what Adrian and Jason are saying is the teh ball stud that comes with the kit is not quite long enough. so when you shim the ball stud up to the max, it still give you a little bump toe. so you may need a longer ball stud.
Thats right. If you run your servo flat you need to get two black med. ball studs of the steering spindles. They are the same as the one used to attach the center shock to the antenna mount.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #2744
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
The car didn't work at all with the batteries back, I feel they really need to be forward. I will try it again since the car is coming in better, but we all like the batteries forward, it is the same for just about every fast 1/12th I have seen here.
Note that the further forward you run your battiers the less corner entry steering you will have.

How much caster are you running and what reactive caster block are you running? If you feel the batteries have to run really far forward chances are there is something weird setting wise elsewhere on the car.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #2745
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Adrain ~ Did you take any of Jason's stickers yet? Just let me know if you want any
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 04:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 09:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 05:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 03:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 06:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net